Start by marking “Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6)” as Want to Read:
Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6)

Let Me Be the One

(The Sullivans #6)

How far would you go for a friend?

Back in San Francisco preparing for her big art show, Vicki Bennett needs help protecting herself and her career from the unwelcome advances of one of the judges. She knows that her longtime friend and baseball star, Ryan Sullivan, will know just how to handle things, and he's the only person she can imagine asking for help.

Ryan is thril
Published August 28th 2012 by Oak Press

To ask other readers questions about Let Me Be the One, please sign up.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

As teenagers, Vicki and Ryan were inseparable. However, whatever romantic feelings they had for each other were held under tight wraps for fear that one wrong move could tear their friendship apart. For a long while, their friendship kept them in touch over the years, but after fifteen years of not seeing each other, Vicki asks a major favor from Ryan in a moment of panic.

As a talented artist, Vicki makes stunning works of art with her hands. Her latest endeavour involv
Wendy
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Kindness is incredibly sexy."

Hot on the edges as two friends deny their deep feelings for one another. The chemistry and sexual tension as well as the inner conflict of taking a frienship to a different level had me hooked.

Ryan truly is swoon worthy, as well as generous, thoughtful and there when you need him. He's a girl's knight in shining armor and gorgeous to boot! Vicki is trying to prove herself in the art world and I admired her tenacity and her struggles for her craft.

This is a lovely s
Jen
Another great installment in the Sullivan series. One thing that I am loving about this series is that each book is totally unique to the sibling that it is about. Depending on the personality of the character the story is focused on is what makes the tone of the book.

This story is about the famous baseball player, Ryan Sullivan and his childhood friend Vicki. Back in high school Vicki saved Ryan's life, and after that they became very close friends. Unfortuneatly their timing for each other to
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4 Stars

Let Me Be The One is book 6 in The Sullivan series. It seems like I have been waiting forever to learn more about Ryan. Let me just say I was not disappointed in this man at all. He is exactly how I pictured him to be. This really is a great addition to an astonishing series.

Ryan and Vicki were best friends in high school. They both had more than friendly feelings toward each other, but neither of them wanted to risk the chance of destroying what
Splage
4.5 Stars
Genre: Contemporary Erotica Romance
Heat Barometer: 5 out of 5 flames

Awesome audiobook, with a fabulous narrator, fast moving story, hot, hot passion with lots of sexy scenes. What I loved: Ryan!!!, sex on a stick hero, athlete with his tight, hot, gorgeous body, knight in shining armor who comes running to save the heroine, Vicky, when she gets caught in an uncomfortable situation. Such a noble hottie!

Ryan and Vicky have been best friends since they were young. She was an artist and fro
Kelly22
4.00 Stars - Contemporary Romance

This sixth book of the series is a story for anyone who loves a good ‘friends to lover’ hero-heroine pairings. With plausible protagonists and pleasing romance angle this book doesn’t disappoint to fulfill a promise of a well-spent afternoon.

Vicky is back in town after a messy divorce to apply for her fellowship in arts, but she wants to turn down the advances of an influential man who could make that possible. Along comes Ryan Sullivan, her best-friend of all t
Nefise
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it

I usually like to read friends to lovers stories so I chose it eagerly. First quarter was not impressed me, as if it lack of a solid friends-to-lover plot.

I think the success of friends-to-lovers trope is about persuasiveness. Reader should see and feel that protagonists are really friends and how they start to feeling stronger emotions with each other.
Usually if I don't like story, either I don't buy friendship or the part being more is not well handled.
In this story, I started to rea
Fernanda
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
:) OMG I love this story.

Is such a wonderful story! I cried, I smiled, I laugh... and I feel as the heroine, when she realizes her true and beautiful love.

Ryan and Vicky always, since they were teens, they are best friends... but after a decade trying hiding the true feelings they have for each other, the time is over. And all what they want is take a chance, risk it all, and assume.

