Start by marking “Prom Nights from Hell: Pesta Prom dari Neraka” as Want to Read:
Prom Nights from Hell: Pesta Prom dari Neraka

Prom Nights from Hell: Pesta Prom dari Neraka (Short Stories from Hell)

3.28  ·  Rating details ·  17,400 Ratings  ·  1,162 Reviews
Sepatu high-heels, gaun indah, korsase cantik, mahkota, itu semua sudah biasa dalam pesta prom. Tetapi, bagaimana kalau pasangan kencanmu ternyata Malaikat Pencabut Nyawa? Atau pemburu vampir? Atau setan bertanduk?

Dalam kumpulan kisah seru ini, para pengarang buku bestseller menyajikan cerita-cerita paranormal tentang bencana malam pesta prom. Salah kostum dan tak bisa ber
Published August 2012 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Prom Nights from Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prom Nights from Hell

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

What do you get when five great authors come together to create a paranormal prom anthology? In a word - greatness!

Meg Cabot starts off the collection with THE EXTERMINATOR'S DAUGHTER. When Mary shows up at Swig, an exclusive VIP club in Manhattan, it's not to socialize. No, she's on a mission to take out Sebastian Drake -- and by take out, I mean kill him with a crossbow. But when Adam, a fellow student at Saint Eligius, takes his own potshots at the dreaded
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
hacılar lisedeydim ve olgunlardan 5 liraya almış olmama rağmen okuduktan sonra çok üzülmüştüm.
tek hikaye etkilemişti beni; sevgilisini ölümden geri çağıran bi kız vardı.
anasayfada görmesem aklıma dahi gelmez.
Ana M. Román
Jan 25, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sólo hay una historia que merece la pena y otra que medio qué, pero ni por esas le subo la puntuación. Una pérdida de dinero.
Kübra Yağmur
Aug 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
@ilknur a.k.a iko eklemese böyle bir kitabı okuduğumu önümüzdeki yüzyıl boyunca hatırlamazdım herhalde. O biçim silmişim hafızamdan.
Aisyah  (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡
I bought this book on impulse years ago because it has stories written by some of my favorite authors (at that time). The book looked interesting enough, and I thought why not give it a try. (Ok I lied, it was because my 14-year old self was obsessed with Twilight and wanted to read more of Stephenie Meyer's work).

Here's my review of a book that contains five short stories by famous and up-and-coming authors when Stephenie Meyer rules the bestseller list.

*drum rolls*

The Exterminator's Daughter
Selma
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nisam oduševljena, jedino mi se svidjela priča Korsaž / Loren Mirakl, jeziva priča zbog koje sam osluškivala šuška li šta u mraku oko mene. Ostale su bile dosadne i nezanimljive, rekla bih nabacane bez reda i bez smisla. Od mene ocjena tri samo zbog jedne priče.
Sandy
Feb 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
This book is five prom stories by five authors.

The Exterminator's Daughter by Meg Cabot ***
This story is about a girl who is hunting and trying to kill the vampire that turned her mother. The chapters alternate back and forth in the point of view of Mary and Adam.
I liked this story right away because it has a character named Sebastian. (My son's name.) But, I quickly became frusterated with the amount of times Meg used the word 'well'.
~I'm reading along and, well, there's another one. I get b
Lynchan

What.The.Hell.

description

Honestly, the only decent story in this book for me was the Exterminator's Daughter, the first one you'll be going to read- if you're interested in reading this title anyway. But I'm warning yah, you might as well prepare yourself for some silly and pathetic female protagonists. Ugh-gen. (I can't even stand calling them heroines!)
Well, the Exterminator's Daughter was written by Meg Cabot (I like her, she's funny and brilliant. The only reason why I decided to read this book)
Anyway,
Mina Soare
Mar 22, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology, romance
What happens when fairly good YA authors try to write a collection of short stories together?
100% chance of Bad books. The cover is a big plus though, that rose is gorgeous.

And I'm just so happy when I manage to find them... it gets my hopes up. There are reasons books are hard to find

"Hell on earth" - No characterization at all: What we know Sheba->demon Gabe & Christen-sen(I'll give you this-it's indirect-still genes), half-angel ->the conclusion? Genes drew them together, you know?
Angela
Disappointing stories with no endings

PROM NIGHTS FROM HELL is an anthology composed of five paranormal romances from five young adult authors: Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stephenie Meyer, and Lauren Myracle. I picked this up after reading the sister anthology, Love Is Hell, which I enjoyed a great deal. Unfortunately, as a short story collection about paranormal romance and the prom, this compilation fell short.

