Start by marking “The Claiming Words” as Want to Read:
The Claiming Words

The Claiming Words

(The Claiming Words #1)

The Alexanders have always kept their secrets hidden…

When sixteen-year-old Jace Alexander moves to the small town of Oaktree, Georgia, he attracts the attention of every girl in school. Shy, introverted Alisa Cole immediately casts Jace in the leading role of her latest fantasy, but she assumes he’ll never return her interest. After she saves Jace from a Hunter, everything
Published September 6th 2012 by Iconic Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Claiming Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Claiming Words

Lex
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries, magic, paranormal
Originally posted in my blog

The Claiming Words left me speechless. In all honesty, I was having doubts if I would like it but when I started reading it, I was sucked into the world of Demons, Hunters, Magic and Warriors. I was like, holy crap! I was grinning from ear to ear, I feel like an idiot smiling to myself. It is all worth it!

This book was written from two POVs. Alisa and Rachel. If I will choose who I liked the most, it'll be Alisa. I really like her. Her character really develops slowly
Rachel's Book Reviews
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dude.

I wanna take Tricia by the arms and shake her while saying

"I LOVE YOU LADY!!!"

I'll admit, I was really cautious! I've read about five books this week and every single one of them was a winner...and you know, bloggers some times get that 'book high'....that moment that you know a book is so glorious there is no possible way the next book will even come close to measure up...

At first, I wasn't so sure....

then I was like...

photo tumblr_lk57jajQ201qen4yd_zps16d0b5aa.gif

So....after I read it, I did a rare thing and immediately checked fo
Diana
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I highly recommend reading this book by a new author. It is well written with a sense of humor. The story is a coming of age story set among a family of witches who protect us all, demons, watchers and romance. This is a wonderful YA book for readers from 12-120 years old.
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog, young-adult
Amy Metz
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Alexanders have a secret. Jace’s family is not exactly your normal, everyday, run of the mill family. They have certain supernatural gifts that make them very special. Jace’s girlfriend soon learns she has something in common with the Alexanders, and Jace’s best friend is taken into their confidences when she saves Jace from an attack from a Hunter.

As if keeping a secret of who they really are from the rest of the world, and trying to stay alive and out of the clutches of evil isn’t enough
Iris
Originally Reviewed at Witchmag's Boekenplank

I’m a bit thorn about this book. The reason? While I liked reading the book, it felt like I was reading two books instead of one, which I liked not so much. And why did I feel this way? Because the story is told through the eyes of both Alisa and Rachel. And the switch between their viewpoints can cause clashes with your feelings. It’s entirely possible to be squealing from the cuteness of Alisa and Bryce and the next thing you know you’re Rachel and
Meganm922
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed The Claiming Words quite a bit. The story was fascinating and I thought it was interesting to have the points of view of Alisa and Rachel when neither were quite close to each other. I suppose I’m used to dual narratives involved love interests or friends and it was different to see Alisa’s and Rachel’s story overlap one another the way they did. Both characters were completely different and held a tiny bit of animosity towards each other in the beginning.

The Claiming Words was a story
Carrie
*Warning slight spoilers*

First of all I would like to say thank you to Tricia Drammeh for this copy of The Claiming Words, given in exchange for an honest review.

There is potential for this book, people will like it, but sad to say I was not one of them. Don't get me wrong I didn't hate it, there are parts I didn't mind, I like Bryce, I like Alisa.

The Claiming Words is told from the point of view of two characters, Rachel and Alisa. When reading the two it felt like I was reading two different
April
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review as posted on My Paranormal Book Review...

The Claiming Words is a fast paced Young Adult Paranormal Romance. Drammeh details a world with Magic within our own world. The story is told between the POV of Rachel and Alisa. First, Alisa exhibits low self-esteem through years of bullying by her peers, especially her cousin. She meets Jace and her world begins to change. After saving Jace from an attack by a hunter, Alisa is thrust into a world of magic. Alisa and Jace quickly become best frien
Jamie
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
To start, let me say that I did like this book, but I didn’t love it. The writing, the plot, and three-dimensional characters were all there. Yet, this book was a tough read for me to get through and it’s hard to pin down exactly why. I think the main reason was the split point of view. It’s almost like watching Finding Nemo… you care about Nemo in the tank (at the dentist’s office) but you really want to get back to Dory and laughing your head off.

