Start by marking “Warpaint (Apocalypsis, #2)” as Want to Read:
Warpaint (Apocalypsis, #2)

Warpaint

(Apocalypsis #2)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  1,369 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR, ELLE CASEY, brings readers Book 2 of 4 in the YA Dystopian APOCALYPSIS Series, suitable for older teens and adults.

WARPAINT
My name’s Bryn Mathis. I’m seventeen years old, and I live in Kahayatle, otherwise known as The Everglades. I’m here with my three best friends and a tribe of Native American teens, because my dad died
ebook, 1st, 378 pages
Published July 31st 2012 (first published July 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Warpaint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warpaint

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**4.25 I love Bodo Stars**

OK...so I said in my previous review that this is Young Adult and I was going to veer away from it...but shit if I ain't hooked and can't stop.

I absolutely LOVE Bodo with his sense of humor and German accent!

I found myself connecting with all the characters easier in this one and it flew by the time I was done.

Want to know what totally pissed me off though?

F-ing CLIFFHANGER!

Off to the next one!
Meaghan
I felt about the same about this one as I did the first one. Nothing overly surprised me in this one and I felt like it may have suffered some bouts of middle book syndrome. From the first book, we know the canners are out there, we know Bryn and Bodo like each other, and we know that Bryn is going to be teaching the kids at Kahayatle how to fight. The first about 75% was her and Bodo getting into a relationship and her training the kids to fight, then there was about 10% of planning to take out ...more
Tiffany Loves Books
As many of you know I read and enjoyed Apocalypsis Book 1. So I anxiously jumped on it's sequel. Did I have expectations? Absolutely. I was expecting some more full out laughs, a lot of action and to see more of what appeared to be a budding romance. Well, Casey does not disappoint.

Warpaint picks up where Kahayatle left off. Bryn and her family of four have found a home in the safety of the Kahayatle or in English: the Everglades. They have become friends with it's natives but now have more on t
Jenna
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-favorites
I love this series, I feel bad tough that I can't write a decent review I read all the book in two or three days and can't keep the story lines apart. I freaking love the characters.
Jamie
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every single time that I think that Elle Casey's books just can't get any better I read another one and I'm completely blown away. I have to admit that I go into each one of Mrs. Casey's books with very high standards based upon her previous works and she never fails to not only meet those standards but to exceed them. And not just by a little bit either. If I could give this book 10 stars I would do it in a heart beat. Her deep characters continue to grow and gain even more depth. The storyline ...more
Kitlina
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW
I mean WOW
And I should mention that you are the worst kind of cliffhanger author I have ever read. Gould thing I have the next book in my kindle because otherwise I would have gone cray cray.
I love how all the characters have grown and are showing even more personality.
I admire Bryn very much. She's my kind of gal :)
I am not in love with Bodo, although I really like him. Must be the name. I don't take seriously somebody with the name Bodo for some reason, I don't know why.
And I am going to sp
Jenny
This is my second time reading this series, and again as soon as I finished book 1 I was straight onto book 2, now I've just finished book 2 and I'm straight onto book 3!
Pretty hard not too with that ending
Kim
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh on the edge of my seat through the last 20% of this one and it ended on a cliffhanger. Thankfully I started reading the series after the entire thing has been written.
Laura Oliver
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
Elaine
Elle Casey's humour continues to surprise me. oh wait there is sex scene?? I thought this is a YA book.
Jennifer Newman
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to see what happens next!
Darlene
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book of the series. Even better than the 2nd book. Loved it
Deborah
Not quite as good as book 1 but still well worth reading
Annette Murray
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this whole series (4 books). No zombies for a change! But plenty of action and cool characters, all teenagers but they're still awesome ;-)
Emily
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 my favorite of the series.
Tammie Burke
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story
Anna Jakson
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow it was so good, but another cliffhanger? Really?
Terri Baldwin
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Bryn, Peter, and Bodo in the first book. When they reached the “safety” of Kahayatle (the Everglades), I was so happy that they had survived their journey. Of course, the cliff hanger ending in book one made me need to read book two right away! Elle Casey is a pro at ending books with cliffhangers, or as I like to call it in the case of my kindle, a digital sucker punch!