If you want read a lovely story this is the one! :)
Yolanda
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wat hou ik toch van deze familie! Heerlijk boek waarin vanaf het begin al zo'n liefde tussen de hoofdpersonen aanwezig is. Behalve de liefde tussen de hoofdpersonen blijf ik de liefde tussen de familie ook zo mooi en echt voelbaar vinden.
Het is dat ik al gelukkig getrouwd ben anders zou ik zo willen trouwen met een Sullivan-man ;)
Sharon Mariampillai
December 2016 Review:

This was an incredible read. I love the Sullivans series. The writing and the characters are so amazing and I just love reading this series every year. I loved Ryan and Vicki's story. This is a friends-to-lovers love story. Ryan and Vicki met in high school and became best friends. She understands the Sullivans as she spent a lot of time with them in high school while hanging out with Ryan.

Ryan is a member of the San Francisco Sullivans who is a professional baseball play
Peggy Bird
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Star baseball pitcher Ryan Sullivan gets a text message from an old high school friend that sends him racing into San Francisco to return the favor of saving her the way she's saved him years before. Sculptor Vicki Bennet asks him to be her fake boyfriend to protect her from the attentions of a man who could hold the success of her career in his hands. Ryan agrees. He's never forgotten Vicki or what she did to save his life and sees this as a chance to pay back what he feels he owes her as well ...more
Ashley Drumm
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, romance, series
How far would you go for a friend?

Back in San Francisco preparing for her big art show, Vicki Bennett needs help protecting herself and her career from the unwelcome advances of one of the judges. She knows that her longtime friend and baseball star Ryan Sullivan will know just how to handle things, and he's the only person she can imagine asking for help.

Ryan is thrilled to have Vicki back in his life, and he will do anything to protect her from harm, including playing the role of "pretend boyf
Well Ms. Andre did it again. Let Me Be The One was wonderful. Ryan was so swoon worthy and sweet he made my teeth hurt:) LOL. Like the rest of the series I thought this book was well told. The story between Ryan and Vicki was great. It over course was your typical friends to lovers story but this one just hit me in all the right spots. Plus Ms. Andre really knows how to write a steamy scene. These books have definitely gotten better as the time has past. I truly enjoyed the 1st book of the serie ...more
Pheonix Fanfiction
These are my thoughts/feelings while reading this book - WARNING THERE ARE SPOILERS!!!!

(view spoiler)
Jenny E
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
This was probably closer to a 2.5 read for me.

I'd always liked Ryan in the other Sullivan books, and he surely did NOT disappoint as a character in the hotness factor. The friends-to-lovers storyline usually appeals to me, but NOT when it's rife with miscommunication, misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and missed opportunities to be honest with each other - manufactured drama!

This series that has been my guilty pleasure of late, but this book missed the mark!

Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series and Bella Andre. Can't wait for Smith's book next!! Loved Ryan's book~so good!! I love returning to the world of the Sullivans~I get pulled into the stories every time and hate when I am finished and have to leave these wonderful characters behind. So far my favorites of the series are still Marcus&Nicola and Sophie&Jake!!!
4 out of 5 rating.
Jenn
Aug 04, 2012 rated it liked it

I give Let me be the one a 3.5. It was a sweet story, and was a little different formula that I have seen in this series which I really like. There was NO big misunderstanding or fight which was a nice change of pace. It made more believable of two lifetime friends. I really can't wait for Smith story
Gamze
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gününüz karmaşa içinde zorluklarla geçmişse ve eve gelip bu ailenin bir ferdinin kitabını elinize aldıysanız, o karmaşadan eser kalmıyor. Derin bir nefes alıp, rahatlıyorsunuz.
Keşke böyle kocaman bir aileye sahip olabilseydim diye ister istemez geçiriyor insan içinden..
♥Sharon♥
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I loved it!
Isadora Moraes
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
2.75 to 3
Great book!!!
I loved the "Sullivan Series"
I'm torn between Ryan and Zach Sullivan as being my favorite.
This story was definitely the sweetest!!
Joni
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let Me Be the One is a great friends to lovers romance with plenty of heat and hesitation. I loved the prologue showing just how long ago the affection between Ryan Sullivan and Victoria Bennett began. Ryan wasn’t going to let Vicki go again when the perfect storm of events finally gave him an opening to discover he loved her and had loved her. Ryan was utterly adorable and got/understood Vicki in every way. She could hardly believe it and as a reader I found it refreshing! I loved their friends ...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another delightful instalment of The Sullivans series and, as usual, Bella Andre does not disappoint. I am not even sure how this is possible but, as the series continues, the stories keep getting better and better. I’m at a point where when I know a Bella Andre book is being released, I put everything else on hold in my life and dive into her new book until my fingers get all pruney. And what a scrumptious dive that is!

