Start by marking “Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?” as Want to Read:
Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?

(With This Ring)

Set in Wyoming, WHO WANTS TO MARRY A COWBOY? tells the story of Riley Pommer, a forest ranger who moves back to his family's pay-to-play-cowboy ranch to care for his siblings after their father's death. He's been burned by women in his life, and is content to be without any entanglements, but his siblings have other ideas. They decide to turn the ranch into a singles ...more
Published May 7th 2013 by Forever Yours (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?

Start your review of Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?
Jonetta
If you're a fan of the TV show, The Batchelor, this story will probably be a fun read for you.

Ainsley Fairfax comes from a wealthy South Carolina family with a matriarch from hell. Her mother is adamant that she's going on a cruise with Edward, the man of her choosing, and work on their nuptials when they return (her command was that they get engaged). Ainsley schemes with her black sheep sister to switch places and take her trip to a cowgirls weekend in Wyoming.

It's two weeks of competition
Pamela(AllHoney)
Ainsley Fairfax trades places with her sister to go to Wyoming to participate in a bachelorette type weekend where bachelor Riley Pommer is the ultimate prize. Her sister, Cecelia is taking her place on a couples cruise with the man her mother wants her to marry.

If I had to describe this book with two words I'd say - sexy and fun. One of those light romances that just make you want to smile a lot.
Shauni

Who wants to marry a cowboy? I do, I do... LOL sorry the question had to be answered. I admit it, the reason I chose to read this book from netgalley was the name. Oh and it takes place in Wyoming, my current fantasy place to live. Normally I would have by passed it and that would have been a sad thing. Abigail Sharpe writes a fun, creative book with lots of shenanigans, family disputes, back stabbing, evil witches (couldn't say the B word but it's implied) and some serious get a clue moments..
Sunny☼
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ainsley Fairfax owns her own florist shop but rich and controlling mommy dearest is threating to take it away if Ainsley doesn't agree to marry the man of mother's choice, Edward.

Riley Pommer has lived on his own for years but must now come home to help his siblings run their sheep farm because of the recent death of their father.

After a string of situations involving family manipulation on both Riley's and Ainsley's part the two find themselves falling in love, at his farm, in spite of evil
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
Originally reviewed at www.devastatingreads.blogspot.com
This was a really fun read. I was quite drawn in by the humor and polished style of Ms. Sharpe. I wasn't really sure what to expect from a novel that featured this bachelorette scene, but I was delighted with the story and characters. I think was most impressed me was that the story features two romances, that of Ainsley and Riley, and her sister Cecilia and Edward, and did that well. I'm not usually a fan of a book that has two couples as
Kari Kaz
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet story about a woman who falls in love with a charming cowboy and finds her own inner strength along the way.

description

Ainsley goes to Wyoming as a favour to her sister, replacing her in a bachelorette-style competition so Cecelia can go on a last minute cruise with the man she loves. Ainsley has no plans to actually ensnare the cowboy contestant...

Riley has no interest in meeting women, especially the ones who crash into his ranch. He agrees to participate in the competition after
Lisa
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An impressive debut filled with requisite heat and welcome humor. Ainsley Fairfax finds not only love where she didn't expect to but also the chance to become true mistress of her own destiny. She's a warm, feisty character despite a history of bending to her mother's formidable will.

Sharpe's supporting cast of characters is peopled with quite a few rich, entertaining people as well. Edward, Ainsley's would-be fiance, is an exasperating favorite. Riley's younger brother, Seth, tugs at the
Dana Anderson
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Although I don't spend a lot of my reading time in this genre, this book is well-written, with a fairly intricate plot, great characters, and wonderful dialogue. The romance parts are just the right combination of heart-warming and sexy. The characters' motivations and actions are believable and there's a lot of subplots and well-written less important characters, which makes this book stand out from others in the genre that I've read.

I'm excited to read her next book, "Who Wants to Marry A
Nikki ♥
This was a fun one to read. I liked the uniqueness of the story and thought it was well written. I think the book will appeal to Jill Shalvis fans and fans of the TV show, "The Bachelor." It was the perfect read for a lazy afternoon.

Looking forward to the next in the series.
Jaye Garland
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is going on my Keeper Shelf. What a fun read! I'm putting Abigail Sharpe on my auto-buy list of authors. There's something fun in every scene, and Sharpe kept me guessing till the very end. Loved the whole story!
Katey Sands
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good romance! The build up was nice, and the tension between the protagonists was well developed. There was just enough feeling of wanting to knock sense into people without being frustrated.