I love how the relationship between Bryn and Bodo grows. The secret that he’s been holding out on is finally
Leeland Artra
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I picked up Elle Casey’s book Kahayatle (Apocalypsis #1) to return some of the good karma she had bestowed on me. She is very supportive freely giving me really good and sincere advice for my first dive into the world of Indie authoring. I had not read any of the current Young Adult genre books (my experiences with that genre essentially end with devouring the Hardy Boys Mysteries). As I said in my review of that book it was an eye opening experience and I was hooked.

Warpaint (Apocalypsis #2) wi
Lisa Ann
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Elle Casey has created a most remarkable post-epidemic world, where only teenagers are left to inherit the earth and all the good and bad things that come with that. Our main character, Bryn, is a heroine the likes of Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) or Clary Fray (City of Bones). She is strong in character, she knows who she is, yet she has flaws, she is just trying to survive in her new reality and do so in line with her morals and conscious. I love sharing this kind of book with young adul ...more
Tina
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Apocalypsis is Book Two in the Warpaint series. The series is post apocalyptic. All of the adults have died off, leaving kids and teenagers to run the world. Some of the teens have turned into animals and have started eating other people. The author doesn't get into graphic detail, but the thought if it is pretty messed up. It reminds me of a teen version of The Walking Dead, without all the graphic violence.

Brynn and her new family Bodo- the bubbly yet mysterious German, Peter- the sassy, tiny
Michele Jordan
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This being the 2nd book I'm totally hooked on this series. Bryn is an ass kicking smart teenager whom everyone is looking up to to save them from the canners. She now by the end of this book doesn't know where Bodo is! Is he alive and captured by the canners and is going to be dinner? Or is he dead? Which is the worse outcome for Bryn and for Bodo? Yes, she saved the kids from the canners mansion but she lost Bodo. Bodo the first love of her life. What is she going to do now? When her and Peter ...more
Richie Soares
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Authentic! Warpaint is like a dose of freshness!

99% about this book was near perfect, with action, actually funny and original humor, young love romance, and even sadness. Elle Casey is infamous with cliffhangers, though, so new beware. Even so, she still concludes the story answering most questions and with everything seemingly coming together at the end, even with the cliffhanger to make you buy the next book. I did expect the ending to occur, but not in exactly that; sorry I cannot say more w
Andrea Norton
Warpaint picks up right where we left off. If you haven't read the first book, please note that spoilers are ahead.

It's time to go after the Canners, the cannibalistic teenagers in a house not far from the swamp where Bryn and her friends now live. The Canners are holding kids hostage, in a meat locker of sorts, and cutting off their limbs one at a time. The kids are in different states of life: some missing one limb... and some with no limbs at all.

This book focuses on Bryn, Peter and Bodo gett
Allie Arana
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first book

I almost did not continue reading the series because the first book was ok, mostly mediocre but the story picked up towards the end. Therefore I decided to read the sequel which is a vast improvement. I think the first book spent too many chapters on details and descriptions that seemed irrelevant or the author didn't do a good job in seamlessly incorporating the importance of those details. However the end was good enough to continue to this book and I'm glad that I di
Kelly
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Warpaint was a really great followup to the first book in the series.

The characters showed a wonderful scope of growth and development from the first book. You could truly see that their journey had changed them, and I think overall they are better for it. Even more than that though, you could also see them grow further during this book as they put aside their preconceived notions. That alone helped push this book to the 5 star marks.

