Start by marking “Poisonous” as Want to Read:
Poisonous

Poisonous

Following the Quake of ’79, a terrible force came to the city of St. Charles. This was the Living Poison.

In Lilac Chambers, it may have found the perfect host. As she finds herself changing, becoming increasingly dangerous to everyone around her, it becomes apparent that her state of being is no accident of nature. She is becoming a prime vehicle for the Living Poison’s d
Published August 1st 2012 by Rainstorm Press

To ask other readers questions about Poisonous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poisonous

Start your review of Poisonous
Jonathan Pongratz
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5

Five gritty, blood-stained stars for this book!

I had the pleasure of meeting the author at a local convention, so of course I had to buy a book and see what this story was all about. Man was I blown away!

Explaining the gist of this story is a little tough without spoilers, but I'll try. Poisonous is a story of set in the St. Charles area spanning several decades. Throughout the years, a vast number of murders have occurred in this area.

Local legend says that one person is to blame for all o
Amanda
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
nice little quick read
James Watts
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The idea for this story is awesome, and the character Lilac devious, yet conflicted. Considering her origins, it is not hard to see why. My only issues with the story were the pacing and POV hopping. While the author did a wonderful job, it felt rushed and there was no time to really understand the full nature of the pain and other issues weighing on the characters. Smith is a very talented writer, you can see his gift in his prose, but this book I believe would have benefited from about another ...more
Iseult Murphy
Great story

The story is dark, horrible, wonderful and interesting, filled with potentially great characters and scenes. Unfortunately it’s a doorstopper of a plot, like King or Koontz at their best, squeezed into a novella.

I enjoyed this story, but wish the author had spent more time fleshing out the characters and exploring the nuances of the plot.
Nicole
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
One fateful day in 1980, the town of St. Charles was forever changed. Harold Chambers awoke to find a man with a clown face opening him up and inserting an a horrid and wretched creature. Fast forward several years and Lilac Chambers is born. Her yellow eyes are the only outward sign that she is not human. But as mysterious deaths and unsolved murders begin to stack up wherever Lilac goes, the town begins to fear the worse. Detective Brandt McCullough and John Sutterfield make a vow to stop Lila ...more
Kitty Honeycutt
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book Title: "Poisonous”
Author: Tommy B. Smith
Published By: Rainstorm Press
Age Recommended: 16+
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

Review: I absolutely loved this book. It’s the perfect length for a quick read and one you cannot put down! I read it in one sitting and my only disappointment was… I wanted more! I hope Tommy decides to do a sequel. This book features great writing, edge of your seat drama and the kind of gothic horror you can really sink your teeth into. A huge adrenaline rush
Max III
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
POISONOUS is a very short, very fast read. It's full of suspense and horror. The characters, I thought, fell a bit flat at times, but picked up more toward the end. I thought the pacing, especially in the beginning, moved perhaps a bit too quickly, and could possibly turn some readers off. I urge them to continue. This reads like a novel significantly cut down--not for the better, either.

While still a suspenseful story--and an enjoyable story--I do believe it could have been improved by taking m
Kristen Rooney
Dec 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
I was provided this audiobook at no charge by the author, publisher and/or narrator in exchange for an unbiased review via AudiobookBlast dot com.

Unfortunately I couldn't get through this book. Not because of the story itself, but because of the narration. It sounded like the narrator was at the end of a tunnel. Maybe I'll get a hard copy of this book and read it myself. I hate to think I'm missing out on a good book simply because of a crappy narration.
Margaret
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I won the goodreads ARC... first reads. I'm so excited to get this book.
So i got it in the mail today! I couldn't put it down once i started it. This book was absolutely captivating from beginning to end. It has a great premise and although its only a little over 100 pages was surprisingly descriptive, plus the ending has a clever twist. In short i loved it.
Johnny Worthen
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fast paced horror, just the thing for an afternoon chill.

I think the book could have been improved by lengthening it. Characters are introduced and dispatched with hurried efficiency. A little more time to get to know everyone wouldn't have been misspent for my lingering tastes, but that's me. As is, the book's pace is effective and non-stop, a real page-turner.
Deedra
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
UGH!This book sounds like it was recorded in a can.It is VERY hard to listen to.Besides that,the story just didn't catch my attention,though Greg Brostrom has a nice voice.This audiobook was provided to me at no cost for a fair and honest review
Ana
Anne
Erika
Muhammad Irfan

• Encampment by the Gorge
  • Small Spaces (Small Spaces, #1)
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • Dead Voices (Small Spaces, #2)
  • My Little Kelpie (Fractured Fairy Tales #6)
  • Camp Carnage
  • Rabbit Hole: a gripping mystery thriller that will keep you guessing
  • Earthcore
  • The Van Helsing Paradox (The Clara Grey Adventures, #1)
  • The Odyssey of the Dragolitha: Essence Within
  • Mark of a Demon
  • Leech
  • The Girl in the Storm (Paradigm Trilogy, #2)
  • Nightmare Asylum & Other Deadly Delights
  • Sole Survivor
  • The Mostly Invisible Boy (Casey Grimes #1)
  • Blood and Rain
  • Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2)
Tommy B. Smith is a writer of dark fiction, award-winning author of The Mourner's Cradle, Poisonous, the short story collection Pieces of Chaos, and the new coming of age novel, Anybody Want to Play WAR? His presence currently infests Fort Smith, Arkansas, where he resides with his wife and cats.

More information can be found on his website at http://tommybsmith.net.