Start by marking “The Demon's Head” as Want to Read:
The Demon's Head

The Demon's Head

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The things I do for money…

Faced with the choice of going hungry or getting a real job, I had to wonder which was worse. Then, my luck changed when I heard about this old abandoned temple. Seemed like a simple job. Get in, grab some treasure, and get out of this one-horse town and back to enjoying life.

Of course, there was the small matter of the temple being in the middle
ebook
Published August 24th 2012 by Musa Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Demon's Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Demon's Head

really liked it 4.00  ·

Cloey.k
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Richard C. White knows how to write a story! Wow, I saw what he saw, heard what he heard, and felt what he felt. I was walking in the swamp with him and I didn't even know his name. Yes, you read it correctly... I just read a short story that never mentioned the main character's name and loved it! Who knew. Mr. White captured the essence of the swamp along with the creatures that live there. And wait until you read about the creepy cursed entity waiting for him at the Temple. Some short storie ...more
Sharrice
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

The Demon's Head is a short story about a man who has used his wits to escape dangers time and time again.
When the main character finds himself over hearing two men talk about a temple in the swamps and his small amount of money he knows he needs to find this temple and make off with the treasures so they will last him a long time.
The journey through the swamps isn't an easy one and when he comes out the men are already a head of him. Thinking
Phil Giunta
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun story about a wanted thief who overhears a conversation between two men in a pub about treasure hidden in the ruins of an ancient temple. Our hero decides to follow the pair through dangerous swampland. Once inside the bowels of the temple, there is certainly riches beyond anyone's dreams of avarice, but there is a deadly force on the verge of hatching a devious plan...
Andy Angel
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This short story is a fantasy world set, Indiana Jones style that packs a hell of a lot into its 21 or so pages.
The hero of the story is a thief, down to his last few silvers who hears talk of a temple and treasure in the nearby swamp and decides to have some of the bounty for himself.
The story has huge possibilities for a follow up and I hope to see much more from this author
Kelly
Aug 06, 2019
Travis
marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2019
Richard C. White is the author of the "For a Few Gold Pieces More" collection of dark fantasy short stories being released by Musa Publishing.

Along with writing Fantasy and Science Fiction, Rich has been bitten by the "New Pulp" bug and has several stories coming out by Pro Se Productions in the near future. The first of his, "Notes in the Fog" has been released in the "Charles Boeckman Presents: