Start by marking “Lord of Wicked Intentions (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Wicked Intentions (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #3)

Lord of Wicked Intentions

(The Lost Lords of Pembrook #3)

Only one woman can break through his heart of stone...

Three young heirs, imprisoned by an unscrupulous uncle, escaped—to the sea, to the streets, to faraway battle—awaiting the day when they would return to reclaim their birthright...

Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Wicked Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of Wicked Intentions

Start your review of Lord of Wicked Intentions (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #3)
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Lord of Wicked Intentions wraps up Lorraine Heath’s The Lost Lords of Pembrook trilogy with Rafe’s story, and what a poignant, romantic, passionate, beautifully told story is it!
From the Cover:

Lord Rafe Easton may be of noble blood, but survival taught him to rely only on himself and to love no one. Yet when he sets his eyes on Miss Evelyn Chambers, and earl's illegitimate daughter, he is determined to have her, if only as his mistress.

After her father's death, Evelyn Chambers never imagined
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
Lorraine Heath brings her Lost Lords of Pembrook series to a satisfying conclusion with this emotive, romantic and passionate story.

How I imagine Lord Rafe Easton…

Nothing touched him, nothing bothered him. Nothing mattered.

I have been waiting for Rafe’s story and I knew it would be angsty. He was only ten years old, the youngest and most vulnerable of the three brothers who escaped that night and the one with the deepest emotional scars. His experiences have left him reclusive, cold and cynical;
Addie H
Nov 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
(Tropes: Shitty-ass-forced-proximity, So-bad-for-each-other-opposites-attract)

description

After having really enjoyed the 1st and 2nd book in the series, this took a drastic turn. Rafe is one of my most disliked heroes I have come across in a long while.

People who loved 50 Shades of Grey might enjoy this. For people like me, who hated it, I strongly suggest skipping the 3rd brother of the Lost Lord series.

*****
- He didn’t have to care about her. He wouldn’t care about her. But he could damn well make use
Lisa
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a lovely, heartbreaking, satisfying conclusion to Lorraine Heath's Lost Lords of Pembrook series! At long last we get the story of the youngest brother, Lord Rafe Eason and the woman who breaks down the walls around his heart, Miss Evelyn Chambers. Evelyn is saddened by the death of her father but her half brothers promise to look after her takes a very unexpected turn when he sells her off and after one glimpse, Rafe knows he has to have her...and no one tells him no. Yet when the ...more
Beanbag Love
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in Heath's "Lost Lords of Pembrook" trilogy. I thought it was the best of the three, but I was still a bit dissatisfied in the end.

The trilogy revolves around three brothers: Sebastian, Tristan, and Rafe. Sebastian and Tristan are twins and four years older than Rafe. When the twins were 14 and Rafe was 10 their uncle murdered their father -- the Duke of Pembrook -- and locked the boys in the tower with the intention of killing them as well. Their neighbor friend, Mary,
Lover of Romance
When Evelyn's father dies from a illness that slowly killed him, she has little time to mourn. Her brother, immediately orders her to her room. Then he makes her go to a planned meeting, Evelyn thinking, it is to meet future suitors for marriage. Little does she know that her brother is trying to sell her to the highest bidder as a mistress, not a wife. She gains the attention of Rafe Easton. Rafe's only interest is to settle his debt with Geofrrey, where he see's the most gracious and elegant ...more
Vintage
Very well done Victorian romance with a spunky heroine and a shut-down damaged hero.

Eve is the illegitimate daughter of an Earl. Her father has died and her legitimate, half-brother made a vow to take care of her. He does take care of her just not not in the manner her father was hoping for. Bad brother sets up a party and invites wealthy, skanky men to purview her as mistress material; sweet, naive dumb bunny that she is she thinks it is a pre-courting session. When her brother dumps her at
Heidi Hart
You know how old movies and cartoons sometimes do that thing where there's an angel and a devil perched on a character's shoulders, urging the character in opposing sides of some dilemma? That was me reading this book. As I read, my sensitive-to-feminist-issues better angel kept whimpering, "This is not okay," while the just-caught-in-the-fantasy devil growled, "You're over thinking this. Just feel all the lovely, happy Feelings."

