Start by marking “Tal: A Conversation With an Alien” as Want to Read:
Tal: A Conversation With an Alien

Tal: A Conversation With an Alien

From the Publisher: The author of this book, who chooses to remain anonymous even to us, submitted this draft and we chose to publish it. The author writes of an encounter they had with a being called 'Tal' who looked human but claimed to be an alien. The author believes that this person was in fact an alien due to the content of their conversation and the events that lead ...more
Published July 16th 2012 by Mworlds Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tal

Start your review of Tal: A Conversation With an Alien
Dan Wahlquist
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great book challenges your perception of the world and this certainly qualifies. I consider this to be the long awaited sequel to Flatland. Claiming to be an actual conversation with an alien definitely limits the audience. I could not convince my daughter to read it (yet) even though she is quite interested in, and eager to discuss, quantum mechanics, multiple dimensions, and theories of time travel. Perhaps it is just a device used by the author to jar us a little bit to open our minds so ...more
Schelmy
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cross Posted From Amazon:

"Now I am curious about things I didn't think to be curious about before. It makes me smile knowing that Looney Tunes sparked my interest in classical music (was my first exposure really) and this book, along with the Big Bang Theory on TBS, introduced me to physics and sparked my curiosity into exploring further...inside and out. :-D:-D:-D. Thank you. :-)"

I had to read this slow. (most of my stuff I gobble up in a night lololol) But this I would read bits each night
Truitti
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Highly thought provoking book. I enjoyed it so much. Highly philosophical. Gave me a brief insight into the possible dimensions that we don't tend to perceive in this bodily form. However, I think I will pass on drinking cherry juice.
John Patterson
May 10, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a first-reads giveaway.

This is the longest review I have written to date so I put a TLDR statement at the end.

Tal is a (view spoiler) conversation with an alien. The stated purpose of the book was that Tal's arguments would somehow give us a clearer understanding of the nature of the universe. It does no such thing.

He begins by arguing that although the scientific method has led to
Mark Balson
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: If you are curious about Quantum mechanics, psychology,
Recommended to Mark by: No one
I first submitted a mildly negative review for this book. My problem was the book I read was rather poorly written on a technical basis. It had misspellings, problems with syntax and some rather tortured language. I found that I had gotten a very early copy and one that slipped through without a rigorous edit. I have since gotten a newer copy and there is enough difference to warrant a revised review. Hence my revised review follows:

This is one of my favorite authors. I have read many things by
Marilyn
If you don't have a math and/or science background, this book is not for you. I do not and thus am bogged down in scientific notions that I don't know are true or not. I do know that part of the enjoyment from this book must be to argue with the author whether they are possible or probable. I cannot do this.

Having said that, I must say I enjoyed the writer's style of story-telling. I hope he writes more books, but ones that I can intellectually understand. I will continue to read this book
Sahil
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books that I have ever read. It presents complex scientific and philosophical ideas in a way which can be easily understood. The overall premise of the book is brilliant, I absolutely loved the book! It has plenty of thought-provoking discussions, which makes this a very interesting read.
John Behnken
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: philosophy
This was an interesting bit of philosophy which I particularly enjoyed.
Kind of a cross between Mindwalk and What the Bleep - with a liberal dose of Einstein thrown in.
I'm not convinced it's an actual account of an Alien visitation - but it's certainly worth the read.
Recommended.
Heather
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: give-a-way-win
An intresting read. Highly philosophical and heavy on the math and scientific fact. So a fair warning to those who like science fiction but not so much on science fact. Worth a re-read since much of it is a bit heavy.
Kimberly Hortman
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
What an interesting read:) It had a nice inscription from the author since it was a first-reads giveaway! I like the possibility that there is something out there and this book made it seem like a reality.
Patrick M
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and thought provoking, Fiction that teaches

Although the story is fiction the examples and questions asked are excellent examples of though provoking logic tied to excellent examples to make a point of explain a concept. One of the most enjoyable recent reads I have had. Packed with so many details and information that a second read is definitely warranted. Entertainment with education a combination that cannot be beat.
Steve
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Don't get hung up on the alien aspect. You'll miss the point.
This book is superb in insight and information for those seeking to better understand their world. Science and philosophy presented with skill and humor.
I found myself chuckling while reading about quantum physics. Imagine that.
Why the 4 rating? Cause some concepts were had to grasp and/over my head. I'll re-read this book so to hopefully better understand.
Alina
Jan 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Uh... nope,
If it opens an interest in people who haven't really delved into this type of science then GREAT! Hence forth, worthy of one star. For others who already know even the most basic of all things quantum you'll lose interest and time but may stick it out because, dammit you're not a quitter! Half assed attempt, any and whatever attempts were intended, over all IMO

AUTHOR MESSAGED ME DUE TO MY ONE STAR REVIEW

Hello Alina,

I am writing you because I noticed that you read the book and posted
Niffer
Jun 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. One of the things I enjoy about entering the giveaways is that I often enter things I'm wouldn't normally pick up at the library or a bookstore. Sometimes I find a real gem. Sometimes I do not.

After reading this book I am left wondering why the author bothered. I feel as though he was trying to make a point or to encourage the reader to reach a conclusion based on the conversations of the two characters in the book. Maybe I'm just dense
Read Ng
This was a GoodReads giveaway.

From the title I expected a story similar to K-Pak. In some respects it was, but it turned into a discussion of our expectations of current scientific theory. It is thought provoking. Many of the concepts you have seen in various sci-fi themed stories. It all takes place in a brief evening conversation. It reads just as fast. I recommend this story. It brings out the nerd in me. I will be re-reading this tale after a break, to get the most benefit from it.
Duskwatcher2153
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
The pretense about a conversation with an alien seems unnecessary, but it is hard to interest the populace in a philosophical treatise! Touches on many modern physic concepts and popular experiments and attempts to place them in a meaningful framework.

Very thought provoking. But be warned, dense! Unless you keep somewhat abreast of current science, a lot of this will be lost. Worth the time if you love ideas.
Angel
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a first-reads giveaway.

First, let me say it was a very interesting read. Personally, the only way I could really get into the book and finish it was to look at it as a fictional conversation with an alien and to not take it so seriously. If you do take this book seriously there are a lot of holes and questionable arguments that the author presents the reader.
Enid
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
First off, if you are not into science or math or consider yourself of slightly above average intelligence, this book is not for you. With that said, it is very thought provoking and an entertaining read.
Maggie
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting perspective. Not one I would agree with and overall a bit of a dry read. Let's just say it did not convince me and leave it at that. Don't want any controversial arguments here.

*Won From Goodreads Giveaway*
Lekha gunasekar
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thought provoking book that interlaces science and philosophy beautifully!
Irene
Jan 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Don't waste your time, a terrible book.
David Donaghe
Oct 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Tal Conversation with an Alien was an entertaining read that delved into the mysteries of the universe.
BetseaK
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining and humorous philosophical SF story. :)
David Kay
May 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Pleiades and Our Secret Destiny
  • Inside Out
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook #2019: 100 Quick and Flavorful Mediterranean Recipes That are Cooked in 30 Minutes for Weight Loss
  • 36 To Die For Bacon Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner And Dessert
  • Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Summer Frost
  • Lives Of The Soul
  • Ancient Aliens of Atlantis
  • How to Know Higher Worlds: A Modern Path of Initiation (Classics in Anthroposophy)
  • Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs