Start by marking “Campus Visit” as Want to Read:
Campus Visit

Campus Visit

Damian Garza and Alex Murphy became best friends in their closed-minded California small town, remained inseparable through Alex's coming out, and have stayed close while studying at different colleges. They're close enough that Damian dares a shocking e-mail confession: he's bisexual and wants to experiment with men. With Alex.

It's supposed to be a simple friends-with-ben
Published November 24th 2018 by JMS Books (first published August 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Campus Visit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Campus Visit

Mandapanda
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Wonderful example of a friends-to-lovers romance. In this book Damien finally acts on his bi-curious urges and contacts his old friend Alex, who is gay, to help him out. The story follows Damien and Alex's progress from friends-with-benefits to real love. Their journey is challenged along the way by Damien's confusion about who he is and his burdensome responsibilities for his family and their farm. While Alex's life takes a very different turn with an exciting new job in a foreign country.

The a
Ami
Aug 21, 2012 marked it as dnf
DNF at 40%

I just got trying to push through it up until around 40% when I realized that it wasn't what I needed / wanted to read at this time.

The idea of friends to lovers is nice, but going at it by 'learning the sex' isn't something I enjoy. After reading the nth time of the repetitive thoughts from each other on how they wanted to approach this newfound state of friendship, I gave up. Not even the upcoming drama which I think would come from Damian's family background is enough to intrigue m
Candice
4.5 stars. This was a sweet and wonderful journey about childhood friends who progress to friends with benefits when Damien discovers he is bisexual to finally falling in love. Alex has always had a secret crust on Damien since they were kids, there really isn't the normal insta love, but a slow build up for both of them. While Alex's life is going how he wants it, the drama in the story is more with Damien and his family and feeling the need to live his life due to family obligations which lead ...more
Anyta Sunday
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5

This is a sexy friends-to-lovers story that has quite something going for it. I read the story in one sitting, and didn’t notice the hours go by until—good gosh, is that the time? Luckily, I’d finished by then.

First thing I want to say about this book is you have to be in the mood for some sexy fun, and quite a lot of it. The story follows Damian and Alex as they move from experimenting (Damian is bi and wants to try out being with a guy—and wants it to be Alex, because he trusts him) to som
Macky
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Been very lucky with the books I've picked just recently, found this in passing and liked the sound of the synopsis, also never read this author before so could be a debut, if it is I will definitely look out for more

Nothing really new in this 'friends to lovers' story - the way of getting them together is different from the norm- but the style and ease of writing was very good and the two main characters were both endearing and very likeable, add in the fact that the writer makes us feel the at
Smith Barney
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
AND yet another tossed to my DNF pile with credit going to another POS family member added to a plot for conflict. GAWD. Too bad because it had potential until the sloshed-drunk of a sister..killed it for me.

Honorable moment mention for the provocative hike of being 2 starz worthy.
Jess Chambers
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
We don’t always know what we want, and sometimes we have to lose someone before we realize how much they mean to us. So it is for childhood friends Damian Garza and Alex Murphy in this sexy debut by Stella Huerto. Taking place during what is set to be the final summer before they leave college and go their separate ways, the story follows the progression of two young men from friends to lovers, while life does its utmost to stand in their path.

Damian has long since suspected he’s bisexual. Howev
Lucy
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a friends to lovers story with a little bit of a twist, in that Damian is experimenting with his feelings of bisexuality, and he wants to experiment with his best friend, Alex (who is gay). At first, I was a little put off by that, and then realized, if you are going to explore a hidden part of yourself, who better to do it with than someone you have known since you were in kindergarten, trust implicitly and who won’t judge you? With that attitude in mind, I liked the story very much.

Th
Heller
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
Probably the most adorable set of MC I've read in a while. Perfect for each other and we get an epilogue! Uber-sweet, best friends to lovers story and never gets too sweet. I feel like Goldilocks, it's just right!
Don Bradshaw
More sex than story and WAY too much angst for me.
Cindi
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, m-m

I read a lot of friends-to-lovers stories but I don't think I've read one quite like this one.

Damian and Alex have been best friends for years having both grown up in a closed minded small town. Alex came out of the closet when he was 15. This was not done by choice and there were repercussions at first but over time things calmed down. His parents eventually came around and accepted and loved him regardless of his sexual orientation. It took time but they got there. Damian stood by him
Julesmarie
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sue
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, the romance!
Oh, the angst!
Yep, I really liked this one. Stella Huerto is a new author, at least to me, and I really admired her writing here. It's not overly wordy, but flows really well.
The romance is shown beautifully, and the issues of duty to family versus duty to self are very well shown and handled in this novel.
I could feel the heat of California, and hear the sound of the sea, because the descriptive writing was very good.
I was going to give this 4 stars, but have decided to go to 5
Nic
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Damian and Alex grew up together in a small town. Both are now coming to the end of their time at college so Damian gets up the courage to ask Alex a favour. Alex is openly gay and Damian wants his friend to help him explore his bi-curious feelings. Luckily Alex is a good friend and can't wait to show Damian everything there is to know about gay sex!

The men go to different colleges, many hours apart, so finding time together is not easy. Things are further complicated by Damian's sister's proble
Candice
May 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, kindle
This is going to be short and sweet. It was a good story, but I didn't like the whole "help me have gay sex" type thing in the beginning. Other than that, it really kind of focused Damien's family. His alcoholic sister, his religious family..."oh we need to pray".

