Start by marking “The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)

The Perfect Game

(The Perfect Game #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  54,618 ratings  ·  3,051 reviews
He's a game she never intended to play.
And she's the game changer he never knew he needed.

The Perfect Game tells the story of college juniors, Cassie Andrews & Jack Carter. When Cassie meets rising baseball hopeful Jack, she is determined to steer clear of him and his typical cocky attitude. But Jack has other things on his mind... like getting Cassie to give him the
Published October 11th 2012 (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Game, please sign up.
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Best Book Boyfriends
8,555 books — 26,455 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
College Romance
1,311 books — 8,195 voters

More lists with this book...

·  54,618 ratings  ·  3,051 reviews

photo tumblrm7lfw08ust1r3ovdb.gif

#1. Jack is a JERK!
#2. Cassie is a MORON!

And #3. JACK IS A JERK!

Look, all this book is… is Jack and Cassie going back and forth completely destroying each other. I mean, he cheats on her with someone who he ends up getting pregnant.

Then he LEAVES Cassie to marry Miss Pregnant Lady.

And then he comes BACK to Cassie, and not only does she take him back.

Ooooh no. You want to know what she does?

She apologizes to HIM!
Vishous
REALLY?! I MEAN, REALLY?!?!?

description

it would be 1 star (didn't like) but the way jack apologized in the fucking end, IN THE END, actually saved the book. i mean i was so frustrated with them! this review will contain lots of spoilers so please don't tell me you haven't been warned, because i ain't hiding them!

description

first:
it was like reading soft version of "beautiful disaster";

second:
all the time he called her kitten and all the time i tried to remember why is that so fucking familiar to me too, together wi
Taryn
This review is posted at My Secret Romance

When I first heard about this book, I was all like...
Sweet heavens! Jerks are the way to my heart!

Then I started reading and I was like...

Jack Carter, you are on the top of my Jerk of My Dreams shelf, first in line and all the way to the left. You're sitting right next to Jack Howard from the Avoiding series. Trust me buddy, that's a good thing.

Seriously.
This book...
Gave me the biggest, dumbest, grin on my face the whole time
AND...
Made me want t
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 JACKTASTIC STARS

I absolutely adore the feeling you get when you've found an incredibly fan-f*cking-tastic book. A book that takes you from happy, to thrilled, to anxious, to sad, to gutted, to depressed, to on top of the freaking world. An amazing book to me, is a book that I will remember almost every moment once I've read it. It's a book that devours my heart, soul and mind. It sticks with me and when it ends I want to cry because I'm so attached to each of the characters, that the thought
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Sometimes I feel exactly like Julia Roberts, except my hair is a very unique shade of red (called brown), my lips are in proportion to my body and I would never ever teach Richard Gere how to drive a stick. So why birth this randomness?? Because every time I start a review, I kind of feel like Julia Roberts at the beginning of My Best Friend's Wedding. She slowly takes a bite, pauses, then says..."I'm writing this up as inventive...and confident." Well, a few days ago I took a rather big bite ou ...more
Debra
★★★ 2.5 messed up, emotional and infuriating stars!

I mean, really…

This book... Well, this book… I can't say that I really hated it, but I also know that I didn't love it either. So, that leaves me somewhere in the middle… I guess.

***MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD***

The main reason that this book infuriated me were the two main characters and their immature behavior. Particularly that of: Jack Carter.

What. A. Jackass.

Seriously.

See, in the beginning of the story, Jack is a the typical famous playboy ath

Belle
SPOILER ALERT

I'll start by saying overall this book was a good, easy, contemporary read.. I usually love the ones centered around people in college etc.
I absolutely loved the characters in the beginning, with Jack's protective, overbearing, loving, passionate and cocky attitude and Cassies "kittens" tough, beautiful and strong personality.

The storyline was going so well.. and then BAM, the cheating incident occurred. I'll admit the way it happened seemed pretty believable to me, and I can unders
Elizabeth
Dec 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one not actively seeking a lobotomy.
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Thankfully no one, otherwise I'd be getting arrested for murder.
*** HERE THAR BE SPOILERS. YEE HAVE BEEN WARNED ***

I have decided to petition the author to rename this book: The Perfect Lobotomy, due to all the brain cells that were destroyed during its reading.

This book was an epic...
 photo fail.gif
That's right. Fail.

Never. NEVER before have I encountered two characters I actively wished death upon. I not only wished death on these characters, I wished for it to be slow and painful, preferrably consisting of some kind of flesh eating disease that rotted off body parts b
Duchess Crystal

1 cup of abandonment issues
1/2 cup of heartache love
1/2 cup of betrayal
a pinch of laughter
a pinch of an awesome bff
a pinch of sexy time
1/4 cup of slutiness
1 can of whoop ass
1 handful of tissues
2 boxes of "CUE FUCKING TEARS!!!"

Mix all these up and you have The Perfect Read!

Cassie Andrews and Jack "Fucking" Carter are both juniors at college.