The plot continues where the first book left off. If you've r
April W
This second book in the Apocalypsis series and picks up right where the first one leaves off. Like the first book it's definitely a page turner that I had a hard time putting down. As a result I finished it pretty quickly and therefore was disappointed there wasn't more to the book (really my only complaint). So we continue to follow Bryn and her new family's story along with their new friends of Kahayatle as they train and prepare to rescue the kids being held and used by the Canners. We also g ...more
T. Jackson
I haven't given enough credit to this series of books. I love the humor that seems to pop out of nowhere. I found myself laughing my butt off in certain places; then crying in others.
The only things about this book I didn't really like is the way the main character, Byrn, seemed too full of herself. I mean I have known people that are lifetime martial arts people. Never once have I ever heard them strutting around, picking fights, or taking their frustration and anger out by engaging other peop
Debi Domby
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series

I have laughed with these characters & in the end.... No spoilers. I will tell you book 1 & 2 are Clift hangers of sorts.... You get s bit of a conclusion but the next book is picking up.

I can't say much it might be a spoiler ... I like how the characters interact and how they grow ... With just enough snarky remarks. The characters are believable in relation to the story...

You do have to start with book 1 or none of this makes sense to the underlying struggles & r
Olivia
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This book surprised me by being much better than the first one in the series. However, there is still so much wrong with it. Not sure who edited these stories, but the grammatical errors are distracting.

This book had enough action and plot to make it readable. The ending was a little bit of a letdown.. The entire book is building up this big war against the canners & then it ended rather abruptly. I'm sure the third book will pick up where this one left off... And I'm sucker enough to keep g
David Estes Fans ...: Warpaint Buddy Read 7 7 Jun 07, 2013 09:52AM
David Estes Fans ...: Warpaint Buddy Read 2 7 May 24, 2013 04:37PM
  • The Future Without Hope (The World Without End #3)
  • Love and Decay, Episode Nine (Love and Decay, #9)
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • Broken Stories (Broken World, #0.5)
  • Ten Days
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)
  • Deathly Contagious (The Contagium #2)
  • Spellbound (Timeless Trilogy #2)
  • The Turn
  • Writing on the Wall (Survival, #1)
  • They Feed: Bloodborne
  • Where We Stand (Life After War, #6)
  • Varick: The Reluctant
Elle Casey, a former attorney and teacher, is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling American author who lives in France with her husband, the youngest of her three kids, and several horses, dogs, and cats. She has written more than 40 novels in less than 5 years and likes to say she offers fiction in several flavors. These flavors include romance, science fiction, urban fantasy, action advent ...more

Apocalypsis (4 books)
  • Kahayatle (Apocalypsis, #1)
  • Exodus (Apocalypsis, #3)
  • Haven (Apocalypsis, #4)
“Buster went bananas, running over to Paci and jumping up on his legs, begging for attention.   Paci didn’t disappoint him, either.   He bent down and baby-talked with Buster, like he was an old hand at it.

I smiled in amusement.   Paci was no wimp.   He was almost as big as Bodo and ripped to the max.   He had zero body fat, so Peter and I were able to admire his every muscle, which I noticed Peter was doing with unabashed curiosity.   I caught his attention and raised my eyebrows at him in a conspiratorial message of mutual admiration.   He smiled in return, giving me a pitiful wink that made him look like he had something stuck in both eyes.   It made me laugh.

Paci looked up at me.   “Something strike you as funny?”

“Yeah.   You baby-talking to a nude poodle.”
6 likes
“I think he likes you.”

I watched Paci join the others, noticing that he was still glancing at me occasionally, and watching other guys who were looking over at Peter and me.

“Really?”

“Yeah.   He keeps watching you.   Once he heard Bodo wasn’t your boyfriend, he was all over that.”

I sighed.   “Shit.”

“Yeah.   Exactly.   You’d better not go around advertising you’re single.   There’s not a hell of a lot of available jawbreakers if you know what I mean.”

My mind raced with the implications.   It was stupid of me not to have been thinking about all this stuff before.   I guess I was so wrapped up in finding food to eat, a place to live, and companions who wouldn’t eat me, I hadn’t much considered the other human needs, other than on the most basic level.   God, I hope there are no rapists in this group.   The last thing I wanted to do was kill a guy in the swamp.”
5 likes