In The Claiming Words, I really liked Alisa’
Lisa Rooney
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read! I finished it in two days. I love books that do not mess around, you get right into the action the story line from the get go, no messing around! I hope the author is a fast writer because I'm really excited to where it is going and what happens to the characters from here.

Normally I do not like books that end without completely tying up one story line and moving onto the other as a cliff hanger, but for some reason this was left just right. It left me with enough informa
Victoria Barrow
I read a crap ton of urban/contemporary fantasy, and it all kind of blends together after a while; I can honestly say that Claiming Words stands out among its competitors.

It's unique take on a magical system is refreshing, and as much as I love the magic stuff, the romance is just as alluring, if not more so. It strikes a nice balance between the over-arching plot, and the delicious little romantic sub plots. They blend together nicely.

I can always tell when I'm going to fall in love with a book
Michel Prince
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In the Claiming Words you have Alisa and Rachel both telling their own love story. Who doesn't love having two for one? Both on different paths that brings them to the Alexander's door you have two young girls that have to grow into themselves and find the Alexander family the perfect nurturing environment to do this. Tricia writes the tale of a family of witches with demons and magic reeking havoc on the their life...oh yeah and then you have finals and curfews and the jerky teenagers trying to ...more
Suka Babe
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Claiming Words - this was a fairly fast read. I was a little taken back as I wasn't sure who the main character was and what the story was really about until 70 percent read. Maybe I was put out by the two female leads, not sure. Don't get me wrong the storyline was interesting and kept me invested to keep reading. I think I just liked reading Alisa's POV as she grew in confidence and in character, where as Rachel's character didn't really evolve, I guess that would be in the next book.

Gregory Hart
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book by the author for my birthday last year. when I began reading it, I couldn't put the book down. The main characters felt real and believable to me. I had felt as if I stepped out of the real world and into their world. It showed the struggles between the characters. If you like magic and interacial romance as well as reading young adult books, then I highly suggest that you read this book by Tricia Drammeh.
M.A. McRae
This fantasy story was immediately engaging and had my full involvement from the opening sentence. Demons, Hunters, Wicthes – they’re all there and all wrapped up with teenagers looking for love. I liked it very much.
Lynelle Clark
If you are into magic and witches this would be the book for you.
We are introduced to two female characters, both seventeen years old still trying to understand the normal day to day stuff but confronted with Demons and Hunters that wants to abducts Rachel and kill the Alexander family. A family that for generations were a mix between Fae and Witches, with a strong heritage. Already they have lost one son because of this on going animosity between the Demons and Witches. Their world filled with
Dianne
How many new twists on Young Adult Paranormal Romances can there be? Who knows!!! What I DO know is Tricia Drammeh can proudly add The Claiming Words to the top of both the Fresh and the New-Twist lists! Written from two POVs, the reader is drawn into the story completely, living inside the heads of two very different teen girls, Alisa and Rachel. Alisa was an outsider, lonely and insecure with no friends, thanks to her cousin Becky, who goes out of her way to make Alisa’s life miserable both at ...more
Justine
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed is book! I felt like it had a fresh storyline about how witches are descended from the Fae, it made things very interesting. Also I enjoyed the demon presence in the novel. The story kept me interested with all of the action and mystery, but the real reason that I loved this book was the romance. Yes I said it the romance. It was so cute! I would have given this book 5 stars but the editing was not up t ...more
Melissa
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Thank you, Ms. Drammeh for providing me a copy in exchange for a review.

The summary had such great promise, but sadly it wasn't meant for me. To start off, the idea of the book sounds really good and had me wondering lots of different things. So, why didn't it work for me?

The writing was sophisticated as can be (for the genre, age, etc...) and the characters definitely were developed and not two-dimensional, but I felt things were a bit vague in the beginning. Maybe the feeling of wonder I had i
Lisa Wiedmeier
I was given the privilege to read Tricia's work when it was still in its draft stage, I loved it then and I love it even better now. Tricia's style of writing is smooth and flows very well. I find myself disappearing inside her work and bother to come out to reality.

If you're looking for a new read, this is it for you. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.
Lisa Wiedmeier
Brian Provan
May 05, 2013
Derick Smith
Jan 22, 2013
Tricia Drammeh is a wife and mother of four children who lives in New Hampshire. Her published works include The Fifth Circle, The Seance, Better than Perfect, and the Spellbringers series. She is currently working on her ninth novel. When Tricia isn't writing, she can be found hanging out with her dog, devouring books, or drinking record-setting amounts of coffee.