Start by marking “The Great Hope” as Want to Read:
The Great Hope

Ellen G. White

The Great Hope

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A revealing look at the battle between good and evil - and who wins.
Published 2012 by Pacific Press Publishing Assoc./Review and Hearld Publishing Assoc. (first published November 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Great Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Hope

George Odell
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Since The Great Controversy is a book that literally changed my life for good, this abridgment worried me. How could a mere 92 pages do justice to the monumental, 690 page work on the scope of Jesus' church from His time to the end of history? In short, the result turned out to be beautiful. The history of Christianity in this world has been cut, but the story is told of the origin of evil, it's significance and inherent delusions. Chief among these are the diabolical idea of an eternal hell for ...more
Naomi
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book! Eleven short chapters that tell the epic story of God's endless love for His children and His ultimate victory over the Devil and all evil!! This book satisfies my longing for true happy endings! Praise The Lord for this little book filled with heart changing truth! Amen!
Phillip Boardman
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it

A very fast read,
I feel the author is very good at explaining basic principles in explaining Christianity, but I do not agree about her thoughts on Sabbath day being on Saturday and misuse of Hebrews 3:19 on page 62, that among many in Chapter 8 specifically. I do agree that God did mean for us to have a day of rest though, and oddly enough I am a member of a Seventh Day Adventist church.
Forgiveness is another key area where I feel she ( Ellen White ) did not cover with a wide brush.

God will j
Moyomoyo
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is an adaptation to "The Great Controversy" (TGC) I've attempted to read TGC many times, it's not that I can't get into it. It's a lot to swallow. So I picked this up to warm myself up to it. It allowed me see the bigger picture and get a clearer understanding. Now I'm at ease to pick up TGC. TGC is a book that I want to read and fully acknowledge, and "The Great Hope" gives it great leverage for that goal.
Bruce Gumbert
Interesting take on a somewhat difficult subject.
Darlene Nichols
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great little book and a quick read about the battle between good and evil and who wins. I recommend it as a good read.
Joel
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you already know the winner, would you still be asking yourself which side to pick? . . .

. . . I don't know about you but I already picked.

Blessing and honor and glory and power be to him who sits on the throne, and to the lamb, forever and ever!

Amen
Terry
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an inspiring book by a great author who wrote disputing the last half of the nineteenth century. The editors have shortened it from the original version without removing the power. It is about the life of Jesus and the amazing gift of God to mankind.
Piero GT
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buen libro, lleno de muchos pasajes bíblicos así como muchas frases excitantes, logra una gran reflexión y deja un gran mensaje.
James Mokaya
Oct 09, 2016
Stephanie
Sep 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
In brief, Ellen Gould Harmon White was a woman of remarkable spiritual gifts who lived most of her life during the nineteenth century (1827-1915), yet through her writings she is still making a revolutionary impact on millions of people around the world. During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manusc ...more