Cassie is warned to stay away from Jack b/c he is like the BIGGEST manwhore on campus. He never...EVER..
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review -Quick Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult/College Romance
WARNING: This book contains cheating if you do not like that in your read please move on.

Everybody's like, 'He's no item. Please don't like him.
He don't wife 'em, he one nights 'em!' ~Lyrics Jay-Z

After reading this you will never be able to look at a quarter the same way again. AND YES I am referring to currency that totals twenty-five cents.

"Your my game changer, you know that?"
"Game changer?"
I shook my head unsu
Kellie Maddox-Ward
*******************************
DO NOT READ THE SPOILERS IN HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THIS BOOK!
AND FAIR WARNING I'M ABOUT SWEAR LIKE A SAILOR AS I NEED TO GET IT OUT!
**********************************

*opens mouth*
*closes mouth*
*opens mouth*
*closes mouth*

Umm.. so...eeehh....*deep breath innnnn and release*

OK Ok... where the FUCK DO I START!

This is the story of Jack Fucking Carter and Cassie "Kitten" Andrews.

Cassie is new to the college, so when she catches the eye of the infamous bad boy manw
Jillian Dodd
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed this book. I fell hard for Jack Carter. Yes, he came off as an arrogant jerk, but you could tell there was something more underneath. And there was. Jack isn't perfect. Cassie isn't perfect. They have issues. While you can pitch the perfect game, there is no such thing as the perfect relationship. Something happens in the book that is gut wrenching. You are so mad at Jack for what he does. Then because of his issues, he compounds the betrayal by making an even dumber decision. ...more
Kaza
Oct 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-sterling
*Slight Spoilers*

Cassie meet Jack...baseball hero, manwhore, heartbreaker

Jack meet Cassie...your game changer

1%--Body Temperature 98.6, thinking to myself, ok. let's see how this story goes...

12%--*snickers* Love their bantering...

15%--50 cents a touch...cute...

28%--Body Temp 99.9, Ruh Roh...there's pictures out there...

33%--First fight...communication important...

43%--Body Temp 98.6, Something bout to happen...but not what I expected...

63%--Body Temp 101.5, Jackass emerges...

66%--Body Temp 103.
Tara
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This book almost killed me dead! Sterling - you are a rock star! This book was a roller coaster of a ride that made me smile, sigh, cry, yell and then do it all over again. Job well done my friend!
Lucy
Aug 18, 2012 rated it liked it
totally undecided on this book..there where things i liked and things i didn't! (view spoiler) There were some very cute moments and I loved Jack and Cass as a couple and once they where ...more
Sali
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to my review of THE PERFECT GAME

There is a few things I want to say about the author of this book before I get started .
This is J.sterlings 3rd book . She wrote 2 other books in the YA genre .
In Dreams & Chance Encounters. Both are great books
I make no secret of the fact that I call Jenn AKA J.Sterling a friend . She is an amazing person with a larger than life personality, a sense of humour that calls to my funny bone lol & a huge heart that makes me love her. I can also be c
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
After the best book of the year, let me introduce you my worst book of the year. Warning : This review is basically a big spoiler. So if you want to read the book, just don't read this.

Even the jerks need their ad, don't they? Or not really, okay. But I wanted to translate this "review" so here we go. Because this Jack Carter here? He could be the perfect fit for a chapter named "what-kind-of-boy-I-don't-want-my-daughter/friend/sister-date-like-ever"

Or 'what-kind-of-heroe-you-don't-want-to-recom
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Four almost Perfect Stars ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hmmmmm so, for me, if I'm 100% honest this book wasn't perfect. It wasn't until the latter part of the book, probably from around the 60% mark when I finally started to warm to the characters.

Why.....

Let me get my moans out of the way:

I found the dialogue a little clichéd and too telling in places, it wasn't subtle enough, if that makes sense? Sometimes less is more and actions speak a thousand words.

Also Cassie's character, to start with, was all over the pla
It's just me Shelly B
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to It's just me Shelly B by: Vishous
Shelves: angst, ya-na
Jack and Cassie

Girl meets boy......and of course they fall in love!!

They meet at a frat party and even though Scarlett has been warned of his "player status." She eventually falls head over heels in love with the star pitcher of the baseball team.

“He was beautiful. And he was charming. And a man-whoring pig. God, what is wrong with me?”

Oh yeah and he looked good in that tight baseball uniform....WHEW!!

“It’s irritating how good he looks in his uniform, right?”
I jerked my head back toward her. “S
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3-3.5 ★'s

“Don’t lie, don’t cheat, don’t say things you don’t mean, and don’t make promises you can’t keep.”

Another book from my cheating list that I finally got to and sadly, I was a little disappointed. Maybe I've read too many New Adult books because even though these characters are in college, they felt like high schoolers and they were sooo immature. It was definitely a turn off.

Jack and Cassie meet when she transfers to his college. He's the hot baseball player and can...and does get any
Gisbelle
This book is wrong in so many levels. I am not going to write a review now because I don't have anything respectful to say. Later maybe.

