Start by marking “Sara's Promise” as Want to Read:

**2013 Finalist in the National Indie Excellence Book Awards for Romance**

Do you believe in soul mates?

William Grafton had the perfect life. He had a lovely wife, Sara, and two wonderful children. But one day his perfect forever was shattered when Sara died suddenly, leaving him alone to raise his children and figure out how he would ever get through life without his soul
Published December 9th 2012 by Deanna Lynn Sletten

To ask other readers questions about Sara's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sara's Promise

Start your review of Sara's Promise
Sandra
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A captivating tale of love and forgiveness, Sara’s Promise will convince even the most skeptical among us that soulmates do exist. Realistic and well-developed characters draw you in from the start and keep your interest up as they battle personal conflicts while striving to hold together as a family. Although certain elements might require suspension of disbelief, this uplifting story offers a message of hope and is sure to touch your heart, if not your very soul.
Wendy Janes
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
William believes he has lost his soul mate when his wife, Sara, dies suddenly. Five years later he meets Annie who is the only woman since Sara who has attracted him. She’s very different to his wife, but Annie has her unusual blue-green eyes. Annie doesn’t believe in soul mates, but William turns out to be the man of her dreams (literally). William and Annie do a lot of soul searching to discover whether they have been brought together by chance or destiny, or maybe they are fulfilling Sara’s p ...more
Susan (The Book Bag)
Once again, I am blown away by another beautiful cover! And that question ~ Do you believe in soul mates? ~ I love to think that it is possible to have a soul mate. There has to be some reason that certain people 'find' each other.

'I just know,' Sara said. 'Even if something happened to me, I'd still find a way to be here for you and the kids. That's how strong our bond is.'

Sara's Promise is such a lovely story about everlasting love, with a little bit of magic from up above, trying to make thin
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
This type of book is one that I haven't read in a while. Women's Fiction mixed with romance. Sara's Promise, was sad, tragic and inspirational. I experienced several emotions while reading this book. Since this story is told in third-person narrative, we are given perspective of all the characters. And while the story is sad, there are other struggles happening. Guilt, fear and regret at the forefront.

I don't want to give anything away. I will tell you that i enjoyed the book very much greatly d
Dalene W.
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book

I wasn’t sure that I would enjoy this book as much as I did. It is well written and thought provoking.
Ruth Turner
Three and a half stars. Not my usual read, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

It made me cry.

Kathleen
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you believe in soul mates? Do you believe in everlasting love, even after your loved one has passed away?

Two women pass away ... as they are suspended between life and death, they engage in a conversation which leads one of the women to urge the other to take her place among the living so she can love and take care of her family as if they were her own.

When Sara Grafton suddenly dies, her husband William and teenage children Sandy and Sam struggle to go on with their lives. Sara vowed to alwa
Julie Ramsey
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done

Sara Grafton loved her life. She took care of

her family and they needed her. Her children

meant the world to her. Her husband was her

soul mate. She told him more than once

that she would be with him forever and take care

of their family. And then the unthinkable

happened. Sara died. William was lost. Sara

took care of everything. He didn't

even know where she took the dry cleaning. She

had said that she would always take care of

their family and now it was all on him. For

five
Lynelle Clark
I got to know Deanna Lynn Sletten through BookBlogs and posting about this new book's release in early December 2012. It was a honor to meet her and work with her making this book a success. A Contemporary Woman's fiction Romance that will keep you busy. Fast paced, well written to the very end. Leaving you with no questions but just the thrill of reading a good book.

She asked me afterwards to review the book and I was pleased that I agreed to do this.
A delightful Romance with all the twists and
Dianna
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have to say honestly that every book written by Deanna gets better and better. I have a lot of favorite authors such as Danielle Steel, Karen Kingsbury, but Deanna Sletten is right up there with them. I cannot wait until the next and the next and the next. She is completely awesome.

This story touched the very inner feelings of my heart. Whether you believe this could happen or not is strictly your decision. But, I can guarantee you you will be very happy that you read it. This should make a g
Norma Budden
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: womens-fiction
A beautiful story of love which is redeemed even from beyond the grave. As one woman is forced to say good bye to a family she loves, she urges another to take her place through a conversation between both women as they were suspended between life and death.

