Start by marking “Archie's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Archie's Daughter

Archie's Daughter

Archie’s Daughter is a mainstream fiction novel about families and mental illness. It is the uncertain story of Sally, her marriage to Johnny, and her father, Archie, who hid the truth of her mother’s death from her. Eventually she decides to find out what really happened to her mother, aided by Johnny and her two brothers. This is Sally’s story, searching to understand he ...more
ebook
Published August 5th 2012 by Really Blue Books (first published August 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Archie's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archie's Daughter

Start your review of Archie's Daughter
Rocky
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once I began reading 'Archie's Daughter' I couldn't put it down, or rather couldn't close my laptop. The protagonist, Sally, is a young woman haunted by the secrets of her past. Set in England in the 60s and 70s, the novel takes us on Sally's personal journey, all the while gently unfurling the mystery of what happened to her mother.

This is a novel about mental illness, families, love, loss, grief and identity. Are we destined to become like our parents? Does childhood shape who we will become?
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant new women's literature by debut author, Jane Seaford. Intriguing, moving and empathetic, a truly masterful first work and hopefully the first of many. Well worth the read.

Review quote:
“I’ve just finished reading Archie’s daughter. Great climax and ending, tears involved! The characters and story were very real.”
– Gail Ingram, President of SIWA
Jo
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-read
After partly hearing this authors short story 'lame excuse' read on the radio I was keen to listen to it again. My Internet search yielded this book instead. It is a great read, sensitively told without being too sentimental. And a very very realistic portrayal of familial mental illness and the inter generational and fraternal repercussions. At times there is repetition, but perhaps that is a literary device mimicking memory, which afteall is a big theme. I only buy a couple of books a year, so ...more
Gail Ingram