**UPDATE**

I chose to read this book when I heard it was somehow similar to Beautiful Disaster since they both had bad tempered main characters and everything. I generally don't mind bad [fictional] boys. They are hot and since I enjoyed Beautiful Disaster so much, I was so excited to start this book. Boy, never have I ever been so disappointed! Everything about
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Fast Ball Stars

College love can be intense and earth shattering and also the place where you meet "The One". The one that changes everything for the good and the bad. This is a story of that kind of love.

Meet Jack fucking Carter he's a college baseball superstar- He doesn't date. He just sleeps with girls and all their friends. He was beautiful. And he was charming. And a man-whoring pig.
 photo image_zps28caed2b.jpg

Meet Cassie aka Kitten- She's sassy, she's tough and says plays hard to get with Jack. But she has trust i
Becky
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves-of-2012
YYEESSS!!! FINALLY a book that for one reason or another I did not hate the heroine! In fact I LOVED Cassie!I knew before reading this book is was going to be awesome. The peeks Ms. Sterling gave us of this book before it was released confirmed that. But I have to admit it was even more than I expected! It is definitely one of my favorites this year. And now on with my review...

Jack and Cassie are both emotionally damaged by their parents. They have an issue with trust and letting someone in for
bells ♡
Dec 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
No leeré el segundo libro en la vida.
Jamás.

En la primera mitad del libro, estaba fascinada con la relación de éstos dos.

Y entonces, el imbécil hizo lo que hizo y bueno, empezó la parte del libro en que cada vez que pasaba una hoja, abría cada vez más los ojos al leer tanta estupidez junta.

Jack, eres el idiota más grande que he leído.

(view spoiler)
Lindsay
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I love romance and I love baseball, so when you put the two together, I’m all over it. So with that said, I can’t believe that I balked at reading this!

I was hooked from page one. I couldn’t put it down. I even read it while watching game 7 of the NLCS between the San Francisco Giants & the St. Louis Cardinals…which made for an interesting soundtrack to the book.

(view spoiler)
Natalie
Aug 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2-stars, contemporary
*spoiler alert*

★ ! I actually really enjoyed this book, for starters. The characters were great. Cassie was easy to like and i fell in love with Jake Carter from moment one. He reminded me a lot of Jude Ryder from CRASH by Nicole Williams, who i totally and completely love.

Jake is the school's biggest player, and no girl can resist him. Except for Cassie. I loved reading how he got her to finally date him and how sweet they were together. (view spoiler)
Beth Hudspeth
Apr 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017-reads, wtf
Holy shit.
Wanderlust
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: baby-mama-drama
Cover & title - 3 out of 5
Favorite line - "My heart belongs to you. And I'm not asking for it back, even if you don't want it anymore. I'm just asking for a chance to have yours again. I promise I'll be more careful with it this time."

I almost cannot believe i am saying this but girlies, this book did not rock my world. I was seriously angry throughout a lot of this book, i found this at times really trying. I do not know if i just was not in the right mind set for an mature YA or if maybe i
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Is been more then a year since I read this book and I never actually wrote a review for it, so I decided to write one today, and is going to be straight to the point of why I didn't like this book.

The first 30% was great, there were a slow-burn romance and I was thinking that I was going to love it, but then Cassie just started to get repetitive and Jack’s a jerk (not the nice good one to read about).
To be honest, both MC were full on idiots and made such stupid terrible decisions that I’m surpr
http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/perfect-straightening-brush/ 1 1 May 11, 2017 04:40AM
http://www.healthdietalert.com/perfect-youth-serum/ 1 1 Mar 20, 2017 09:54PM
http://bestagingcare.com/perfect-youth-serum/ 1 2 Jan 14, 2017 02:39AM
one piece online2 is my favorite game 1 10 Oct 11, 2015 08:52PM
wtf 6 142 Jun 08, 2015 12:59PM
What did you think? 49 392 Jan 30, 2014 03:52PM
Boy on the covers name? 5 172 Jul 18, 2013 05:44AM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Game Changer: The Final Score (The Game Changer, #2)
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • Finding Chase (Chasing Nikki, #2)
  • Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1)
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Slow Twitch (Brenna Blixen, #3)
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
  • Every Which Way (Sloan Brothers, #1)
  • Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts, #3)
  • Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend, #1)
  • Full Count
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Back to You
  • From Ashes (From Ashes, #1)
I write to give myself and others hope- hope that true love really does exist... hope that even when you think love isn't meant for you, it can still find you... and hope that there really are good guys out there who will fight for the right woman and never give up.

I live in California with my only son, Blake. If you can't find me sitting behind a computer screen, then there's a good chance I'm s

The Perfect Game (4 books)
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
  • The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game, #3)
  • The Other Game (The Perfect Game, #4)
“It's not that I can't live without you; it's that I don't want to. There's a difference. We all make choices in life and I choose you.

My heart belongs to you. And I'm not asking for it back, even if you won't want it anymore. I'm just asking for a chance to have your again. I promise I'll be more careful with it this time.”
261 likes
“Our scars don't point us in the direction were headed, Cass, they simply remind us of where we've been” 216 likes