Start by marking “Bleodsian” as Want to Read:
Bleodsian

Bleodsian

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
When impoverished, middle-aged janitor Richard Cacciare is diagnosed with a terminal, hematological illness, he falls into despair. His spirits are revived, however, when a voice only he can hear dictates a plan to restore his health at the expense of others. The Voice states life is NOT sacred and health can be restored when consuming the blood of others. Mr. Cacciare the ...more
Published July 25th 2012 (first published July 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bleodsian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleodsian

Brandon Luffman
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story really had a "modern gothic" feel to it. Reminiscent of Poe's style, but in a modern setting and tone.

I was pulled along quite easily, with the action flowing quickly. The main character is sympathetic and you soon find yourself hoping for his success, despite the horrific acts he has convinced himself to undertake.

As the forces arrayed against him are closing in, you can't help but feel the pressure mount. The story ramps the tension upward in a steady climb, ending with a climax tha
Cyma Khan
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the way the whole story unfolds - the things you learn about a person's conscience. It's something I am sure everyone can relate to: the need to justify even your wrongdoings. Really enjoyed reading this one because it was full of fabulous character revelations. The story is simple but the whole autobiographical narrative is very engaging. Definitely one of the better ones among new writers.
Christina M Condy
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book for my honest review.

This is a story about Richard, who has a fatal illness. He is convinced by “a voice in his head” that only by drinking blood can he get his health back. I don’t want to go into too many details because it will spoil the story for you the reader. But I will say that this is actually a story of how desperate we become when faced with our ultimate and untimely death and what we would willingly do to survive.

Robert Perry has created a character in Richard
Stacy
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2rs
This is a tale filled with such sadness, longing and despair, told in such a heartwrenching fashion that it leaves the reader emotionally drained. Meet Richard Cacciare: a middle-aged man whose life is being shortened by a rare disease, and who is angry at the world for his predicament. With the assistance of The Voice, he embarks on a dark and twisted journey in order to try to sustain his life and give him back his vigor and vitality. Is The Voice real, an outside entity? Or is The Voice only ...more
Ted Guglielmo
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ted by: Lovers of the Paranormal group
Another Read 2 Review book from the Lovers of the Paranormal group here on Goodreads. Mr. Perry has crafted a tale that made me feel some sympathy for Richard Caccire. Richard is a facilities worker with a fatal malady that is convinced by an unnamed, unseen voice that by killing others and drinking there blood that he can be returned to health. Though he feels pangs of gulit the invigorating sense he gets from drinking the blood masks the fact that he is still dying...until his doctor tells him ...more
Yaz
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a story of a middle aged man, Richard Cacciare. Cacciare finds himself facing mortal peril and he refuses to accept his fate. The story drives us through the last struggles of Richard. His desperation to cling to life is palpable and his methods are horrific. His desperate need and the logic of a strange voice push him to do the unforgivable in order to keep his hope of survival.

I found myself sympatizing with this character and his strange situation. The story delivers the plot in a phi
Rya/Jenny
Aug 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2-review
Note - I received this book from the author for free in exchange for an honest review.

A dying janitor, a Voice, and murder. Bleodsian is a tale of a man trying to stay alive in the face of a rare illness.

This is a good book, though I found it a little hard to get into as it jumped around a bit awkwardly.
You feel many emotions with Richard Cacciare; sorrow, anger at the world, hope, and finally, despair.
Carrie King
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow. This book is a page turner. I ended the book feeling creepy, sad, mad and exhausted all that the same time. Richard's story put me through so many emotions. Mad that he would kill people. Sad that he was sick. And creepy because the VOICE told him what to do. It made me wonder if we all would listen to that VOICE, if we would be capable of what Richard did also. The question still remails for me..why the last girl? what was so different about her that he wanted to tell her his story?
April Alvey
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow Is All I Can Say This Book Really Touched Me I Cried So Much Reading This Book. This Book Is So Sad. Its Takes Your Emotions On A Trip I Will Tell You. I Really Love Richard He Was One Of The Best People In The Book. If You Want A Great Story That Will Make You Cry I Totally Recommend This Book.
Jessica Chase
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this book as part of an R2R thing. I have to say this is one of the most original, well written stories I've read from newbie authors. I loved the concept! It takes genre fiction and gives it a twisted turn.
J.A. Howell
Aug 31, 2012
Raju Prasad
Dec 20, 2012
Tonykjeong
Jul 10, 2013
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {21} Bleodsian- Closed (Our Avg 4.1*) 30 110 Sep 19, 2012 08:28PM