Start by marking “Fairview Felines: A Newspaper Mystery” as Want to Read:
Fairview Felines: A Newspaper Mystery

Fairview Felines: A Newspaper Mystery

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Thomas Weston has newspaper ink in his veins. Not only that but he also has funny headlines running through his brain 24/7. If he can convince the principal at Fairview Middle School he has what it takes, maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to make his dream of a school newspaper come true. But first he has to figure out why all the cats in Fairview are vanishing!
Published July 8th 2012 by Ambush Books (first published October 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fairview Felines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairview Felines

Robert Kent
An excellent book usually has an excellent opening. Here are the opening lines from Fairview Felines: Dead people, corrupt politicians, stupid burglars and your basic mischief and mayhem are what newspapers are all about. And to tell the truth, I wanted in on it. What a swell opening. It hooks the reader, introduces us to the crux of the main character, and sets the tone for the story we’re about to read. That’s quite an accomplishment for two sentences.

In this case, ‘I’ refers to Thomas Weston,
Stephanie
Thomas Weston was born to be a reporter. He’s practically grown up in the newsroom of the local paper where his mother is editor. So when he suggests a school paper for his middle school, he’s disappointed to learn the principal isn’t going to give him the editor position without holding a contest… whoever submits the best article will be named editor. The perfect idea for an article arises when all of the cats go missing in Fairview, including his own cat, Web, and his best friend’s cat. Now Th ...more
StorySeekers
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 07-to-12-2012
Fairview Felines was probably one of my favorite middle grade mystery books. The main character, Thomas, just hooks you into the story. The mystery of the story, which is about missing neighborhood cats, is simple but such fun to figure out who is doing the crime. You get a list of suspects who could be stealing the cats, like a neighborhood crazy old man, a science teacher, or even

What I really liked about this book was that the story just flowed. Another thing I liked about the story was the c
Melissa ♥ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
This little gem has it all. A witty male protagonist who aspires to be a newspaper journalist, a fun mystery, loads of kooky suspects and best of all...Cats!

Corriel's writing style and pace are perfect for this cute Middle Grade mystery which I raced through in a couple of hours. The mystery and the interactions between the kids and the adults are very well written.

And I promise that you'll adore Thomas, our main character and narrator. His voice is believable and humorous. He's clever and funn
Sydney
Cute middle-grade mystery--and there aren't enough of those. You can read an interview I did with the author on the Mixed Up Files blog here: http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/?s...
Debbie