This is Ryan Sullivan’s book - he is the professional baseball player in the
Karen Scott
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm a total sucker for a good friends-to-lovers story, and I have to say, Let Me Be The One was fantastic.

This isn't a book that will grab you by the nuts and totally screw with you, it's not full of TSTL moments instigated by the heroine, or moments of assholiness from the hero, no no, not at all. This book was a gentle spring day, with occasional bursts of rain, but mostly filled with sunshine.

I know the above sounds kind of whimsical, and dare I say corny, but that's how Let Me Be The One mad
Jess
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

In this friends-to-lovers story, Vicki and Ryan meet as teens when their story begins. Vicki pushes Ryan out of the way of a car in their school parking lot and their friendship starts. Ryan was the popular jock, Vicki more of a loner, moving around every year with her military family. She’s an artist and has a hard time making friends to only have to leave them after a few months. But she and Ryan clicked early on and became best friends. For Ryan, she w
Val
4.5

This is the kind of connection I expected from a previous couple (from this series) who also met when they were young.

Ryan and Vicki's relationship started when she saved his life when they were teenagers and I easily believed the strong bond between them that managed to survive time and distance. Their chemistry was real, sweet and adorable. Their transition from best friends to more was wonderful because the best friends' part combined perfectly with their wishes of being together in a p
Shari
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Bella Andre's The Sullivans...just wowzars! Is that even a word? Bella Andre can weave a big family like no one I know! You feel like you are a part of the family, experiencing the highs and lows along with each and everyone of them. Ryan and Vicki are the latest additions to the Sullivans who have found love in Let Me Be the One.

Ryan Sullivan has always had a crush on Vicki Bennett from the day she "saved" him. Being teenagers though, it's harder to get over asking someone
Morgan
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Let Me Be The One was another wonderful addition to The Sullivans series. I've enjoyed every novel in The Sullivans companion series by Bella Andre, and Let Me Be The One was no exception. Ryan and Vicki's story was a sweet and sexy love story filled with passion and angst.

I recommend this story and this series to every single romance fan out there. In my opinion, The Sullivans is the perfect companion series for
Chu
"And still, even when he’d told her how he felt about her, and that he wanted their fake relationship to be real, she’d held herself back out of fear that their friends-to-lovers story was too good to be anything but fiction."

One of the hardest bridge to cross is the one that connects love and friendship. Finally! I get to read Ryan's story - and I was glad it was worth all those book that I skipped to read this one. As expected, it was hot on the edges as two friends try to deny what they fee
service pemanas a...: v 1 1 May 30, 2015 12:12PM
service solahart ...: service solahart depok 081313462267 2 1 May 14, 2015 02:01AM
service solahart ...: service solahart tangerang 081313462267 2 1 May 14, 2015 02:01AM
Ask Bella Andre -...: Discussion thread for "Let Me Be The One" 6 21 Jan 17, 2013 01:03PM
Let me be the one, Book 6 (sullivans) is out 6 55 Oct 25, 2012 07:19AM
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • Longing for Love (Gansett Island, #7)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • Blaze of Winter (Star Harbor, #2)
Bella Andre is the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of “The Sullivans” and “The Morrisons” series.

Having sold more than 8 million books, Bella Andre’s novels have been #1 bestsellers around the world and have appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists 84 times. She has been the #1 Ranked Author at Amazon (on a top 10 list that included Nora Robe

The Sullivans (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1)
  • From This Moment On (San Francisco Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #2)
  • Can't Help Falling in Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #3)
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4)
  • If You Were Mine (San Francisco Sullivans, #5; The Sullivans, #5)
  • Come A Little Bit Closer (San Francisco Sullivans, #7; The Sullivans, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (San Francisco Sullivans, #8; The Sullivans, #8)
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe (San Francisco Sullivans, #9; The Sullivans, #9)
  • The Way You Look Tonight (Seattle Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #10)
  • It Must Be Your Love (Seattle Sullivans #3; The Sullivans #11)
“Kindness is incredibly sexy.” 32 likes