Start by marking “Playing at Love (Perfect Kisses, #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing at Love (Perfect Kisses, #1)

Playing at Love (Perfect Kisses #1)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  516 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Show choir teacher Tess Johansson loves three things: music, her job, and sharing that passion with her students. But when a school budget crisis forces funding to be pulled from either the sports or music programs, she finds herself going head to head with Jack, the gorgeous new football coach who broke her heart fifteen years ago.

Jack Marshall wants two things: to be clo
Published September 25th 2012 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss) (first published September 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Playing at Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing at Love

Kissing Kendall by Jennifer ShirkKissing the Maid of Honor by Robin BielmanFiance by Fate by Jennifer ShirkThe Practice Proposal by Tracy MarchBlame it on the Kiss by Robin Bielman
Bliss Collection
104 books — 96 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellVanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnRules of Entanglement by Gina L. Maxwell
Entangled Books
342 books — 325 voters

More lists with this book...

Ginger
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, love, entangled
I started this book last night...and I finished this book last night! It was addicting and I simply could not put it down. The characters are engaging and I fell in love with them immediately. The author kept giving you a piece of chocolate and not the whole candy bar and so the pages flew by.

I could completely identify with Tess and the feelings she voiced of "I want to but I shouldn't". This book brought back memories of when I was falling in love with my husband and the feelings you feel when
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads

Second Chances are rare and are gained. Second chances happen for a reason and that second chance might be a better start and a better way than the first...

Tess and Jackson met each other one summer of their teens, but on a very important night Jack stood up and left Tess and she still hold that memory up to this very moment. After years, Jack came back to her life -not to be with Tess- but to be the new football coach to the school where' she’s the choir teacher. Sparks fly instantly then they
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

I always worry when I read a new to me author if I’ll enjoy her (or his) work, and I’ll admit I’m kind of choosy about who I read. However, the synopsis of this book sold me on it and I am so glad I asked to review it. Ophelia London has written a fantastic romance story filled with lots of steam between two people with a history who are both trying to save their jobs.

I swear this story could have been ripped from the headlines all a
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
So..... I really really liked this book! I am usually a little iffy about the Bliss books, but I always like them... I don't know why but I must get amnesia every time I pick a new one up. I am always iffy because I know they don't have the "steamy sexy stuff" in them. Don't get me wrong - they are AWESOME and always full of steaminess just not the normal stuff I'm used to really loving from Entangled. Ok... now that I've kind of confused everyone with my ramblings - but - I will say this - this ...more
Nancy
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a really sweet story about a high school choir director and a football coach. I fell in love with the characters right away, and had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen next. I'm already anxiously awaiting the next book in the series!
Cindi
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this fun book! Great characters and the concept was so much fun. I could feel the heat between Tess & Jack, and was cheering for them all the way up to the end. And oh that ending! It had me reading with a big happy smile on my face.
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I saw this new Bliss title, I jumped at the chance to read it. It has my favorite trope – you guessed it – second chances at love. I just can’t resist that one, so as I settled into my seat for the flight back from OKC, I started gobbling up this book. It is a sweet romance, with rapid pacing and fun characters.

Tess loves her job as the show choir teacher at Franklin High. She loves mentoring her students and pushing them to be the best they can be. When her job is threatened due to budget
İnci Puyan
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

Imm.... eğlenceli... romantik... rekabet dolu... gülümseten... bazen güldüren... çoğunlukla kalbi pır pır ettiren bir kitapmış "Bıraktığın Yerde Bekler mi Aşk?". Böylesine romantik komedi tadında bir kitap beklemiyordum. Diyerek yorumuma başlıyorum :)

Ophelia London, akıcı ve eğlenceli bir kurguyu kaleme almış. Çeviri de güzel olunca kitap kısa sürece bitiyor. Yazarın ülkemizde yayınlanan ilk kitabı ve kitabın instagramdan paylaştığım resmini görünce oldukç
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed at: HarlequinJunkie.com

First I have to say that I love the title. It’s a wonderful play of words considering the professions of the main characters.

Tess and Jack met when they were 16 years old. He was her first love and the first one to break her heart. Now 15 years later, they meet again during the first day of class during the faculty meeting. She is the show choir teacher and he is the new football coach.

Unfortunately this will not be a good start to their reunion. She cannot forg
Kassiah
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
4-1/2 stars.

This book made me fall in love with Ophelia London. I love football, and I love second chance romance, so I couldn't wait to grab this book. I loved Jack *swoonyeyes* and really liked Tess. I loved their history and the sparks that were flying between them. Playing at Love was fast-paced, sweet and fun, and I can't wait to read all of Ophelia London's books.

