Start by marking “The Dominant (Submissive, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dominant (Submissive, #2)

The Dominant (Submissive #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  9,933 Ratings  ·  699 Reviews
The continuation of the tantalizing trilogy by Tara Sue Me that has captivated millions

Nathaniel West doesn’t lose control.

As the playboy CEO of West Industries, he governs the boardroom during the day; as a strict dominant with exacting rules, he commands the bedroom at night. He never takes on inexperienced submissives, but when Abigail King’s application comes across
Published August 6th 2013 by NAL Trade (first published August 6th 2009)

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I seriously cannot get enough of this man! The Dominant is the story of Nathaniel West and Abigail King completely in his point of view. We finally get in Nathaniel's head and what a great place to be!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The Dominant runs along the same timeline as The Submissive but it's almost like a whole different story because we get all the details as to who he is, why he chooses to do the things he does, and how he suffers in silence.....

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

As a recap, Nathaniel meets up with. Abigail while in search of a n
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Nathaniel West, successful CEO and Dominant, does not lose control. He has a plan for everyone and everything and that's where Abigail King enters the picture. She wants to be Nathaniel's submissive. The problem is she has no experience or training whatsoever.

The second book in The Submissive Trilogy is told solely through Nathaniel's POV and hopefully you've read The Submissive so you know there was something Nathaniel wasn't up front about. I think that was my favorite part...reading all his
SanO
Sep 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Did not like this one bit. It was just soooo repetitive.

Coming off the Submissive, I knew this would be all in Nathaniel's POV, but I was hoping to glean something deeper. But what I got was an exact rehash of scenes with his lame thoughts injected here and there.

The author would have been better off to include some of his thoughts into book one and just bypass this story pov all together.

Yeah Nathaniel goes into his childhood flashbacks of the accident, but it was just so weak. Didn't add noth
Paula Griffith
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Dominant
I am a bit confused as to why reviewers would automatically say that this book is like Fifty Shades of Gray...because it isn't. The Dominant is a companion book to The Submissive. When I received a copy of The Dominant from Netgalley, I immediately ordered The Submissive, and read them side by side. Nathaniel West is a dominant, and Abigail King applies to become his submissive with no experience. While Nathaniel's childhood was tragic, he does have a stable and happy family life, bu
Rose
Jun 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: needs-review
Pre-read: I'm giving this a try, probably against my better judgement, but I did say that I would read it before to see if the series improved at all from it's beginnings. If anyone has the galley and wants to do a read along, let me know. We'll do one together.

Post-read I'll write a more thorough review of this after the holidays, but I just want to say one thing.

Seriously, this trend of writing the same story from a different POV character without offering anything new to the measure of the st
 Rosebud
This is the second of a trilogy series.

I really won't give my subjective summation about this book as it's basically the same as book 1 (The Submissive) only told from Nathaniel's POV. The same story. The same series of events. The same time frames. The same ending. Nothing new or any surprise story line twists.

While I totally appreciate the insight into Nathaniel's POV I really didn't enjoy rehashing the same basic storyline and same erotica scenes for the price I paid for this book. Sure, the
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Τρεις μήνες έχουν περάσει απ' όταν "Η Πειθήνια" κυκλοφόρησε στα ελληνικά βιβλιοπωλεία, από τις εκδόσεις Λιβάνη. Όσοι έχετε διαβάσει την σχετική με το θέμα ανάρτηση, θα θυμάστε πως το βιβλίο όχι μόνο με είχε ικανοποιήσει αναγνωστικά, αλλά είχε καταφέρει να μου προσφέρει πολύ περισσότερα απ' όσα περίμενα και προσδοκούσα. Γιατί σε μια αγορά που κατακλύστηκε από ερωτικά μυθιστορήματα του είδους μέσα σε πολύ σύντομο χρονικό διάστημα, είναι εξαιρετικά δύσκολο να βρεθεί αυτό το ένα που θα ξεχωρίσει και ...more
AH
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotic, bdsm, fan-fiction
Initial Thoughts: Hmmmm...Not sure how to rate this. 2 stars? 3 stars? I was so annoyed by Nathaniel for most of this, which surprised me because I read this when it was a fanfic and enjoyed it back then. Now, not so much. I'm sure that people who enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey will love this.

