Start by marking “Night's Awakening (Dark Kings, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Night's Awakening (Dark Kings, #0.2)

Night's Awakening

(Dark Kings 0.2)

Fueled by dragon magic, the dark immortal warriors were never meant to feel human desire, much less fall in love. But when Guy, a member of an ancient order of shape-shifting warriors, meets Elena Griffin—a mere mortal whose beauty and blind ambition shakes him to his core—all bets are off…

Having left America to explore the Scottish Highlands, Elena suddenly fi
Published August 28th 2012 by St. Martin's

To ask other readers questions about Night's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Awakening

Linda
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Guy the red dragon kings turn to fall in love with American Elena Griffen and the plot line continues to develop,some one is prying into the dragon kings secrets and lives are being lost, guy and Elena will play a netgalley part in solving this mystery!
Sandy S
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
NIGHT’S AWAKENING (Dark Kings #2) by Donna Grant (3.5 stars)

NIGHT’S AWAKENING is the second storyline (August 2012 release) in Donna Grant’s Dark Kings novella series. It has been five months since Dragon King Haldor found his human mate Cassie, and the Dragon King’s of Dreagon ( in the Scottish Highlands) believe that their magic is still intact. But when they discover two trespassers in the caves of Dreagon, Guy is immediately taken with Elena Griffin.

When Elena’s boss (from PureG
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Elena Griffin and her friend, Sloan trespass on private property to go caving. As it is her first time doing this, Elena shows a lot of anxiety and stumbles her way through this adventure. It seems that her friend Sloan is overly excited about this trip because she pushes Elena almost to the point of exhaustion. It is only when they are deep within the
Jen
This is another novella that is setting up the Dark King's series for future books. I found this second installment to have more of a storyline to it, and because of that my interest was engaged fully.

In this story we have Guy (one of the Dragon Kings) come across an injured woman in the Dragon's cave. Elena has not only been injured; but watched a fellow co-worker fall to her death...Needless to say she is very traumatized when she is found by Guy and his other friends. The men "res
Tracie R
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Someone knows they exist. The Dragon Kings have been careful to keep their secrets, but someone is hunting them. Elena is strong and independent and Guy is a Dragon King, together they will forge a connection rare among the Dragon Kings but will it be enough.
Susan (susayq ~)
Soooo, I'm listening to this and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hate that I waited so long to come back to this series.
Amanda
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book better then the first. I felt like the first book set us up but this one really took us into the story with the Kings.

The circumstances that brought Guy and Elena together were tragic to say the least. Elena has gone caving with her brand new boss, as she had only been in Great Britain a short while she felt obligated to go. She didn’t realize that this one caving trip would change her life forever. After the tragic accident Elena is wounded and scared, when the Kings find h
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Elena is trying to please her new employer. She is making an enormous effort is being an accommodating new employee. Elena knows she does not possess the athleticism that caving requires. She lets Sloane talk her into this little caving expedition anyhow. When Elena finds herself lost and alone in a cave that her new boss has drug her into her only thoughts are of getting out of the cave alive.

The dragons that inhabit the Dreagan property know they heard something from the caves. They know they
Wealie
A solid 3 🌟🌟🌟 novella in the Dark Kings series This is the second in a trilogy of prequels to the main series.

The plot of this novella was more engaging than the previous novella Dark Craving. Elena and Guy make a nice couple and Donna Grant does a good job of writing a convincing love story in a short space of time, which is quite a feat.

The novella contains further exposition which sets up the final novella Dawn's Desire in the prequel trilogy and for the main series. The story also contains the recurring
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
Night's Awakening is the second short novella in Donna Grant's Night's Awakening. While I like the idea behind this series the development of the characters and romance is lacking. They meet, they are instantly connected, they have sex and decide they are in love. Granted these are fairly short books at about 100 pages but I would still like to see the romance develop and learn a bit more about the characters. I liked Guy and Elena or at least what little we learned about them in this book but I ...more
mizlanah
3 stars

Guy (Dragon King of Reds) + Elena (human)

Was that a cliffhanger or something because I have a plenty of unanswered questions here regarding of situations happened the book. I hope I will get my answers in the next anthology or in Book 1.

Another thing I'm hoping from the author is please let these couples have their own children. I feel sad when I learnt "the babe won't lasted for term".

I'm beginning to like this series. This emotion I'm having may be biased be
Rachel
"And there is much you don't know about me. I have awful habits, Guy, like switching radio stations constantly until I find a song I like. I can't stand commercials."
- Elena. Saying stupid shit since 2012.

What's up with these women being automatically okay with the men being dragons? I'm waiting for someone to faint or vomit.
Candy Varty
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my, A dragon named Guy. just my luck, Sexy, erotic ..Oh My Guy
Ayesha
May 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
The dark kings series is not what I'd call an extremely well written series. It's interesting and engrossing as a whole, but individually, the books will not give readers any satisfaction.

