Start by marking “Wedgieman to the Rescue” as Want to Read:
Wedgieman to the Rescue

Wedgieman to the Rescue (Wedgieman)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Following his debut in Wedgieman: A Hero Is Born, our superhero continues on his mission to get children to eat their vegetables. Until he meets Bad Dude and his secret inventions, that is.

Bad Dude has a plan; it's a bad plan. He wants to use his Make-Things-Disappear Machine to zap the playground and make it dematerialize—and then force all the children to work in the Ba
Published February 12th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Wedgieman to the Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedgieman to the Rescue

Katie Fitzgerald
Wedgieman to the Rescue is a level 3 easy reader from Random House’s Step into Reading series. In his second adventure, Veggieman (aka Wedgieman) comes up against Bad Dude, a villain keen on zapping the playground and forcing all the kids to work in his factory. Not only does Wedgieman come through to save the kids, but the kids give Bad Dude a toilet-themed nickname of his own.

I like Veggieman as a character, and I think the tone and illustrations of this book are spot-on for the target age gro
Samantha Ray
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is appropriate for Kindergarten to Third Grade. Wedgieman also known as Veggieman fights to stop crime and to make sure that children are eating their vegetables. Larry also known as Bad Dude has a secret hideout with lots of inventions. He has two goals for his Make-Things-Disappear Machine: to zap everything on the playground and make all the children work in his factory. As part one of his plan begins, Wedgieman hears the cries and comes to the rescue. Wedgieman won against Bad Dude ...more
Kira McGann
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
And now the further adventures of our super hero du jour, “Wedgieman,” continues in Harper’s second hilarious installment “Wedgieman to the Rescue.” Harper employs a rather quirky writing style, very reminiscent of Dav Pilkey’s Captain Underpants series. In fact, my six-year-old son loved the pronunciation errors turned into jokes (i.e. “Wedgieman” for Veggieman and “Doodie” for Bad Dude) as well as the cool and stylish illustrations of the characters: Wedgieman, Larry “the Bad Dude,” and the ch ...more
Great Books
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ages-5-8
Veggieman, known as Wedgieman to the kids in town, interrupts Bad Dude's evil plan to cause mayhem. Bad Dude wants to make playground equipment vanish with his Make-Things-Disappear machine so he can put the kids to work in the Bad Dude Factory! Wedgieman stops Bad Dude, gives everyone a healthy snack (celery), and, before taking Bad Dude to jail, gives himself a wedgie! Early readers will laugh out loud when they read this hilarious 2nd offering in Harper's 'Wedgieman' series.
Reviewer #19
Tracy
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a great kids book, perfect for younger readers. The Hero Wedgieman (Veggieman) thwarts the evil Bad Dude's plan to ruin the playground. Ends up giving the kids veggies and himself a Wedgie before putting Bad Dude in jail. The humor is spot on for the younger crowd and will encourage the young reader to keep on reading to see whats happening next.

This book was provided to me by the publisher via Edelweiss. The rating, review, and all opinions are my own
Mamers
This is just... stupid. Not even funny. Just stupid.
paula
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good job, Bob! Good job, Charise! Wedgies for everybody!
Ellie
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boys, funny, superhero, reader
BRILLIANT. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
PWRL
May 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Winnie DuBois
Overwhelming stupid. Do not recommend to any child. Probably trying to capitalize on the Captain Underpants success. This is just dumb and insulting to any kid's intelligence.
Elisabeth
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I have not read the first Wedgieman book - so maybe that is the reason I wasn't feeling it. 2 stars for story, 4 for Bob Shea's illustrations.
Melissa
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Easy readers that are snarky funny with gross-out kid humor.
Ms. Yingling
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
This didn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm not in the target demographic.
Kim Heimbuch
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
May, 2013- Review coming soon to my new website and will also be posted here. www.musingwithcrayolakym.com
Erin