Start by marking “Roseblood (Roseblood Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Roseblood (Roseblood Series #1)

Roseblood (Roseblood Series #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
For Reina Caraway, being human does have its drawbacks when she is born in Le Couvènte, a Northern California city made up entirely of vampires and werewolves. While she feels like an outsider (and sometimes dessert) in her high school, Reina also struggles at home with the mixed blood of her family. With her vampire brother and father and werewolf brother and mother, dail ...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Argo Navis (first published July 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Roseblood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roseblood

Danielle (Dannie)
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves vampires & werewolves
Recommended to Danielle (Dannie) by: The Author Emily Stone & Goodreads
Shelves: r2r-books-read
Very few books can make me cry ... This book is one of those! I laughed in parts and cried in other parts. Some books are so good and so engrossing that, not only are you unable to put them down, but you lose track of time as well. This book is definitely one of those!!! Happiness, sadness, self-discovery, the journey of life, mystery, intrigue ... and so much more! I highly recommend reading this book if you like vampires and werewolves!

Reina's mother and a brother are werewolves, her father an
Jessie Potts
What it's about: Reina Caraway is in a very peculiar situation. She's a human in a town full of vampires and werewolves. Her own family is supernatural. Her father is a vamp, while her mother is a wolf. Add to that a random prophecy about her ruling Le Couvente … and clearly Reina has a lot to deal with. This is your typical coming-of-age story complete with a love triangle, supernatural creatures and, of course, murder.

Why you should read it: This is an e-book gem because it was fun to read. Ye
Toni
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Roseblood was a interesting read! Very different from your normal vamps and weres!

Reina is the only human living in a city of vampires and werewolves. She feel left out and awkward but trys not to show it! Rin did get on my nerves alot through out the book! Through out the book she is in danger,and at every turn is making stupid mastakes. Rin is being chased by two guys! and has to make a choice,and tells one of them they will have to let her go! will she make the right choice?
This book has Hap
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Rating - 4.5

I was lucky enough to get this book to review from the author, Emily Shore. Awesome story. I totally disagreed with Rin's choice but I loved how it all came together. The characters were great and I loved the story line, the suspense, the mystery of what would happen, made it so hard to put the book down. I look forward to reading the next one.
Lynxie
Rating: 1.5 stars.

The themes of this story have been done before, have been done to death really, yet Emily does add her own spin on them. If you liked Twilight, you will probably enjoy this story, it has a lot of similarities.

I didn't like Reina, she ALWAYS needed to be saved, she seemed to make really stupid decisions and then allowed her family and friends to make up for them.

The murder story was really only a minor backstory to the rather excessive love triangle (there always seems to be a l
Gabby
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr-r2r-r4r
*WARNING: This review may have spoilers, but big ones will be marked*

Thank you Emily, for letting me read and review this book, here is my honest review :)

I'm so so so so so sorry that it has taken me this long to review this, Emily!
absolutely loved this book! it's not your average Vampire/Werewolf story. It's so much better and unique! I have to admit, at the start I didn't know which side i was on; Skip's or Raoul's. But i have to say, by the end of it I loved Raoul so much better. Actually,
Ariella
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it
More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words

You can also read this review here.

*A review copy was provided by the author for reviewing purposes*
Thank you to Emily Shore!

Reina Caraway is a human in a town where it's all bloodsucker and werewolves. So she can literally become dog bits or the food bank in a second. Her dad is a vampire and her mom is a werewolf. In her whole family, only she is a human. At her school, she sometimes feels like an outsider and/or dessert.

There was a prophecy about he
Sara
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r
Wow, this book really pulled me in two directions...

It's a slightly different take on the Vampires and Werewolves genre whereby the live in their own secret town with just one human - Reina (Rin), the daughter of a rare vampire/ werewolf marriage and the prophesied Queen who will unite the warring species.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I loved a lot of the characters - particularly Raoul BUT I struggled a little with the central character Rin as at certain points I just didn't like her! She i
Casey
My reaction to this entire book was

I can’t even say what all happened because I was only half paying attention. Not even when I got to the big reveal.

There was no liking or disliking, I was completely indifferent.
Amanda
Aug 27, 2014
Lilm0mma
May 26, 2013
Blue
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Can't wait for the next installment. Finished in one sitting. Entertaining.
Bindy
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2014
Sharon Desruisseaux
Oct 14, 2012
Emily Shore
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jade
Amee Wall
Dec 05, 2012
Carolyn
Dec 20, 2012
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {42} Roseblood- FULL (Our Avg 4.6*) 21 81 Sep 23, 2012 05:44PM
Roseblood Discussion Questions 2 5 Sep 01, 2012 07:08PM
Emily Shore is a MN author partnered with Clean Teen Publishing for her up and coming anti-trafficking dystopian novel, The Aviary. She has a BA in Creative Writing from Metro State University. Emily is also the grand prize winner of #PitchtoPublication, which ultimately led to her working with professional agents.
Ten years ago, the seed was planted for Emily to learn more about the anti-trafficki