Start by marking “Big Sky” as Want to Read:
Big Sky

Big Sky

Veronica Cason lives in a small apartment with no clear view of the sky. It’s uncertain which might crush her first: her debt or the buildings squeezed in so tight that they surround her like ominous sentinels. She can’t breathe in the city. Her success is a lie, and her debt is coming to collect her—unless someone else gets there first.

When a stranger offers her a job at
Published September 22nd 2012 by Burlesque Press

To ask other readers questions about Big Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Sky

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,102 books — 3,494 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
1,396 books — 2,362 voters

More lists with this book...

~ Becs ~
Which door is the tiger behind?

First a warning – this is Dark erotica with a big old capital D and you should be aware of that before you embark on this one. If issues of dubious consent and all that goes with it are going to be an issue for you, don’t even consider reading it. It is intended for a mature adult audience.

Personally though, I love dark erotica – I love books that push my boundaries, books that shock me and force me to curl my toes in a kind of fascinated disgust and Big Sky most d
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars!

description

Oddly arousing but disturbing to the nth degree, Big Sky is a boundary-pushing, vomit-inducing, WTF-was-that!!! kind of book. It’s twisted, it’s kinky, and it’s downright filthy.

For someone who’s so independent and haughty, Veronica just can’t stop spending money and has accumulated over $200,000 in debt. And she thinks she's all that...

description

What a smartie. Anyways, she’s fired from her job, evicted from her apartment and has nowhere to go when all of a sudden, she meets Luke and he offers he
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust by: Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
Wow, that was udderly crazy .. .

. . . ..Nuff said. :-)
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

KITTY THOMAS MARATHON!

** 4,5-5 STARS **

“Please what, princess? Please stop? Please keep going? Please treat me like the livestock I am? (...) You’re going to give me milk like a good little animal, aren’t you?”

description

Holy f*ck. That was disturbing.

I LOVED IT!
Vivian
May 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
How much do I dislike this book? Let me count the ways...

1. The "heroine", Veronica, is so incompetent and disassociated from herself and her surroundings that she inspires nothing but contempt.

2. The "hero", Luke, is equally as mental as Ronnie and disappointingly never managed to snap enough to kill her. Talk about let down.

3. The 70s bodice-ripper attitude of "Please...please...no...no--orgasm". If you can't accept your own desires, you don't deserve good sex.

4. The utterly misguided/moronic
Pam
4 mindfucking stars
Just give in. Whatever he wants. Just do it.

Ronnie once had it all, the perfect job and home, but her need for useless things brought her perfect little world crashing down. Now jobless, homeless and utterly alone, she is taken against her will to a place where the sky is big and blue, and a man who makes all the rules.
No family. No friends. No one to miss her.

What can she do, run & scream? and where will she go, she has nothing...at least with him she has a roof
´*•.¸(*•.¸♥Laura♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: OH! They know who they are. Tracy and Kelleanne
I’m kind of at a loss for words.
Did I hate it? Yup.
Did I love it? Yup.

So this will work for now until I can figure it all out.

In a few short moments of reading:
Now this is getting interesting!

Whoop! Here we go!!

Hmmm, where is this going?

OK. So, WHAT is this guy's damage!?!?

A little over half way thru ! I was like umm, say what now?

Oh then I went to full blown:

But quickly went to a stronger reaction of : Aw Hell No!

The End:

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BDSM fantasy lovers
Veronica aka Ronnie is an advertising executive who is shallow, spiteful, insecure and beyond vain. Honestly, other than her looks, she's a worthless excuse of a human. She earns a wage of 6 figures yet she's in hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and she's homeless. How is this possible? This is obviously a woman who wasn't spanked as a child and has absolutely no impulse control. I can't stand people like this; I want to smack them upside the head - repeatedly.

She hits rock bottom and wha
Aleatha Romig
When I need a break from reality, I can always count on Kitty Thomas to give it to me! This wasn't as dark as some of her books--which is neither good or bad. I love her writing, and how she can totally capture me in her world. If you like erotic with a hint of dark...I recommend all of her books!
Julz
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
I’d give it more *’s if I could. I loved this story, and am already planning on re-reading it.
It’s just got everything I love; all my fantasies were brought together here, in this one book, and then some.