I was mesmerized by this story from the beginning and it was definitely worth the time invested. It's a book I will remember for a long time to come - not only because of the story but because of the compelling cast of characters. They became
Ann Swann
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you've read Deanna Sletten's work, then you know what a deft touch she has with her characters. Sara's Promise follows that same tradition. The characters are real. They will make you cry, cheer, and cringe, but they won't let you down. In the long run, Deanna's story is one of forgiveness and hope. It is also about the cycle of life, and this is touchingly illustrated by the way the beautiful cover ties in with the ending of the book. All in all, a lovely, lovely love story.
Mandy Jones
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heartfelt story of love, loss and finding your soulmate. Deanna brings to life the characters and makes them real to the reader. The story line flows smoothly. You follow the cycle of life within the pages of this story. The reader will be hoping, crying and rooting for the happy ending to come for Will and Annie. This book make even a cynic want to believe that there is someone out there for you, even in the mists of tragedy. I really enjoyed this book.
Luisa Rivas
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper
This was a perfect lovely book about afterlife, love beyond death and new beginnings. It was not sappy, it was wonderfully poignant and full of sentiment. I liked both William and Annie and loved the otherworldly touches of Sara and the brilliant colors. I also find this one of the best written books I've read lately.
Tommie Morris
Sara’s Promise

A very interesting, compelling story...a widower with 2 children , loses his soul mate, meets young woman several yrs later, who reminds him off his deceased wife, even tho she is nothing like her really! Excellent reading! Love the ending...I gave it 4 stars, not Iwas tempted to give it a 5. My complements to the author....
LS Kralicek
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angels above

Sara's promise is not what I expected, but it was amazing. It truly is about finding love through grief with the help of angels guiding you to the one your supposed to be with. This book will keep you guessing. Great read
Tonya Peterson
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Making sure no one is left alone

Annie came to this small town 5 yr ago and fell in love with immediately but always drawn to one house and one man. That man had lost his wife 5 yrs ago and just could find a way to let her go until Annie came along.
Kathleen J Kunkle
Beautifully written!!!

the author introduces us to Sara and her family and then twists the tale to the unexpected! I enjoyed the journey of this family and the ending! A book you will remember.

Kimberley O'Malley
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I don't usually read books that are a bit mystical, but this was a worthy exception. I was a bit impatient with the characters and their issues with one another. But the real life issues and family setting were very well portrayed.
Terri Mastraieni
Happily Ever After

This is a cute story about two people falling in love. It touches on a life after death experience.There is enough drama in the life of the two main characters to keep you interested.
Donna Dv
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book

When I first started this book I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue reading. I am glad I did. I was a very good and enjoyable read.
Ronald Ross
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

This is a great book for anyone who likes reincarnation type stories. It was a great romance & love story.
Angie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Heartbreaking story of tragedy, loss, and new love. Enjoyed this book and the fact that it was based in Oregon!
Claudette F. Butler
Ok 👌

This was a fair story for a light read. I gave this rating because the author failed to connect the pieces in the storyline.
Lorraine Behr
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice story!

This had a different storyline. Good, clean romance. Wonder if this really could happen. With GOD all things are possible.
Sandra Suggs
I really enjoyed this book.
Debbi
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Bonner
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued by the concept of this book, and then found it hard to get into. But it was worth persevering and I enjoyed it very much. I'd recommend it and I'll try others by this author.
PatSchue
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concept

This is the first time I've seen this in a book. Makes one wonder. It was an interesting story, very different.
Rita
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

Wow! This book was phenomenal!!! I didn't want it to end. How love finds a way to continue after death! I loved this book!
Q&A with Deanna L...: Just finished my new novel! 3 7 Apr 17, 2013 09:44PM

• Saltwater Cove (a Westcott Bay Novel Book 1)
  • Sunset on Whisling Island (Whisling Island series Book 1)
  • Saltwater Studios (a Westcott Bay Novel Book 2)
  • Ashes of Life
  • The Mystic Cove Series Boxed Set (Books 1-4)
  • Wild Irish Roots: Margaret & Sean (Mystic Cove, #5)
  • Sisters (Sun Valley #1)
  • The Family Journal
  • Wild Irish Witch (Mystic Cove, #6)
  • Life, Part 2: Lydia's Story--The Second Chance (Life in Palmyrton Book 1)
  • The Sand Dollar Inn (Manatee Bay Book 1)
  • Drastic Measures (Doctor 911, #1)
  • Return to Sender (A Pine Falls Novel Book 1)
  • Aunt Daisy's Letter
  • Waiting for Her Beloved: A Novel
  • The Christmas Diary
  • True to Me
  • Reid's Redemption
Deanna Lynn Sletten is the author of MISS ETTA, THE WOMEN OF GREAT HERON LAKE, MAGGIE'S TURN, THE LAKE HARRIET SERIES, and several other titles. She writes heartwarming women's fiction and romance novels with unforgettable characters. She has also written one middle-grade novel that takes you on the adventure of a lifetime. Deanna believes in fate, destiny, love at first sight, soul mates, second ...more