Start by marking “Venetia” as Want to Read:
Venetia

Venetia

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
a chilling supernatural thriller played out amongst the evocatively conjured canals and alleyways of Venice, as spirits centuries old are re-awakened by the discovery of a mirror at an archaeological dig. And the archaeologists' seven-year-old daughter is what these spirits need...

Published June 26th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Venetia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Venetia

Lynn Worton
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a chilling and completely page turning read! I loved it!

Penny and Gideon Mantell are archaeologists. They, along with their seven year old daughter, Venetia, set off to Venice to work. These three characters are fantastic. Both Penny and Gideon are dedicated archaeologists, on the trail of a mystery spanning 500 years. Venetia is a typical, curious seven year old. She and her family are unaware of the danger that has lain sleeping, waiting to be released.

I started reading this book, and
Ashley
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it
When this book advertised itself as a supernatural thriller, I was expecting something more than what I received. The entire first half of the book was as if I was reading a travel brochure regarding Venice--the description, even the inclusion of so much Italian was too much for the story, and I think that it pulled from the storyline, if anything. The way the author wrote was as if he expected the reader to know everything about the city in which the story takes place already, and I will be the ...more
May 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, paranormal
The reviews on Amazon gave the impression that this book was some sort of literary masterpiece, an exciting read that raced along with surprises on every page. I think I must have read a completely different book. Or that the reviewers worked for the publisher.

I did appreciate the descriptions of Venice - these managed to bring the city to life and as a tourist guide this book would work quite well. But this was supposed to be a supernatural thriller! The majority of the book was taken up with t
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was expecting a supernatural thriller from this book by reading the description, but really I think it is more than that. I liked the archeological elements to this one, and the fact the the story twists back and forth between 1508 to present day Venice. The secrets of the past don't seem to want to lie dormant any longer and 7 year old Venetia shows her mother, who is an archeologist that there are some things from the past that she is not ready for.
margo wheeler
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun read

This area of Venice is interesting and worth visiting. I sat in Campo Arsenele today, having an espresso and soaking g up the atmosphere.
Lee-ann Licini