There is a gorgeous, dirty, bad, tough, strong, never-changing and kinky as hell, Alp; swoon. But he also isn’t fussed as to who gets a piece of the ‘action’ either. If this bothers you, don’t read this book. He is one scary Alp; he’s done things that are bad imo; he’s got skeletons in his cl
Elaine
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-the-dark-side
Here goes!!

gif scared photo: scared ninju.gif

Dark and Twisted

Meet Veronica... She has an attitude, she's rude and she likes to spend money.. on her credit cards. She has a good job, a home. But the debt is Spilling out of control to such an extent she not only loses her job but in the end her home as well.
She also hasn't any real time for men.
 photo a5584d152eb2fe8c07b2f79f79c95ab2_zps7db6266b.jpg

Enters Luke... tanned and rugged, he has been watching her. On his first meeting with her she is rude but that doesn't put him off. He follows her, he watches her..
When Veronica eventuall
Erica Chilson
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: DARK Erotica Fans
The beginning of Big Sky hooked me from the first page. It begins lighter than Kitty Thomas' usual novels. Knowing Kitty's writing, I was prepared for it to turn into something dark and twisted and I wasn't disappointed.
I realize that from the beginning it wasn't hearts and flowers, but I'm a bit jaded. Even as Ronnie was abducted by the Cowboy from Vermont, I had a shit-eating grin on my face. I chuckled a few times and even I wanted to smack Ronnie. But who I'd actually be smacking is myself.
boogenhagen
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Melanie
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty quick read, but is really dark, as are all Kitty Thomas's books. I knew a little about this book because she blogged about it a couple of times. I don't consider this review to have spoilers because Kitty has blogged and tweeted about this issue a lot, but if you want to go into this story without knowing anything, then stop reading now.

**possible spoiler, but author blogged about this part of the book**

In this book, Luke kidnaps Ronnie while she is extremely down on her luck. H
lynn❤️lynn
Well, this book was amazing..how sick am I...I loved it!!!, at the same time I feel so sad. This book unfortunately for me has a sad ending. I just wish that Veronica could be loved for who she has become.

Luke finds Veronica struggling with increasing debt. The worry causes her to loose her job, and her credit cards spiral down and down. She looses her apartment and everything. She has no family or friends, so after offering her help, he decides to sort her out, by taking her and keeping her cap
Amber
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read in another review that this book rivals her debut, Comfort Food, and I have to agree. In terms of mindfuckery (which is what we come to Kitty for, right?) this one is up there with CF, both being above her other books. It's also relevant that her two most "fucked up" books are the least romantic. So if you're looking for romanticism... eh, not really gonna find it here.

Still, it was a great ride. As for "the fetish", (view spoiler), I wasn't sure what to expect,
Elle
*** 5+++ FREAKISH STARS!!!! ***
"Give me one week, Ronnie. One week without resistance, doing anything I ask without question or begging or name calling and yelling. One week without fighting me. You might surprised by how kind I can be, but my favor must be earned."
description

Yeah, bizarre, quite disturbing and oddly arousing enough to be one of my favorite one-handed read. *I already re-read this 3 times* #DontJudgeMe #FuckingHangover

THIS BOOK is really pulling me into the dark twisted side. Of course,
Michele
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE READING REVIEW: KITTY THOMAS WRITES VERY DARK, LITERARY EROTICA WITH OFTEN DISTURBING THEMES. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN READING THIS REVIEW AND DECIDING IF THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ.

As usual, Kitty Thomas has created another story that had me glued to my Kindle. The characters are compelling, interesting, and keep you wondering what they're going to do. I can't read her work without wanting to know what happens in the end, even if it's not usually a traditio
Jeanie Stiles
Big problems with this book for me. This is the third Kitty Thomas book I have read; actually, I tried reading Comfort Food and then Guilty Pleasures and could not finish either one. I did finish this one because "I read it like I was mad at it", shout out to Bad Teacher. I HATED, HATED, HATED this book. The main characters were cold, self-centered, nasty and mean. Veronica was a "drab" as my mother would say and Luke was a sadistic pig. NOTHING redeeming about either one. The supporting charac ...more
Rin W. Vitale
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Uh-oh, how do I say this.

description

It's pretty nasty, I think. LOL. At first it was just normal dark read book, kidnapping, force to do this and that. Things like that. But then... He shared and going to share his woman? To his ranch hands?

description

There's something wrong with Luke (and all his friends, Freida including!), or I may say his (death) wife. Because she's the one who get off being shared and being watched. So then, he thinks it's fine to do the same thing to Veronica a.k.a Ronnie, because his wife lo
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I'm not going to rehash what happens in the book - if you are curious buy it and read it. I'm just going to tell you Kitty Thomas continues to be a rather unique voice among literary erotica. There is much out there now that is erotic - but little of it is literary as we would typically define it. There are plenty of "fit tab A into slot B" books and, frankly, I enjoy them very much. When I want to think, ponder, wonder, and puzzle though I pick up a Kitty. There are a few other authors in her c ...more
Holly
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Weirdest shit I've *EVER* read. As soon as I finished this I felt the urge to read the Bible or something..... Purify myself. Or boil my eyeballs. Holy Shite.
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
More reviews at Li'l Kit’s Reviews.