Overall, A+ romance
Rory
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a heart warming story with great western values. The story line is cute with in depth character development that draws the reader in nicely. Abigail Sharpe is a gifted writer.
Roberta B.
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reality TV with small town charm? Yes please! Plus, the comedy and the complications :-) loved it!
R.M.
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book a 4.5 / 5 stars.

I'm a very picky reader, and someone who is hard to please, especially when it comes to reading books that are generally outside my genre. But I really wanted to go outside my comfort zone and read a book in an unfamiliar genre as a change of pace.

I don't know why or how, but I devoured this book in just 1 1/2 days. Something about this witty, yet charming story kept me wanting to turn the page to see what happens next. My favorite character in the book was
Leslie
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who likes The Bachelor and hot cowboys, especially when fused together
A word I'd use to describe Who Wants to Marry A Cowboy is charm. It was a very charming read that I really enjoyed. It had a bit of everything, romance, humor, sexual tension, hot cowboy, jealous mean girls, controlling mother of all mothers and a hard-headed fiance wannabe. I went through a gamut of emotions ranging from humor to frustration to satisfaction. At the end, I felt I got what I wanted from this read. It left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

I really liked Ainsley. She hit a
Fizzgig
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book is a good book, but not my style of reading. I tend to be more of a scientific/nonfiction/sci-fi reader. I read the book for a friend.

I rarely if ever read romance books. I don't know how they usually go, rules, or the word choices go. I dismissed romances back in the 80s because Harlequin Books and Silhouette Books had a formula that writers had to write to. I wanted a romance where the man and woman had a fight and dismissed each other but had fun getting there. I didn't care about
Leona
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Review of Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy? by Abigail Sharpe

From goodreads.com:

There's nothing florist Ainsley Fairfax won't do to help her sister get the love of her life-even if it means taking her place on a bachelorette weekend at a Wyoming ranch so Cecelia can sail off with the man of her dreams. Ainsley is determined to spend the time keeping her head down and her heart safely tucked away-until an encounter with the ranch's hunky owner gets her heart-and steamy desires-to bloom . . .

Ada
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Tory Michaels
Overall, I definitely liked this book. Given the excerpt at the end from her upcoming sophomore effort, Who Wants to Marry a Doctor?, along with the general likability of the hero of that upcoming book, I believe she’s one to watch in the future.

That said, there were definitely both good and bad with this book. Riley and Ainsley are both likable in general, but I did get tired of the constant lack of faith on either of their parts as to the other. Yes, they both had issues (who doesn’t?), but I’
Cupcakencorset
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! It's a terrific take on the cowboy-romance genre, with characters you care about (and some you want to kick square in the hoo-hoo), dialogue that's believable, and settings you can visualize and wish you could visit. The main characters are flawed and struggling, but their bone-deep goodness makes you root for them, even on those rare occasions when they seem to change their minds with what seems (to the reader) like insufficient provocation.

The writing is strong, one of my
Beverly Diehl
3.5 stars. Charming romance about Ainsley, a girl battling to make her own way and choose her own partner, whether her bossy mother approves or not, and Riley, a cowboy whose heart and ass(ets) are being put on the line to save the family ranch.

Quibbles: there's a "B" story (Cecelia and Edward) and a "C" story (Meagan and Cookie) that are both so strong they overshadow the Ainsley-and-Riley storyline. Looked at another way, it's like delicious brownies WITH chocolate chips AND chocolate
Elizabeth Wright
I cannot say enough about this book! What a ride!

First of all, all of the characters, the H/h, the secondary characters, everyone was EXTREMELY well written. I *know* these people now. The imagery is also divine. I could very clearly picture each scene and location in my mind. It was wonderful. This book made me feel like I was on vacation.

The story. Or should I say storIES. I absolutely loved the premise of a ranch reinventing itself over and over to compete with the times and try to stay
Kacy Rozier
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book hooked me from the first two chapters! I loved Ainsley character! I felt her frustrations when her Mom was trying to have the upper hand in Ainsley's life and believe me SHE TRIED! I just wanted to slap the mother and tell her off!! LOL Her mother was trying to set her up with Edward.. to keep their family's name up. SO, she planned a cruise for Ainsley and Edward to take so (her scheme of things) have them engaged before the ship left! Ainsley has a sister named Cecelia, she is ...more
Kacy Rozier
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dana
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy-cowboys
I won a copy of this book from the author (yea!)

