Start by marking “Dial a Ghost: Agen Hantu” as Want to Read:
Dial a Ghost: Agen Hantu

Dial a Ghost: Agen Hantu

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  3,040 Ratings  ·  154 Reviews
Agen hantu Dial A Ghost mencarikan rumah-rumah yang cocok bagi para hantu. Segala macam hantu, dari hantu pengantin perempuan bebercak darah, hantu tanpa kepala, sampai setan kuburan. Fulton Snodde-Brittle yang jahat dan serakah berniat memiliki Helton Hall, rumah besar keluarga Snodde Brittle yang kini diwarisi keponakannya, Oliver. Fulton datang ke Dial A Ghost, memesan ...more
Published January 2003 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published August 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Dial a Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dial a Ghost

Beth Bonini
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was reading an interview with Eva Ibbotson in which she explained why she liked to write about ghosts and other gruesome or magical creatures. Because she herself was scared by the idea of the supernatural, she wanted to demystify those fears for children. Thus, in her novels, ghosts may be bad -- but only in the bad or unkind way that humans are. (Rest assured there is no TRUE evil, but just lots of greed and selfishness.)

The idea behind this novel is that there is an agency which employs gh
Rebecca McNutt
Dial-a-Ghost is a paranormal novel, but there's a lot more to it than that. Comedy, friendship and adventure are just a few of its many creative themes, and the author's characters are absolutely incredible.
Qt
Oct 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very fun and delightful, full of humor and good-natured ghostly goings-on! Parts are a bit ghoulish but everything is handled so cheerfully that I wasn't grossed out :-) I loved how everything seemed to be so neatly tied together, with no loose ends. A charming book! I'd probably go with 4 1/2 stars, just because there were no characters that *really* stuck out for me--but I don't think that was a fault of the book, just that I didn't find a new favorite character here. However, I may have found ...more
Deb
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, youth
I'm one of those adults who believe that one is never too old to pick up a children's book and enjoy a good story, an imaginative tale or an old favorite. Dial-A-Ghost was cute, witty and entertaining. There was just enough grossness to keep a young person interested without giving them nightmares. I came away wishing I had the delightful ghost family, the Wilkinsons, hanging out in my home.

"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairytales and I like them best of all." -- Audrey Hepburn
Maggie Mallory
Jul 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a little bit childish, but, other than that, it was amazing! I loved it! It is such a touching and sweet story! Very descriptive, and really humorous dialogue and writing throughout! I would recommend this to anyone!
Mo
2.5 stars read as an adult

I didn’t really care for this one. I thought it came down too heavily on the gruesome and disgusting side, and was frequently dismayed by the images the story invoked. Maybe that’s what kids like, but I was hoping for something a little more charming and a lot less repulsive.

description

And I never understood what the whole thing with Trixie was supposed to be all about. Why was it even a part of the story?
Opat
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
penuh harap bakal suka dan seru. Suka sih, tapi ya biasa aja, nggak seru-seru amat. Untuk buku yang macam ditujukan untuk anak kecil (bener kan, ya?), cerita ini gimana gitu soalnya ada beberapa cerita si anak mau membunuh orang (hantu?) lain. Duh kok amarah diajarkan begitu frontal, ya?
Treasure
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Treasure by: Nancy Pew
Shelves: children-s-books
What a cute, silly, scary story! Perfect for elementary to middle schoolers, particularly boys and anyone who enjoys the darker, snider side of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Mortisha Cassavetes
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
An imaginative story about a little boy who needed a family and a family of ghosts that needed a home. This book is filled with turmoil, cloud-like hugs, scary spirits and opening your hearts up to everyone. I would recommend this book to everyone and who knows what will happen if you leave a banana out on the sundial.
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and engaging, Dial-A-Ghost is also heartwarming and touching with just the right amount of villiany. There is some gore, which you'd expect in a ghost book, that may affect young readers. While it's a "children's" book, I couldn't put it down and can't wait to devour more of Eva Ibbotson's books!
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review 4 5 Aug 21, 2017 09:59PM
What's The Name o...: Young Adult Chapter Book W/pictures About Ghosts [s] 5 47 Dec 06, 2011 12:11PM
  • L'incredibile storia di Lavinia
  • I Was a Rat!
  • Clair de Lune
  • Ghostsitters (Araminta Spookie, #5)
  • The Birthday Room
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!
  • The Witch Family
  • Asal Usul Keluarga Flood
  • The Cat Who Wished to Be a Man
  • Ghost Cadet
  • There's a Dead Person Following My Sister Around
  • Blueprint: Blaupause
  • Per questo mi chiamo Giovanni
  • Minoes
  • The Dark Secret of Weatherend (Anthony Monday Mysteries, #2)
  • Madicken dan Lisabet
  • Four Stupid Cupids (The Hamlet Chronicles, #4)
Eva Ibbotson (born Maria Charlotte Michelle Wiesner) was a British novelist specializing in romance and children's fantasy.

Eva Ibbotson was born in Vienna, Austria, in 1925. When Hitler came into power, Ibbotson's family moved to England. She attended Bedford College, graduating in 1945; Cambridge University from 1946-47; and the University of Durham, from which she graduated with a diploma in edu
More about Eva Ibbotson...