For more reviews and bookish talk, visit our blog at Pretty Sassy Cool
Pretty Sassy Cool Book Reviews and More
Julianne
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story is a sweet and sexy romance that is clean but not prude. I like a little heat but not the trash and Tess and Jack were steamy enough! The story kept a good pace and you really want to figure out how they overcome their adversity.
It's a great weekend read that is relatable and believable - no over-the-top characters that are too much imagination and not enough substance. I do wish, though, that we saw a little more of Mac's sassy personality.
Will definitely read Ophelia London's next
Amy
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a high school choir director and a coach who had a fling in highschool and run back into each other when they end up teaching a the same school. Cute read with great characters. She tied some things up but left us hanging on others so I can't wait to read the next one and find out what happens.
Jen
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fun, sweet romance. The characters are likable and very relatable. The author's attention to visual detail made it easy to picture the story in my mind. And the chemistry between the main characters is undeniable. I'm looking forward to Ophelia London's next book!
Lori Leavitt
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a fun read! I really loved the characters and story line. Being a teacher myself and being married to a teacher brought back so many fun memories of falling in love while teaching school! Who doesn't love football and music? What a combination! Can't wait to book two!
Sherry
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It kept my interest throughout the entire book and brought me through several emotions, crying, laughing, guessing.....Great book!
Brendon
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Such a sweet love story with interesting, likable characters and just enough steaminess. I can't wait to read the next one!
Prerana
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
So cute!!!!!!!!!! But what happens in the end?

Loved it!
Ophelia London
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I had to add my own book, right?
Yazmin
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For my full review on this book please click on the link below. :)

Lacey Wolfe
Amerikan filmi tadında.
Paige
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own, nook, 2012-books
PLAYING AT LOVE felt pretty basic. It really took me a while to get into the mood of wanting to read and it became one of those books that you just want to finish and move on. I didn’t feel any great passion between the characters and the skipped/ fade out scenes didn’t help.

When the new football coach Jack Marshal and head music teacher Tess Johansson get the news that one of their programs will be cut by November and given on the dot instructions on what will save their program (no more than
Çisem
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Jack ve Tess 15 sene önce o yaşlarına göre büyük bir aşk yaşamışlar fakat bu ilişkinin sonu Jack'in bir haber bile vermeden Tess'i terk etmesi ile olmuştur. Yıllar sonra Jack bu kasabaya geri döner ve kasabanın lisesinde koçluğa başlar fakat önünde bir engel vardır: bütçe kesintisi. Tess ve korosu ya da Jack ve futbol takımı yeterli bütçe olmadığından kaldırılacaktır ve bu yüzden yıllar önce birbirine aşık bu ikili karşı karşıya gelirler ve olaylar gelişir
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I thought this was a cute read. I liked the lost-love angel as well as the competition between their two programs. Although, I'm not sure a HS would really consider cutting either of its most popular programs. They're popular for a reason and it wouldn't make sense to cut them. Anyway, I thought the characters were likable and enjoyed their story. I did get a tad bored with the football/chorus parts, but that's probably just me.

I do have two things I needed to vent about. First, it bugs me in t
Bette Stanek
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a cute, quick, and entertaining read featuring the age-old dilemma of what program to cut when a school runs into financial trouble, football or music? It also pits two teachers against one another who have a history.

Jack is the new football coach at Franklin High. The entire town has put their hopes in him to bring back their football program from the brink of disaster. He had several other jobs to choose from, but he chose FHS in order to be closer to his eight-year-old daughter. Turn
Linda
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
OMG! I loved this sweet, sexy romance!

Tess, our heroine, is a high school music teacher. She has the worst luck with men as every one of them has run out on her. On the 1st day of school, Tess locks eyes with a sexy guy who looks real familiar but who is new to their teacher huddle. When she finds out that he is the football coach and that he was the 1st love of her life who broke her heart, she knew she needed to steer clear of him.

Jack, our hero, is the new football coach at Franklin. On the
J
Oct 29, 2013 rated it liked it
A light "fluff" read for me that just didn't quite make the grade. A nice story about a second chance at love between two teachers who's school has put them in a competition to keep their programs (he, football; she, Glee type choir) at the high school. One of the programs will be cut because of budget problems.

The teachers were originally teenage sweethearts for a summer but he left her and broke her heart. They meet again when he becomes the football coach at the school she has worked at for y
Kathy
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Cute!

Content: Adult Romance but on the cleaner side of Entangled's Bliss line. Implied sex, a couple instances of mild language but nothing graphic or crude. Wish all Bliss titles were like this one.
Mindy
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great story with great characters. A fun, quick read. Full review coming to www.minreadsandreviews.blogspot.com.
Mulva?
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved this book. so cute, so fun... can't wait until the movie :)!!!!
  • Real Men Don't Break Hearts (Real Men, #1)
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Lucky Break (Shamrock Falls, #1)
  • Fake Fiance, Real Revenge (Three River Ranch, #3)
  • Construction Beauty Queen (Small Town, Big Dreams, #1)
  • Sugar Rush
  • Kissing the Maid of Honor (Secret Wishes, #1)
  • Hometown Love: A Bliss Bundle
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Desire by Design
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)
  • Act Like You Love Me (Accidentally in Love, #2)
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Tempted in the Tropics (Suddenly Smitten, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Ophelia London was born and raised among the redwood trees in beautiful northern California. Once she was fully educated, she decided to settle in Florida, but her car broke down in Texas and she’s lived in Dallas ever since. A cupcake and treadmill aficionado (obviously those things are connected), she spends her time watching arthouse movies and impossibly trashy TV, ...more
More about Ophelia London...

Perfect Kisses (4 books)
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • Falling for Her Soldier (Perfect Kisses, #3)
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)