With that said, I felt for Damien's internal dilemma. I mean, family is important, BUT you need to do what's best for YOU too. I hate how family's try to make you feel bad/guilty for not wanting to do that THEY want you to do. They had
Beck
This was a nice little 'out-for-you' romance. The angst wasn't overwhelming & pushed the story along nicely. Damian & Alex were likable characters that deserved their HEA. I didn't find myself completely transfixed by the book but it was a pleasant read...I'd probably re-read it at least once but the lack of WOW factor will keep it off my favourites shelf. If you're fatigued with high-drama, this would be a nice way to ease yourself down from the adrenaline high.
liz
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could relate pretty strongly to the family stress in Damian's life, but it's also what made me want to shake him at times. He does manage to figure it out though, and I cheered for him and for them. A good story all around.
Nadine
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this,I liked the characters. I liked especially that it featured a bisexual male character because they are so rarely presented in any kind of media. So that gets plus points.
I found the writing style a bit weird sometimes though,hence why I 'only' gave 4 stars...
Georgine
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lovely, beautiful book...Just adored it.
Riina Y.T.
LOVED this one!!

More sex than I initially expected but it made sense (and it was yummy).
Morgan  Skye
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, reviewed, ya
This has been such a fun trip down memory lane for me! This is –again- another really sweet NA book I read years ago and forgot how wonderful it is.

It’s got two high school friends who, while facing college graduation, finally admit that there’s more than friendship between them. Luckily Alex is very confident in his sexuality and gladly opens his arms to Damian’s explorations.

The smexy times are pretty hot and the love between these two is over the top sugary sweet. There is some self-soul-sear
Louan
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Theme 6 3.5 ⭐
I found it to be a sweet story, with medium angst but I found it a bit predictable. I did enjoy the author's writing style though.
Eve
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I was looking for a GFY/OFY story with younger MCs and this one totally fit the bill. Great story and it's a debut. I'm sad I haven't found anything else by this author. Damian considers himself bisexual (questioning) but has never really had the male experience. Alex, his gay friend from his hometown, becomes the obvious perfect choice for a first experience. After a very weird proposition, these two start steaming up the sheets in both Cali towns they reside in. The story moves forward through ...more
Charmaine Stephens
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-love-m-m
This was a wonderful story. I like how it didn't beat around the bush much. Dives right into the meat of the story right away haha pun intended ;)

Sorta a friends to lovers type of story. Damien & Alex have know each other for years. Alex came out gay during their teenage years. Damien was the only friend that stuck by him during that time.

Later on Damien starts figuring out he might be bi & wants to start exploring with men. Particularly Alex. Somewhere along the way the two fall in l
Nik
3.5 stars.

Friends to lovers is a theme that I quite enjoy. With that being said, I thought this book was similar an old truck. It takes awhile to get going but once it does, you got where you were going. The beginning I didn't really feel the connection between Damian and Alex as though they had been friends. I really wanted to feel like they were long time friends, as we had been told in the story. That niggle aside once you start getting into the thick of the story, I really enjoyed watching t
Angelmira
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
In the first half of the book i wanted to give up because there wasn't enough plot for me, only sex here and there. And I wasn't in the mood for this kind of book. Second half was better. It was heartbreaking. Long distance relationships are always hard. Friendship or intimate relationship. I wanted so much for them to be together. It's awesome first book from this author and I wasn't dissapointed and Im glad I stay with this. :)
Meggie
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This was a simple romantic story about two best friends. To be sincere I didn't like the way this story began, like "in the middle of a story". The writing style from Stella Huerto didn't work for me. Simply because everything, between Damian and Alex, develops to abrupt and fast, it didn't feel real. And this melodramatic twist at the end, blah typical.
Luisa
I liked this story mostly because it seemed realistic to me and everything just flows naturally. The characters, their interactions, their reactions, the way they speak...they feel like real people. Nothing here is written for the sake of drama. It's a simple story, It doesn't pretend to be something it isn't. It delivers what it has promised from the start. Ant that is very refreshing.
Rachel Emily
What a wonderful debut story! I just love friends to lovers stories and this just hit all of the right buttons for me. Great main characters...they were both very well written, complex, real, and just smokin' hot together! I think this is definitely an author to watch, looking forward to what she releases next.
Lily
Nice friends to lovers, bi-curious coming out of the closet story although there were a bit too many sex scenes. I wanted more of a connection between the MCs outside of the bedroom. Nice sweet ending though.
Dreamspinner Press: Campus Visit by Stella Huerto 1 15 Aug 15, 2012 01:24AM

• The Way Back (Kansas #1)
  • Calling the Show
  • Mourning Heaven
  • Things I'll Never Say
  • Four Corners
  • Prove It
  • Where You Least Expect It
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • An Oral Fixation
  • Pillow Talk
  • Kieran & Drew
  • Choices and Changes
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • Boys
  • Equation For Love
  • The One Who Saves Me (Home, #6)
  • The Side Effects of Forgetting (Forgetting, #1)
  • The Decisions We Make
Stella Huerto is seduced by love stories of all kinds and fell especially hard for the LGBT literature she discovered in college. When not writing or reading, she enjoys traveling to places with charismatic old buildings, cooking with lots of spice, and singing passionately (if off-key) to songs from musicals. She keeps moving up and down the West Coast with her large and enjoyably loud family.

Fin