Start by marking “Feeling Safe” as Want to Read:
Feeling Safe

Feeling Safe

2.67  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The best day of Dobbs' life was when he was rescued from his kidnappers by an elite team of soldiers. A year later, Dobbs' life should be getting back to normal, shouldn't it? Despite his best efforts, Dobbs is discovering that back to normal is a relative thing. Then he runs into a man at a party who seems to be eager to help him define his new normal. Can something good ...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Torquere Press (first published July 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Feeling Safe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feeling Safe

Jenn
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Uhhhhhhh, so I thought the premise was pretty awesome & I think it definitely could have gone interesting places. I just think there was too much plot crammed into such a short amount of pages. If there had been zero sex and more development, maybe this would have worked? I don't know, but that ending was random. Would love to see this longer and more development of the relationship & exploration of Dobbs' PTSD.
Tam
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews.

Well, the blurb on this super short story pretty much tells it all, which is part of the problem I had with this book. As a rule I love this author’s short stories. They are usually light, the voice and tone works for me, and the characters are likable guys. All this remains true here, but there is so much missing that I felt like I was only getting sporadic glimpses of the entire story.

It starts with Dobbs waking to a nightmare shortly after
Serena Yates
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Cute, short, and very romantic describes this short snapshot of Dobb's life after he gets rescued from being kidnapped. The story focuses on the events one year after his return, and shows how the lingering aftereffects of a traumatic event have changed Dobbs's perspective on life. The coincidence as to who comes to sweep him off his feet may be unrealistic, but it does make for a very touching story.

Dobbs is just an average guy, and the kidnapping (about we don’t hear a lot) throws him for a lo
Lucy
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

3.5 This is a very short story, one that could have been amazing if we had the whole background story. As it is, we get a good sense of what Dobbs’ life is at this point. It’s been (only been, we can say) a year since he was rescued after his kidnapping. He has panic attacks, trouble with crowds and loud noise, and wants to feel “better”. “Better was a relative word. As was normal”. I very much liked this sentiment, because something traumatic happening to you
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
This one could have been great, I think it could have been a favorite , but it was just way way too short.
I knew it was short when I bought it, but the backstory would be excellent , what did Dobbs go through? Why was he taken? How long was he gone?
And then seeing more of how Bruce and he become a couple.
*sigh* I liked this one, I did, I just liked it enough to really really wish I had more of their story!
Nik
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: short, snoozer, db
Had great potential but the ending was so random I thought...
Sandra
Aug 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
$1.99 here, 15 pages
V
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I can't believe this author mostly write short stories, there are so lovely.

This story is just so beautiful, a real shame it is only a few pages long.
Donna
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Lovely feel good short story.
Gigi
Sunnysundy
Apr 19, 2015
Tracey
Feb 14, 2017
Heat in real life is the bane of Vic’s life, whose favorite season is winter, and Vic’s life is far more mundane than fiction. And when it comes to fiction, the hotter the better is Vic’s motto. Make it romantic, make it sexy, make it erotic, but definitely make it hot.
More about Vic Winter