Start by marking “Into The Desert Wilds” as Want to Read:
Into The Desert Wilds

Into The Desert Wilds

(The Fall of Eldvar #2)

Having survived the war near Altis, Estin and his family must make a new life in the desert lands near Corraith more than a thousand miles from home. Unlike Altis, these lands fully accept wildlings, giving hope for the future.

Starting to find her own life, Oria has no expectations of a future. She lives day to day in this new land. What it means to be an adult is as
Published August 10th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Into The Desert Wilds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into The Desert Wilds

Start your review of Into The Desert Wilds
Midu Hadi
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of high fantasy
Tricia Kristufek
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Freedom has its own confines, but you need to find them within yourself.

Estin and his family have survived the war in Altis, having been transported by the mists more than a thousand miles to the desert surrounding Corraith. Just when they thought they could start their lives over, disaster once again strikes the wildling family.

Continuing where In Wilder Lands ended, readers are treated not only to the returned narration of Estin, but also the fresh voice of Oria. Trying to find her place in
Rachel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Yep. Did not disappoint at all. (Excluding all the times when there were betrayals and deaths and such, but that's different. -sigh-)
It's amazing how well-written these books are. I love the characters, the plot is interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next (why does the next book have to be set in a different time with different characters?).
Scott
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-reviews
Into the Desert Wilds by Jim Galford is the second book in his Fall of Eldvar series. It continues to tell the tale of Estin and Feanne along with their kits. They have left there normal home mountain range and are now struggling to survive in the desert. They stay reasonably close to the city of Corraith, but as wildlings they don't fit in very well and Estin is hesitant to stay.

Even though this is the second book in the series it almost works as a standalone. It has been quite some time since
Stephen Neal
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After I blew through In Wilder Lands, I immediately had to purchase this book. I'm glad I have a Kindle so I didn't have to wait for the print copy to come in because I probably would have been waiting at the door to tackle the poor UPS driver the moment I saw them approach.

Anyway, I thoroughly loved the book. There were a few typos and such in the first book, but I didn't notice any of those in this book. Admittedly the changing of POV each chapter between Estin and Oria was a little
William Fontana
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthropomorphic
Hold on to your seats, because the momentum from the first book doesn't slow with the second installment in The Fall of Eldvar series. Absolutly loved the book. If you just finished the first book and you're thinking "ehhhhh.... should I read the second?" The answer is yes 100% yes. After thinking the first book was the most amazing book I have ever read, the second book proved me wrong (don't worry, In Wilder Lands is still second, and only to Into the Desert Wilds).
Aeturnus
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
It wasn't bad, and I'll admit I did become a little choked up at parts.
Jim Galford
Marla A. Wallace
Jan 12, 2019
Roz Gibson
Nov 24, 2014

• Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (Rats of NIMH, #1)
  • The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
  • The Path Between Us: An Enneagram Journey to Healthy Relationships
  • Firstborn
  • Dead Voices (Small Spaces #2)
  • Restart
  • Crush (Berrybrook Middle School, #3)
  • Sky Carver
By trade, I am a computer system administrator. Generally speaking, all of my time is wrapped up in stupid-long work days, housework, or keeping my dogs from doing anything regrettable. On those rare occasions when I have free time, I write...and when I write, I write a lot.

My first published book, "In Wilder Lands," was put out in a rather remarkable (to me) situation.

In 2011, I was diagnosed

The Fall of Eldvar (5 books)
  • In Wilder Lands
  • Sunset of Lantonne (The Fall of Eldvar)
  • The Northern Approach (The Fall of Eldvar #4)
  • Bones of the Empire (The Fall of Eldvar #5)