Start by marking “Singing from Silence Rich Mullins: Love Beyond Fear” as Want to Read:
Singing from Silence Rich Mullins: Love Beyond Fear

Singing from Silence Rich Mullins: Love Beyond Fear

Rich Mullins was one of the most gifted musical visionaries of the twentieth century. He was thought by some to be a modern-day prophet. Others claim he was a saint. He was a radical believer, an original spirit devoted to a mighty God.

This true story is seen through the eyes of close companion and confidante Pam Richards. She presents Richard's more human side in an inten
Published April 11th 2012 by Dog Ear Publishing (first published April 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Singing from Silence Rich Mullins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Singing from Silence Rich Mullins

Start your review of Singing from Silence Rich Mullins: Love Beyond Fear
Terry Jung
Jun 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Rich Mullins was engaged for about 10 years to an unnamed woman. The engagement was ended by the woman in approximately 1983. That overlaps the time frame Pamela Richards writes this work of fantasy. Please who KNEW Rich and were CLOSE friends dispute Pamela Richards account. Kathy Sprinkle, one of Rich's closest friend, especially disputes the accounts in the book. Pamela did not divorce her "abusive" husband until years after Rich's death. Kathy knows both Pam and her "abusive" husband (unname ...more
Kathleen Pooler
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In Singing From Silence, Artist and Author Pam Richards pays tribute to the special friendship she shared with gifted Christian Contemporary musician, Richard “Rich” Mullins for a ten-year period from 1974-1984. In exploring this relationship, Richards examines not only her life and spirituality in relation to meeting Mullins but also the inspiration behind many of the songs Mullins wrote and played.
The story starts out on the campus of The Cincinnati Bible College where Pam and Richard meet on
Andd Becker
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it
The author shares deep thoughts about her friendship with a special person whose absence, perhaps, is stronger than his presence ever was. Is this what happens when a beloved one dies? We go through life forever connected to and influenced by that one special person?
Please read this book if you are grieving, if you have experienced loss, if there is sadness in your soul. There is something in this book for you.
To enhance the reading experience, listen to the voice of Rich Mullins singing prai
Sherrey
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith, memoir, biography
My introduction to Singing from Silence and its author, Pamela Richards, came as a result of an interview with Pam on Kathy Pooler's blog, Memoir Writer's Journey. I then began visiting Pam's blog, A Candle to the Sun, and in a giveaway won a copy of Pam's book. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect.

Prior to reading Singing from Silence, I had never heard of Rich Mullins or his musical accomplishments. As I opened this book, Rich and Pam were total strangers to me. What I encountered is a book
Brian Walker
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
Interesting details about Mullins college years. However, as the book wears on, feelings of obsession, narcissism, and delusions of love lost grow. Richards makes an awful lot of claims as to her influence on Mullins' lyrics that frankly are difficult to believe.
Richard
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the review I posted on Amazon:

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful and compelling 'work of art', 29 Sep 2012
By
Richard von Hippel (Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Singing from Silence: Rich Mullins: Love Beyond Fear (Paperback)

Before I commence this review I have to be truthful and say, for reasons we don't need to discuss, I have held a deep and abiding aversion to all things `Religious' for most of my life and I was not exactly made ecstatic by the idea
Anne Becker
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pamela Richards' memoir, Singing from Silence, explores the friendship between the author and the well-known Christian singer-songwriter Rich Mullins. The two were soul-mates during their college years in the 1970's, and then were separated by irrevocable choices. The exhilarating but perplexing emotional and spiritual connection that they experienced during their youth remained palpable through their years apart, even after Rich's tragic death in a car crash in 1997.

This highly complex memoir i
Anne Derkat
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's the authors story of her intense but non physical friendship with a gifted musical visionary. She is a gifted writer who expresses herself wondrously. It is a very personal and riveting story and one that held my interest throughout.
Mary Davis
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Singing from Silence is a deeply personal narration of the author's relationship with the Christian Country Music singer Rich Mullins. The story that ensues is a beautiful, sensitive and tragic story. It is one of the most meaningful books I have read in a long time.
Jeffrey Rasley
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is one of the strangest, wide-ranging, and yet compelling books I've read. It is primarily about the most carnally unfulfilled love affair since Abelard and Heloise. But, it touches on religious fundamentalism, art and music theory, cultic participation, marriage/divorce, rape, Satan, suicidal children, astral travel and projection, mysticism, etc. Richards is laceratingly honest in her introspection about her own failings in various spheres of life. Yet, her idealism of the loving relation ...more
Cynthia A
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won-books-read
I won this book on Goodreads and I really enjoyed reading about her point of view on Rich Mullins who is one of my favorite Christian singer.
Steve
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hello,
I did not finished your book yet but my girlfriend is a big fan of your novel so I am hoping to give this to my girl friend!!
If I win this contest I’ll be thankful for what you have done!
Rita Smith
Pamela
Jun 17, 2014
Bob
May 01, 2013
Advanced Copies f...: Book Giveaway: Singing from Silence 1 12 Sep 10, 2014 02:59PM
THE Group for Aut...: Author Interviews: Writing from Memory 11 23 Oct 27, 2012 06:10AM
Goodreads Authors...: Interview with Pam Richards 1 6 Oct 18, 2012 03:28AM