Start by marking “August Fortress (Kilenya, #3)” as Want to Read:
August Fortress (Kilenya, #3)

August Fortress

(Kilenya #3)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  150 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Jacob Clark’s most dangerous quest yet is just beginning. He and his friends must rescue the powerful Shiengols from August Fortress, where they’ve been held captive for nearly fifteen years. But deadly Lorkon traps are everywhere and affect all involved—even Jacob. To succeed, he’ll have to master more of his powers and put aside distractions from his ordinary life.
Published June 11th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about August Fortress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about August Fortress

Ps Brittain
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Being a huge fan of Andrea Pearson, I had to have Book 3 of the Kilenya series and there was no disappointment when I read it. Her fast action and imagination drew me in from the beginning and once again, I couldn't put it down.

Jacob and his brother, Matt, both grew up believing they were born on Earth and only recently learned the real truth - they were from another world, Alkaron. Jacob, at age fourteen, started realizing he possessed unusual powers and was just learning how to control those p
Maya
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the third installment of this series, Jacob and his troop of helpers go to the August Fortress to get more backup for the upcoming war.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. This book took all of the things I absolutely love about Piers Anthony, minus the puns, and grew on it. I absolutely loved every second of this book.

And Jacob gets new powers! And actually uses them (and the ones from the last book that he didn't use at all then)! And they're awesome! I'm really hoping that he learns more in
Dan Rogers
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In August Fortress we find Jacob, Matt, Akeno, Aloren, & Gallus trying to rescue the Shiengols from August Fortress where they have been imprisoned by the Lorkon. As with the other books, the action comes often and is always intense. The difficulty for me with this though is that sometimes I don't follow everything that has happened and I either have to go back to reread a portion in order to understand, or I just don't worry about it and take the author's word for it and keep pressing on. E ...more
Sherilynn
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book three was just as good as book 1 and 2. I just purchased book 4. It's refreshing to get lost in a fun adventure. If you haven't read this series it's a really fun one for our teens and pre-teens. It's fun for all ages if you like being taken away in a fun adventure. I'm way past my teen years and I have really enjoyed them. Andrea is an author that has one good imagination. She also paints the picture enough that I can visualize it in my head. I hope that book 4 will not be the last. It loo ...more
M R
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Andrea Pearson. From the moment I picked up Key of Kilenya (The first in this series), I knew I wouldn't be bored. This author is an incredible example of self-publishing done right. Her stories are full of wit, humor, adventure, and even some bumps and bruises for our young hero to face. Jacob is a strong likable teenager, who faces often impossible-looking tasks. The books are well-written, and have a strong voice and plot. The different races and world created are believ ...more
Cathy
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: andrea-pearson
What can I say? Another great read! Learning more new things about himself. Learning more of the history of his homeland and his own people. Sacrifices have to be made, what will they be? Can he make them? Will he learn enough to help in the cause of ridding the land of the Lorkin? You might be able to get some questions answered in this book, and more adventures, magic, history. Long nights reading, so excited.
Gay
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Jacob is learning secrets about his family and himself. He also has to get used to some very unique abilities. All of this and go to school, save the world, and try out for varsity basketball. Kept me on the edge of my seat. Great job on another great story Ms. Pearson.
Ruth
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think the books keep getting better. Very creative. There are occasional things that break up the flow, but nothing major.
Leslee
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ellie and I are loving these books!
The Mysterious Reader
I loved the original August Fortress, book 3 of Andrea Pearson’s original Kilenya series (which can still be purchased on Kindle), despite that fact that I was already several multiple times it’s targeted middle school aged audience. I liked it enough that when the author decided to do a revised version of the series, aimed at the YA and adult reader, I had to try it out. I’m glad I did. This is book three of that revises series. I strongly recommend reading the first two books in the series bef ...more
Anie
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic
Received from Author

I almost DNF the book third way in. It was a bit different, than first two book and I had to take a break. I still came back to it, I wanted to know what happens next to Jacob :). The book picks up after first half and is back to awesomeness.

Jacob has to rescue Shiengols from August Fortress.

There is a lot changing in his life, Jacob grows up a lot in the story. His magical powers are developing and he has more on his plate every day.

