Start by marking “You Are My Baby: Farm” as Want to Read:
You Are My Baby: Farm

You Are My Baby: Farm (You Are My Baby)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The artist behind Chronicle's bestselling In My finger puppet books and the Petit Collage line of children's décor has turned her talents to a brand new series of charming and inventive board books. Here readers will find a little book nestled inside a bigger one: Turn the pages to match the baby animals to their parents, and learn some early concepts along the way.
Board Book, 10 pages
Published January 29th 2013 by Chronicle Books (first published January 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about You Are My Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are My Baby

Holly Letson
Meet some cute animal babies, and learn your colors with this fun book.
ColleenaMareena
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super sweet board book, and fun for little kids to turn the pages. I REALLY love the minimalist artwork. It would be great if there were some babies that didn't look identical to the Mimas though, to make adoptive families feel more included--maybe a baby cow that is brown or a baby horse that is grey?
Kathryn Bergeron
Summary: Animal mommies around the farm claim their babies (the foal, etc...)

Good for family storytimes. Names animals. Talks about mommy's loving babies. Could be interactive with animal songs.
Asho
I checked this out from the library for my one-year-old daughter because I thought she'd like playing with it, but instead her three-year-old brother ended up absconding with it to his bedroom and she never had much of a chance to check it out after our initial reading. He was amused by it for longer than I thought he would be, though, so I guess the upshot is that this is good for preschoolers as well as babies and toddlers.
There's not really a story, per se. It's one of those books that is alm
Barbara
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
The collage illustrations in this unique board book will catch the eyes of young readers, and the book's unique design will appeal to them and their caregivers. Readers need to lift the top right-hand side of the book to tell one story and the smaller, left-hand side of the book to tell another one. Taken together, though, both elements of the book reveal the universal love of mother animals for their young. The babies include a piglet, a lamb, a chick, and a calf. This is an adorable book, whic ...more
Dianna
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This board book has two sets of pages: one for the mother animals and one for the babies. Such a cute idea, and the illustrations are perfect, with lots of different visual textures and soft colors. My one complaint is that it's really hard to hold both sections of the book open at once while also holding a squirmy baby in my lap.
Kelsey
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this book, parent animals identify their children by their unique physical characteristics. Children will appreciate the simple text and fun collage illustrations. The book could be used to teach children vocabulary associated with animals.
Liesl
Adorable book within a book to illustrate parent and baby animals.
Colby Sharp
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, board-book
This would make a great baby shower gift.
Wendy
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute series featuring a book-within-a-book. The illustrations have some textures which give them some depth. My daughter loves matching up the big animals with their babies.
Danielle Ezold
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
These books are adorable but the design is really a pain to hold with one hand while reading to a little one.
Erin Hendrian
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
Simple and sweet. Beatrice loves turning the pages of the mini book with the baby animals when I turn the big page with the mama animal.
Kallie
Molly
Sep 15, 2014
Shanshad Whelan
Mar 17, 2016
Lorena Siminovich grew up in Argentina. She has written and illustrated several children’s books, including Alex and Lulu: Two of a Kind, winner of an Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Award, and the first two titles in the Petit Collage series, I Like Bugs and I Like Fruit.
More about Lorena Siminovich

You Are My Baby (7 books)
  • You Are My Baby: Ocean