The premise has an off-the-charts high Ick Factor. Evelyn is the
Jess
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

Rafe has been the most standoffish Pembrooke brother, choosing to stay solitary instead of rebuilding relationships with the brothers he’s been separated from for years. He still carries anger over being 10-years old and left behind by his brothers when they had to split up to avoid being killed by their uncle. He thought himself not good enough to be able to go with them and he had a hard, tough time of it. He was 10 and left at a
Kerrelyn Sparks
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when the third brother's story was released! Bravo, Lorraine! It was fabulous! Thoroughly enjoyed it and the entire series!
CaroleDee
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tortured/Scarred heroes and innocent, yet, willful heroines are my favorite kinds of historical romances. Do you have, 'Want to fix him' syndrome? You know what I'm talking about. You just want to take a sledgehammer to that brick wall a guy has placed around his heart because of his tortured past. You want to wrap him in your arms and tell him that even though life sucks sometimes that it's no reason to give up hope! Well, Lorraine's the author for you. I've fallen in love with her Lost Lords ...more
Beth
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lord Rafe Eason is known as a one of the Lost Lords. Spending years missing from society, he has made his fortune as the owner of a gambling establishment He has also experiences years of street life and hardship. Hardening him against his family and all those around him, the virginal Evelyn Chambers scares the heck out of him.

Evelyn Chambers is the illegitimate daughter to nobility. Sheltered from the world by her father, she has no life experience. So when her father suddenly dies and her
Grace Cieleen
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it loved it loved it! This is my first Lorraine Heath read and I must admit that the reason why I picked up this book is because of its beautiful cover but the book itself did not disappoint! My only concern is that this book is actually the third and last in the series and by all means you all know how disappointing that is -- because now I have to tread backwards to read the first two. Oh bollocks!

I must point out that the plot was a first for me so I might have taken some time before
Chandra
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Story Rating 4.5 Stars
Character Rating 4.5 Stars
Romance Rating 4 Stars
Heat Level 3 Stars
Overall Rating 4 Stars

I loved this book! Rafe was the brother I was most excited about, so I was more than ready to read his book when I finally got to it. And, it was great! I did go back and forth on the rating, but decided to settle on 4 stars simply because it was rather predictable. But then again, most historicals are. But, I digress.

description

Rafe and Eve were perfect. They were both viewed as outcasts, but
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Stars

Wow, I binged read the entire series and it was totally worth it. This was my favorite out of the three and he was my least favorite brother.

Rafe has always been curious to me. He’s quit and very standoffish. I never liked his personality, but when you get into this book … wow, everything changes.

I’m glad that the author picked a different storyline, because the first two books were very alike. To me, this has a Beauty and Beast sort of feel.

I also love the narrator and that is one of
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Reminiscent of some of my favorites by Loretta Chase or Anne Mallory, this treasure of a book pulled me in from the very first pages and refused to let me go, even as I turned the final page.

One thing I did want to note was that even though it was obvious early on that this book was part of a series, there was never a time where I felt at a disadvantage for having not read the previous books in the series. I may go
Rachel
May 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
I had a difficult time getting past the situation the heroine, Eve, finds herself in. It would be one thing if the hero genuinely felt like he wanted to save her from being bought up and sold as a sex slave - put the pretense of "mistress" aside, because that implies willingness. Yes, he waited the requisite number of days for Eve to feel comfortable with him, the standard thing for romance heroes to do when they find themselves within a forced or arranged marriage, or some other situation in ...more
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
I love this series!!
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Stars

BR with Aly!!

Before I started the book I thought that Rafe would be my favourite brother and I was absolutely right. Although I liked all of them, I found Rafe extra enticing. Not that I exactly approve of his behaviour towards Evelyn but I just get over it and move on!!

I have many books to review and I'm already bored so you'll have to wait for the re-read for a full review.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 stars for the Lost Lords of Pembrook. I am sorry to see this series end. Lord of Wicked Intentions is the story or Rafe Easton the youngest of the Lost Lords and Evelyn Chambers the illegitimate daughter of The Earl Of Wortham. On his dead bed the makes his legal heir and legitimate son Geoffrey to provide for Evelyn in which he promises to do. However we soon find out that Geoffrey hates Evie. He is selling her to the highest bidder at a private party he is hosting. Rafe Easton was ...more
Elis Madison
This final installment of the Lost Lords trilogy was actually the best of the three, IMO. Probably because almost from the get, I found the hero here, Rafe, the most fascinating of the three brothers. What happened to him after his brothers left him at the workhouse? Why is he so cold? Why can't he stand to be touched? Yeah, I love a mystery.

All is revealed here—and the answers are not what you probably expected.

Evelyn Chambers is the "natural" daughter of the Earl of Wortham. When her mother
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Really wish I could give this one 6 STARS. My first Lorrainee Heath, and I'm definitely a fan already!
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
I Highly Recommend The Trilogy The Lost Lords Of Pembrook. I am so very sorry that "Lord of Wicked Intentions" is the last story in this series. I hope there is a branch off to it!!

Wow what a whirlwind of a romance is the youngest and last Lost Lord Rafe Easton's story. He is paired of with the illegitimate daughter of the Earl of Wortham, Evelyn Chambers. On is death bed the Earl makes his legitimate son and heir Geoffrey to promise him, he will provide for is half sister Evelyn after is death.
Becca
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God, I just read a book in one sitting. I have not done that since the seventh Harry Potter book. I loved this story. Lorraine Heath writes about dark themes that, if written by others, would make me hate the book, but instead, she crafts the characters so expertly that you understand why they do the things they do and you believe in the redemption and happily ever after that comes at the end.