Of the stories, only one contained a complete story arc from beginning t
Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩
i really luv this book! all the stories are really great... some are funny, others will scare you to death. it's terrifyingly awesome!!!
Francisca
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I
Serena ☼
Nov 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Se un extraterrestre avesse avuto mal di stomaco, questo libro sarebbe il risultato di una serata passata in bagno: una cagata spaziale. ♥
Ezgi Su
Sonunda okuyabildim şu kitabı!
Sırasıyla;
Madison Avery ve Kara Melek - Kim Harrison | HA-Rİ-KAY-DI! Bu hikayeden harika bir melek-insan serisi çıkar. Ama çok kısaydı ve çok pis bir yerde bitti. Yazarı buradan kınıyorum :'(

Yok Edicinin Kızı - Meg Cabot | Pek tatmin edici bir uzunlukta değildi, diğerleri gibi çok kısa sürdü. Ama sanırım yanılmıyorsam aynı hikayenin bir serisi var. Şimdi ona da bir göz atacağım. Genel olarak konuyu beğendim çünkü.

Diğer üç hikayeyi çok fazla beğenemedim. Belki Stephe
Oda Renate
Rereading this for the first time since I first read it back in 2008(oh my god time..it has a way of.. flying) I cant remember reading the last four stories simply the first two, maybe the second stories scared me too much?
I read four out of five stories this time, wasent interested in the last one.
I think I liked Michele jaffes most.
Esra Nazenin
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
Lvna
Mar 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Una pérdida de tiempo. No entiendo con qué finalidad se sacó esto al mercado si no fue para hacer dinero después del “boom paranormal” que levantó Crepúsculo. No hay ni una historia que haga que merezca la pena leerlo, mucho menos comprarlo:

#1 La hija de la exterminadora - Meg Cabot⭐

No me ha gustado absolutamente nada, ni siquiera la forma de escribir de la autora. La historia no tiene por dónde cogerse, el amorío y las conversaciones de las que se vale para crear ambiente y darle un contexto p
Ana Palitroche
¡Y vaya que estoy en el infierno! Es que hace mucho calor para pensar e intentar recordar. Honestamente, no recuerdo cuál de los cinco relatos es el mejor. Es más, cuando leo los títulos no puedo recordar muy bien qué sucedió en cada uno de ellos y eso, mis queridos imaginaturianos, es algo malo. ¿Para mi memoria o para el libro? Eso no lo sé, pero si no han quedado registrados en mi memoria es por algo… y no es precisamente porque me hayan encantado.

Eso sí, los que más recuerdo son “El ramille
Elizabeth Wallace
The Exterminator's Daughter: Whoa, can you say unsuspenseful?! Meg Cabot, if you can't write a story with an actual problem, just don't write in a book called Prom Nights from Hell! And the plot was so recycled. Girl has a problem, girl is a tough girl, guy gets involved, nothing seems like it will work out, voila it does. Sooo expected. And at the end, they're all like "oh, Dracula, no big deal now I'm in love!". And I thought other Meg books were bad! (no offense to Avalon High)

The Corsage: Ah
Jennica
May 06, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Jennica Munden
Short Stories
Critical analysis: It is an irrational collection of tales that will draw you in if you are interested in the kinds of literature produced by these authors, or if you are already a fan of these authors. However, if you have no interest in strange tales about youths trying to be normal prom dates while having to cope with insanity worthy issues concerning the undead and damned, skip this one.

Opinions: I could not get into it. Perhaps it is the genre of the authors, thei
Jen
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Prom Nights from Hell" (yet another of my book bazaar finds) had five short stories from five different authors. I'm often hesitant to buy a collection like this because it tends to 1) end too abruptly, leaving you wondering what the heck will happen next or 2) is a novella connected to an on-going series by the author. Still, I went ahead and bought the book, anchoring my hopes on the names of Meg Cabot and Stephenie Meyer.

Of the five shorts, my favorite was Michelle Jaffe's "Kiss and Tell". N
Julie Rimpula
The Exterminator's Daughter was cool but I was kinda begging hoping for more.

