Start by marking “After Goliath: A Spider Latham Mystery” as Want to Read:
After Goliath: A Spider Latham Mystery

After Goliath: A Spider Latham Mystery

(Spider Latham Mystery #2)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Published June 2003 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about After Goliath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Goliath

Carol
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the second Spider Latham book and I enjoyed it as much as the first. I truly like the characters and all the problems they have are real life and they get dealt with in a reasonable and matter of fact way. Spider has been the deputy sheriff for 6 month now and he has another dead body. All evidence points to one person and then he confesses but Spider just doesn't believe him and sets off the find the truth.
Susan
Dec 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Second in the Spider Latham Mysteries and I enjoyed it as much as the first. No "romance" just good mystery played country style. Rocky Road, country singer, is dead and Spider, as deputy sheriff, has to investigate. The biggest suspect is Rocky's brother who happens to be an old team mate on Spider's high school championship basketball team.
Susan
Mar 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
Although Liz Adair's Spider Latham mysteries will probably never be classics, they are a fun read. This is the second one in the trio. They are about a small-town deputy sheriff in Nevada. In each, Spider has a murder to solve. I like the way small-town life and L.D.S. family life are portrayed. The characters seem real because of their flaws.
Amy
Jul 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
A little to churchy and some weird conversations that I skipped over. The author spent too much time covering the escape from prison, (BORING). Just get on with it! But all in all I am not the worse for reading it.
Sabrina
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was ok
This book was okay, and it was definitely a good mormon book very clean. It just did not move very fast for me.
Tina Scott
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this cozy mystery.
Ann
Oct 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Fluffy read, I figured out the mystery too quick for the rest of the book to really interest me. I did enjoy some of the church related humor like the kitchen list.
Ellen Kyles
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun story with lots of action and drama.
Megan Swanson
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
Although the first one was a turn-off, they do get better.
Nadine
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Although I guessed whodunnit, this was a really fun read! Very life-like characters, fun story line, and no offensive language or sex. I'm definitely looking for more Spider Latham books!
Diane
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another quick Spider Latham mystery.
Loni Spendlove
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Enjoying this series and it's familiar characters who face challenges at home, church and communities with down-to-earth common sense and charity!
Patricia
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Rating: 2.5

I did like this book better than book 1 and I did feel like I could "like" Spider better in this volume. I had felt kind of indifferent to him before. I do plan to read book 3.
Miriam
Apr 04, 2009
Ruby Vazquez
Jan 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Spider Latham Mystery (5 books)
  • The Lodger: A Spider Latham Mystery
  • Snakewater Affair: A Spider Latham Mystery
  • Trouble at the Red Pueblo (A Spider Latham Mystery #4)
  • Death on the Red Rocks: A Spider Latham Red Rock Mystery (Spider Latham Mysteries Book 5)