This book, to me, was a Beauty and the Beast story. In fact, if you have watched the Disney movie
Keri
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.75 StarsI knew that Rafe was going to be the most complicated of the brothers and he was. LH did a wonderful job of making us love Rafe and Evelyn. Rafe was so determined to give nothing of himself to Eve, she was going to be nothing but a mistress. But yet how is it that she wanted for nothing, if she even make it looked like she wanted anything it appeared. Rafe tried to so hard to hide his heart, but yet Eve kept breaking into it and stealing pieces of it. I loved this story and wasn't ...more
Nika
Feb 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-no
more like lord of reluctance and repetition constantly prancing one step forward, one step backward. tiresome and utterly uncharming in its boringness.
Cristina
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
It was okay, nothing too exciting.
Avid Booker
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People Who Want Soft But Heartfelt
4.5 stars. It would have been a full five, but there was something that I can't name that was missing for me to absolutely love this book. I wanted to. But I didn't. Perhaps because this was more of an emotional read than I was expecting.

I enjoyed this book a lot. And I didn't get annoyed by the heroine and that's saying a lot for me. In all, this series was very enjoyable and heartwrenching. Perhaps not as serious and deep as The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1) by Kerrigan Byrne , but it was a lighter version.

Rafe, our hero, is a gaming club
Jen Davis
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say that I have liked all three installments of the Lost Lords of Pembrook. And while this book wasn't my favorite of the three, I still enjoyed it. As with the books featuring his brothers, Rafe's story delivers on the recurring elements of a tortured hero and a love that helps him find peace and redemption.

Rafe is the youngest Easton brother, the one who was left behind in a workhouse after his uncle killed his father. His life there --and later, on the streets-- has turned him into
Bubu
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: hr, 3-stars
I must be picking the wrong books by Lorraine Heath, seeing how popular she is. Again, as with Falling Into Bed with a Duke, I appreciate her talent as a writer. It is well written, enough to keep me going, but her heroes...boring!!

Lord Rafe Easton is all right, as long as he doesn't think about his supposedly non-existent feelings for Eve. That's pretty much whenever he's interacting with anyone but Eve, actually. His feelings are so obvious, and yet, I had to read chapter after chapter how
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 27, 2015 11:56AM

• One Night Is Never Enough (Secrets, #2)
  • To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • Dearest Rogue (Maiden Lane, #8)
  • Love and Other Scandals (Scandalous, #1)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin (The Debutante Files, #1)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
  • To Seduce A Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2)
  • Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
  • What the Duke Desires  (The Duke's Men, #1)
  • Suddenly You
  • A Beastly Kind of Earl (Longhope Abbey, #2)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor during

The Lost Lords of Pembrook (3 books)
  • She Tempts the Duke (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #1)
  • Lord of Temptation (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2)
“In all likelihood he would eventually destroy her, unless he found the strength to let her go.” 1 likes
“You said you wouldn't bed me tonight." Her voice sounded small, fearful. She hated it.
"I'm not. I'm merely going to help you to your feet."
She placed her hand in his. Hers seemed so tiny, and when he closed his fingers around it, she was incredibly aware that he could easily break her with very little effort. She was surprised by the coarseness of his flesh. These were not the hands of a gentleman. He drew her up, then expertly moved her arm behind her back, somehow snagging her other wrist until both were held within his firm grasp. With his free hand, he cradled her face, stroked her cheek with his thumb.
"You will learn to do things as I like them done," he said softly, in a voice that promised pleasures. His eyes captured and held hers, and she thought that even if he wasn't holding her, she'd not have been able to break away. "I have particular needs. The first is that you are never to wrap your arms around me."
"Why not?" she whispered.
"Because it's what I require." He lowered his lips to hers, and she realized that if he hadn't manacled her wrists that her arms would have twined about him of their own accord, simply to ensure that she remained standing when her knees grew so weak.
His tongue toyed with her mouth, painting it, outlining it as though he wanted to be intimately familiar with it. Then he was urging her lips apart and delving into the depths of her mouth with an urgency that astounded her. He might not like her, but it was becoming plain enough rather quickly that he was quite fond of her mouth. He explored every inch of it, every nook, every cranny, every hidden corner. When she dared to meet the thrust of his tongue with a thrust of her own, he groaned low and pressed her against his broad chest. Through the thin linen of his shirt and the maid's well-worn nightly attire, she could feel the thudding of his heart, sense its increase in tempo.
When she tried to break free of his hold, his hand clamped harder on her wrists, just shy of causing pain.”
0 likes