The Corsage freaked the hell out of me, especially that I was reading it at night. I was totally creeped out by the part wherein fresh-from-the-grave Will was trying to enter Frankie's house.

Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper was kinda okay, but it was the one I liked the least.

Kiss and Tell was also cool. I totally loved Miranda being some kind of a teen Wonder Woman. Not only was she a kick-ass babe but also a smart one
Tracy
I bought this book because it had a short story by Stephenie Meyer. However, her story was my least favorite of the five authors featured. The story I enjoyed most was Michele Jaffe's 'Kiss and Tell'. Not only was the story interesting, but it had a nice touch of comedy.

"Are you wearing space pants?" Miranda asked him.
"What?"
How did it end? Oh, right. She said, "Because you butt is fine."
He gazed at her in that way he had like he was measuring her for a straitjacket. "I think---" he started, the
Princess Godoy
First of all, let me say that I hate prom!! so it may affect my liking for this book (just a little bit.)

I bought this book at a sale and I immediately bought it because of the 'big' authors that I love/like. However, I should've expected that since this book is different from what they usually write. I will be serve a different dish that I didn't want to be serve.

What I like about short stories is you can see a glimpse of what the author's usual plot like in Meg Cabot's story, there's always an
Pamlin
Jan 19, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-books
I really wish that I could say that this was enjoyable, but all of the authors wrote what amounted to a proposal chapter for sending to an agent, and left it open as if it was to get you to read their next book. These were not all inclusive stories, and I haven't seen any of them being turned into books, so all the loose ends were just that: loose.

Don't set up a story and leave questions after it is finished. These are novellas or short stories, not proposals for your publisher.

K.C.
Oct 20, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Stephenie Meyer story was too short for any character development, which she is really good at as an author.
Carito.Tea
Jun 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Este es uno de los libros más tediosos, superficiales y ridículos que he tenido la desgracia de leer (también es mi culpa por someterme al martirio hasta el final). Estereotipos perpetuándose, criaturas mágicas tan interesantes como la composición de una caja de cereal, adolescentes con la madurez de un adulto de sesenta años o de un crío de seis... en fin, esas cosas que hacen tristemente célebre al género de "literatura fantástica juvenil".
Brittney
Oct 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the worst books/bind up I have ever read. The only good thing was that it was a quick read. All of the stories were weird, horribly written, and some did not make sense at times.

Ratings:
The Exterminator's Daughter: 1 star
The Corsage: 1.5
Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper: 1 star
Kiss and Tell: 1 star
Hell on Earth: 1.5
Almina
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Çeviriden mi kaynaklanıyor anlamadım ama hikayeler biraz anlaşılmazdı. Hikayeyi okuyup bitirdikten sonra üzerinde anlamak için kafa yorduğunda anlayabiliyorsun. Hiç sevmedim, diyemeyeceğim çünkü devamı olsa da okusam, dediğim hikayeler de vardı. O merak hoşuma gitti. İki puanı çeviriden kırıyorum o yüzden.
  • Vacations from Hell
  • Love Is Hell
  • Kisses from Hell
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Holidays Are Hell (Short Stories from Hell)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Teeth: Vampire Tales
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Weddings from Hell
  • Night's Edge
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural
  • Magic in the Mirrorstone
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to Goo ...more
More about Stephenie Meyer

Short Stories from Hell (7 books)
  • Dates from Hell
  • Holidays Are Hell (Short Stories from Hell)
  • Weddings from Hell
  • Love Is Hell
  • Vacations from Hell
  • Kisses from Hell

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Thinking, not for the first time, that life should come with a trapdoor. Just a little exit hatch you could disappear through when you´d utterly and completely mortified yourself. Or when you had spontaneous zit eruptions.

“Good book?” he asked, taking it from her and reading the subtitle, “A Guide for Good Girls Who (Sometimes) Want to Be Bad,” out loud.

But life did not come with a trapdoor. ”
34 likes
“You talk more when you're nervous," he said, still standing close to her.
"No i don't. That's absurd. I'm just trying to explain to you-"
"Do i make you nervous?"
"No. I'm not nervous."
"You're trembling."
"I'm cold. I'm wearing practically zero clothes."
His glance went to her lips, then back to her eyes. "I noticed.”
13 likes