The plot lines and romance of the protagonists in each book are rather insipid and tedious. It's the overarching story of the dragon kings that will catch your interest. Even here, the relationships of the dragon kings to each other is not explored properly and seems to be treated very flippantly an
Adriana
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read, Night's Awakening continues the story of how things are changing around the dragon kings. When the silver dragon king, Ulrick was betrayed by his human mate, a war between humans and dragons started. When all was said and done, Con, the king of the dragon kings, decided that the best way to protect his kind was to keep all kings from having feelings. Their emotions were bound and since then, no king had fallen for another human woman. Until Hal and Cassie. But that wasn't the only ...more
Torhie Y
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely awesome series

I love every aspect of these stories, the romance the thrill the drama the mythology, absolutely EVERYTHING beautifully written and described, I love that it's set in Scotland as I'm a decendent of the Highlander Cameron Clan, brings back memories of stories my father told me about the magnificent landscape and culture, utter respect to Donna Grant for this beautifully written piece of art, cant wait to continue reading the rest if the series.
Shayay
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoy this series! Loved how this one started with the cave exploring aspect. Elena and Guy are sweet together and some good passion. I’m always on board for the whole mates thing! Love that connection. This was a fun, short read. I love the world this series takes place in and the dragon shifters. Looking forward to reading the next!
Ashley
Elena is exploring a cave on Dreagan land with her new boss and things quickly go wrong. Guy finds her and instantly knows she is the one for him. I enjoyed Elena and Guys story. It was quick, sweet, and steamy.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Guy finds there is more to the world than that of the Dragon Kings. He finds that he can love and the love that will make him whole again. Elena finds that she has been drawn in to a world she knows nothing about. The intrigue shall now begin.
Lindy Studt
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It ended too soon!

Elena gets a job that takes her to London. Her boss wants her to go caving. She is terrified when her boss goes ahead and she can't hear her any more. Guy finds her and saved her from being lost.
TinaMarie
Karen Machamer
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donna-grant
Awesome

Another awesome book in this series. I have found a new favorite author. I recommend Donna Grant's book to my friends and family.
Hillary
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Things moved unrealistically quickly in this book, but since it's a novella, that was expected. This story was definitely more engaging than the previous one.
Teresa
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
A good easy read. I enjoyed this story, just not as much as Hal and Cassie's. A quick read, but I love these types of books. I look forward to reading more in this series!!
Verce Hristovska
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
nice a sommething new
Shawna
3.5 stars - Paranormal Romance Novella

Major insta-lust/insta-love, but it worked for me. Excited for more sexy dragons with this series!
Dottie
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second book in author Donna Grant's addictive DARK KINGS series! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

Elena Griffin has worked her way up the ladder for the past eight years, hoping to win a promotion to the London office to begin with. Having a desire to see the world, she figures her work with gems will allow her to work all over the world, one country at a time. Finally getting her desired promotion to London just a month ago, she has only been on the job for two weeks.
Lisa
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
You can find more reviews Mademoisellesnow Blog
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

It’s been five months since Hal and Cassie were bound to one another. Guy thought for sure that what happened with Hal was a fluke and the dragon magic was still in place for the rest of the kings, keeping them from ever loving a human. That is until they come upon an injured female, Elena, in their caves and he is overcome with lust and so much more, including an overwhelming need to protect her.

Elena moved/>*Beware
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Suddenly Beautiful
  • Claws & Effect (Midnight Liaisons, #3.6)
  • Cat Snips
  • West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, #2)
  • What He Craves (My Alpha Billionaire, #3)
  • Shadow Play (Shadow Touch, #2)
  • Seduced by the Angel (Divine Fornication, #1)
  • Redwood Pack, Vol. 1 (Redwood Pack, #1-2)
  • Dead Sexy Dragon (Dragon Heat, #1)
  • Wickedly Charming (Fates #7)
  • Dragon's Fate (Guardians #2)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • The Pack (The Pack, #1)
  • Undenied (The Amoveo Legend, #2.5)
  • Venice Vampyr: The First 2 Novellas (Venice Vampyr, #1-2)
  • Seducing Sarah (The Madame X School of Sex, #1)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal

Dark Kings (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Fire Rising (Dark Kings, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Passion Ignites (Dark Kings, #7)
  • Smoldering Hunger (Dark Kings, #8)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Firestorm (Dark Kings, #10)
“Guy's only thought was to help her. It wasn't until he'd shoved aside the curtain and held her very wet, very naked body against him that he realized what he'd done.
Her sage green eyes were wide as she stared at him. For long moments, they simply looked at each other.
"I heard you cry out."
"My... my ankle," she said after clearing her throat. "I put too much pressure on it."
"A bath would have been better." He was valiantly trying to keep his gaze on her face, but it was difficult with her pert breasts against him and her bare ass beneath his hand as he held her up.
"Probably," she whispered.”
0 likes
“Don't stop," she pleaded with swollen lips. "Please, Guy, don't stop."
The same hunger that ran through him had taken her as well. What kind of man would he be to leave her with such need?”
0 likes