Writing: ★★★★
Story: ★★★★
Characters: ★★★★

Overall rating: 4.0
          ****Holy (Hu)COW, Cowboy!****

Veronica "Ronnie" has a good life... on the outside. She's an advertising executive with a 6 figure salary, living in a beautiful penthouse. But her love of spending soon causes a downward spiral into debt, falling from a penthouse with a view to a small dingy apartment with the view of a brick wall, to living on the streets, and no job.

"Give m
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
I refuse to give my stars on this book. But after reading it, I was shocked and maybe scarred for life. It's too disturbing, too much mind f**k, and completely bother with of what's gonna happen to Veronica (as if its real!:P). Luke was sick, and not just damaged like Caleb, but a complete mental. Slavery cannot be substituted by another slavery. On Ronnie's part, Freedom from debt comes with a high price. Although she was rob with her choice but the latter was given to her but he choose to stay ...more
Bart

One of the most arousing books I have read in quite a while. Sign me up as a HUGE fan of Kitty Thomas! The story pairs a down-on-her-luck, ultra feminist ad executive with a misogynist ranch owner and explores his efforts to break her. Great taboo themes as she struggles against becoming just another animal on the farm. At points, the story is quite implausible, but who cares when the result lands the characters in such sexually deviant and delicious encounters. Just how many times does Luke non
A. Bookzilla.
Kindle freebie today! This was my first dark erotica read and I loved it!

This is...pretty dark. I don't usually (more like, never) read dark erotica and I tried to keep an open mind reading it. Luckily, I'm blessed that I can read just about anything. I guess, looking withing the genre, it was actually pretty good.

First of all, it was wonderfully written. I want to get this out of the way, I really really liked the way it was written. Kitty Thomas has a way with words and she paints a scene so r
Jill
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Isn't it amazing when you learn something about yourself from reading a book.
Kitty Thomas writes amazing dark erotica, so what, you ask, did I learn about myself from reading her latest book?
I learned that I must be getting jaded and I am a sucker for a grieving man.
This book contained things that should of shocked my pants off, dubious consent, forced sharing, forced branding, all this just left me hungry for more.
When it came to the (view spoiler)
Lucy
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-erotica

Wow what to say about this book.... I'm giving it a generous 3 stars because it did keep my interest.

This book was different, alright. It was disturbing but I honestly couldn't take it seriously and ended up laughing my way through it.

Big city girl Veronica finds herself deeply in debt and out of a job. She meets cowboy Luke, who is handsome but also a creep. Luke "rescues"(his word for kidnapping) her and takes her back against her will to his ranch in Vermont.

So back at the ranch....

(view s
Didi
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

NO. REALLY. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? Did I just read that shit?! YUP.

I am very confused right now. I've read Kitty Thomas before and despite always feeling that confusion I must say I NEVER KNEW WHAT CONFUSION WAS!

This was one of those books that didn't just push your boundaries but tore them up, threw lighter fluid on them and burned them to smithereens! I found myself repeatedly asking, "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?" and feeling highly violated. There were some scenes tha
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. rancher kidnaps/forces and masters woman. [s] 3 61 Oct 14, 2013 08:28AM
Release Date 1 60 Oct 03, 2012 01:29PM

• Judgment (Judgment, #1)
  • Enslaved
  • After
  • Maid for It
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • Gaijin
  • Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • Don't Let Go (Dark Nights, #2)
  • Submissive Desires
  • In His Arms
  • The Breaker's Concubine
  • Learning to Drown
  • Mercy
  • Enslaved (The Devil's Kiss, #1.2)
  • Imprinted

Note from the author: Thank you for reading and supporting my work. If you'd like to speak with me directly, please tweet me at @kitty_thomas, or find me on Facebook, or use my contact form at kittythomas.com.

***

Kitty Thomas writes dark erotic fiction with a literary edge. She began publishing in early 2010 and is considered one of the original authors of the dark romance/erotic subgenre.

If you e
“I want to drink you until there’s nothing left. I want you to magically rematerialize so I can do it again. I want a phoenix that will rise from the ashes just so I can keep burning her. I thought I knew madness, but I didn’t know it before you.” 11 likes
“Your indignant behavior over the slightest perceived gender inequality makes it almost certain that inequality is what you masturbate to at night.” 9 likes