This was a really sweet love story with a very unique premise.

Ainsley unexpectedly ends up at a "The Bachelor" type competition at a Wyoming ranch. Along with a number of other ladies all vying for the attention of a reluctant cowboy.
description

Riley has come home to Crescent Ridge Ranch after a family tragedy to try and help pick up the pieces with his younger siblings. He has no idea idea that his family has been scheming behind his back to turn the ranch
Mary Gramlich
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHO WANTS TO MARRY A COWBOY by Abigail Sharpe

The right match is the one you least expect to make

Ainsley has been pushing toward having her own life against her family’s wishes for so long she is repeating herself daily for her family to back off. When she and her sister switch vacations to avoid another fix up, what a surprise comes for Ainsley when she finds herself on a working ranch with a too hot working rancher.

A working ranch was not her idea of a vacation especially when it was a contest
Crissy Hensley
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance readers
Recommended to Crissy Hensley by: Abigail Sharpe
Shelves: romance
This novel was really great! I read it in one sitting, and finished waaaay past my bedtime :) The story is lovely and romantic, and I like the dynamic between Ainsley and Riley. I also LOVE the side plot between Edward and Cecelia.

I read this book even before it was an ARC, and I'm glad that a lot of the troubling plot points got resolved before it was published. It's neat to hold a book that was once just a word document in my email. :)

There remain a couple of grammatical errors, an unclosed
Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland
An enjoyable read with likable characters in the primary four. Only, they tend to jump to conclusions and turn against each other. Also, the alternating POVs among Ainsley, Riley, Cecelia, and Edward made it hard to really get to know any of the characters (though the focus did tend to shift towards Ainsley and Riley). While the four were somewhat rounded with the narration showcasing their different sides, the side characters fell flat, especially the husband hunters, who were pretty ...more
Nancy Lee Badger
I do not know this author and the book was a gift: This story of two sisters drew me in and kept me reading past midnight. The plot developed into a dual romance and kept me smiling. I found myself thankful for the wonderful mother I had growing up, because Ainsley and Cecelia Fairfax have the most obnoxious, overpowering mother I have ever read about. Watching the sisters take momma’s wedding plans, for the level-headed Ainsley, is a riot, and I am so glad she escapes South Carolina and heads ...more
LaVerne Clark
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A big, solid 3.5 stars.

Debut book? I'd no idea. The author writes so well, with a clear easy-to-read style. All the characters are engaging with great sexual tension throughout and I found myself really enjoying the secondary romance of Ainsley's sister and Ex. The third with Ainsley's friend Meagan and Cookie was gorgeous. They put a smile on my face.

The only thing holding this book from a 4.5-5 star for me was the constant leap-to-conclusions attitude of the two main couples and their lack of
« previous 1 3 next »
Looking forward to this Book! 2 12 Nov 29, 2013 01:04PM

• Lady Whistledown Strikes Back (Lady Whistledown, #2)
  • Cinnamon Blade: Knife in Shining Armor
  • The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown (Lady Whistledown, #1)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3)
  • The Apartment
  • Life After
  • The Bachelor Contract (The Bachelors of Arizona, #3)
  • A Demon's Plaything: The Elite Guards
  • Claiming the Dragon King (The Elite Guards #2)
  • The War of the Worlds
  • Neuromancer (Sprawl, #1)
  • Nanny for the Millionaire's Twins
Abigail is a Boston-bred Yankee now eating grits and saying "y'all" in North Central Florida. Technical writer by day, she doesn't don a cape at night, but spends her time writing passionate and playful contemporary romance.

When she's not writing, she can be found wearing a corset and singing bawdy songs with Just Desserts, an a cappella musical comedy act, at places that won't throw them out. All

With This Ring (2 books)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Doctor?
“He continued holding her but slid her soft frame down his body until her lips were even with his. She wound her hands through his hair, her hot mouth tasting his as their breaths mingled. Much hotter breath blew on his cheek, followed by a knicker and a wet nose.” 0 likes
“They were going to do it against his truck under the clear night sky, and she wanted to feel every bit of him. Colors swirled in her mind in a pulsing pattern of red and blue and red and blue and red and… and… And then she heard the siren.” 0 likes