There were some things I didn't like in i
Susan
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
August Fortress is the third book in the Kilenya Chronicles series. You can read this book as a standalone, but it does begin where Ember Gods ended and sets the stage for future books. If you like fantasy, magic and adventure, you will like this book and the series. There is violence and use of magic.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat all of that info here. The characters are well written and multidimensional. The author does a good job of summarizing t
Saundra Wright
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jacob finds himself embroiled in the hardest struggles of his life, trying to deal with new and disturbing gifts, expected to take on more dangerous rescue missions and still attempting to meet his personal goal of making the varsity basketball team! How can a teenager take the stress? To top it off, the girl of his dreams seems uninterested in him and he doesn't know what to do about it! To see if Jacob can make his way through all the Lorkon traps and those of his own heart, pick up this rivet ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book three of the Kilenya series, and I strongly recommend reading the first two books in the series before this one. Having said that, it's a highly addictive series so I doubt anyone will have any problems doing that. As with the prior books, August Fortress is s great book of magical adventures with strong characters that continue to develop and a neat storyline. A really fun read no matter what your age is, and easy to recommend.
Margaret
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jacob must free the Shiengols from the August fortress but it will be hard.
Jacob's next task is the release the Shiengols imprisoned in the August Fortress as their help is needed to defeat the Lorkon. How can they get though the traps between them and the fortress. A fast paced action adventure to relax and enjoy.
Frank Bertino
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
C Rescue, Capture And Esca

Jacob is learning more about his powers as he gains new ones and gains better control. I like the nonstop action and watching his development. His teenage angst and difficulty dealing with his feelings Aloren are frustrating, however. Will he progress enough in training to protect everyone from the Lorkon King? I look forward to the next book.
Lorella Piras
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved the original August Fortress, book 3 of Andrea Pearson’s original Kilenya series and I adore this new take.
This story is full of action and adventure and keeps you involved in the story.
I Loved all the book of this stunning series - can't wait for the next series.
Ashley
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I feel like these books get better and better! Pearson has this fabulous world that all ages will enjoy. It's a sci-fi fantasy type novel and I'm in love with it. I love these characters and the interactions they have with the world.
Suzanne Withers
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. Book 3 in the series. Jacob is growing up and torn between worlds as his magical powers are growing. Well written with strong characters and great story line. Each novel in the series draws the reader in to find out what will happen next and will Jacob and his friends survive and prosper.
Tru
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this book Jacob must travel to August forest to seek help from his uncle Azuriah and his people to defeat the Lorkons. As he gets closer to the battle with the Lorkons, Jacob discovers more of what he capable of doing and more of his family history.
Julian White
Jake's further misadventures - and this time he has a rough time as the odds seem stacked against him: injury and imprisonment and also bad news at school...

These are very readable and I'm sure popular with the target audience as well as more general fantasy readers.
Lefteris
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book of the series Kilenya chronicles.
If you are gonna read this book you have a lot of time because once you start reading you won't want to stop until you finished it. Very nice book with great suspense.
Heather
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
August Fortress starts off with a bang and keeps right on going until the very end. It gets kind of intense in places. There are a handful of editing errors, but nothing too bothersome. I highly recommend reading this book (though reading the first two books first is a must)!
Chris Meads
This is the 3rd book in the Keys to Kilenya Series.

Now that Jacob is in highschool and is really wanting to play basketball, the coach still won't notice him. On the other hand, Jacob has learned he has more powers and must learn to control them.
He has learned that he and his friends must rescue the Shiengols that are held in the August Fortress. There are traps that they must get through. Will Jacob be able to get himself and his group through them?
Marie
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
August Fortress
Book 3 – Kilenya Series

(While I purchased this story prior to purchasing the first trilogy box set, I read this book from the box set version.)

This series is geared towards 9-12 year olds – the approximate age in which I was first discovering fantasy and science fiction reads in my elementary school library. I would definitely have enjoyed this series if it had been available back then (many, many years ago). I consider this a lighter version of epic fantasy quest – without the “g
Nikki
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
While I understand that this is young adult fantasy, I am a little unhappy with the ease with which the real world is integrated, it's almost a done deal, with little or no conflict. Still will go ahead to read 4.
Fiction
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The twists and turns of this continuing epic just keep coming. Jacob learns about sacrifices and how far he will go to protect his people. He also learns more about his past. An awww moment towards the end gave me a happy thrill (no spoilers). Loved this book and I’m on to #4.
Brittney Gregg
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Still great through all 3 books...the author really did a great job in keeping the suspense up & your anticipation growing. Easy, fun reads.
Ryan Peterson
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. It doesn't have any typos that I noticed. It had lots of adventure and twists. I think this is a great series.
Juanita E. Arp
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great series, can't wait for the next book. Received FREE for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Andrea, a Brigham Young University graduate, is an avid reader and outdoor enthusiast (hiking, fishing, boating, biking, spending time in the Rocky Mountains, and taking walks). She spent a year and a half serving the Spanish speaking community in Toronto, Canada, and fluently speaks 2 languages. She plays several instruments, not including the banjo, and loves putting together musical arrangemen ...more

Kilenya (6 books)
  • The Key of Kilenya (Kilenya #1)
  • The Ember Gods (Kilenya, #2)
  • Rise of Keitus (Kilenya, #4)
  • Eyes of the Sun (Kilenya Series, 5)
  • The Golden Symbol (Kilenya Series, 6)