The Review:
I was really torn as to how to review this book.

Full Disclosure: I read this series when it was a fan fiction of a popular young adult vampire series. I did enjoy reading it back then. Perhaps it
Monique
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed reading the published version of The Submissive but I really struggled with this one. The way it was written was just so unemotional and robotic which isn't a good thing when the author has chosen to write in first person. Nathaniel's POV just felt so stilted which really drained all enjoyment for me.

I basically skimmed the whole book because it was just too repetitive but there were some scenes that I did want to read his perspective. I think the first book in this series shou
ღBELLALUNAღ
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! for The Dominant book #2 of The Submissive Trilogy.
I f'loved book #1 The Submissive so I was super excited to jump into this book!

I will admit it was a little bit of a rough patch after realizing the whole book was going to be in his POV (my first experience with his/her POV) a little repetitive which i hadn't expected as I thought this book would've continued where The Submissive left off but didn't.

I must say reading it again in his POV was enlightening. It really shows Nathanie
Danielle
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
can someone point me in the direction of where i can read this? I live in australia and i have just finished the submissive and am desperate to read the dominant and the training but can not find them anywhere?? I am also technology challenged so any direction would be great!! Thank you :)
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Şu serinin yazılış amacını hala anlayamadım.Normalde bu tür en sevdiğim kitaplardan biridir ama yok bu seriyi okurken sıkılıyorum.Karakterlerin duyguları geçmiyor bana.
Maria Stefanou
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Μάλλον είναι πολλά αυτά που θέλω να γι' αυτό το βιβλίο αλλά θα περιοριστώ σε λίγα για να μη γίνω κουραστική. Μου είναι δύσκολο να εκφράσω τα συναισθήματα μου εφόσον πρόκειται για ένα βιβλίο το οποίο διάβασα για πρώτη φορά το 2010 και πραγματικά το λάτρεψα από την πρώτη στιγμή.
Είναι αλήθεια, η αντρική πλευρά για κάποιο άγνωστο λόγο πάντα εξιτάρει και έχει αυτό το κάτι παραπάνω που συνήθως λείπει από τη γυναικεία.
Αυτό το βιβλίο, εκφράζει κατά την άποψη μου το διαφορετικό όσον αφορά το σεξουαλικό κ
Vanessa
Maybe it's just me but books from the guys POV always is better...review to come. :-)

“I wanted to pour over her application until I had it memorized. I wanted to make a list of what she had marked as ‘willing to try’ and show her the pleasures of doing those things. I wanted to study her body until its contours were permanently etched in my mind. Until my hands knew and recognized her every response. I wanted to watch her give in to her true submissive nature. I wanted to be her Dom.”

If you ha
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
LOVED being in Nathaniel's head! So many questions I had about Nathaniel and his actions in The Submissive were answered perfectly. The timeline runs the same, but you get so much more additional information and background that it doesn't feel redundant.

We get a deeper understanding of Nathaniel's reasoning, his reluctance with Abby and ultimately an open and honest look of what's truly in his heart.

Loving this series so far, and can't wait to jump into The Training and conclude the journey of
Vaso
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ωραιο να βλεπεις την πλευρα του Ναθανιελ.....
Niccisbookblog higginson
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the submissive trilogy, and i must say now ive read this book all the questions i had about The submissive (book 1) have been answered!

The whole story just clicks into place with this book as its written in Nathaniel point of view, so we get the meaning behind the safe word, and the why he does things and the way he does them. Book 1 was great and i loved the story but after reading this book, the story is just so much better.

The sex scenes mean more when you’ve read b
Ruth
Loved it! Book 2 in the Submissive trilogy...BUT BE WARNED: this Does NOT pick up where the first book left off. It is basically the same book as the first (The Submissive) but from Nathaniel's POV. You hear his side of the story and some of the details that we didn't know from the first book. It was WAY over priced (think it was 7.99) however, having said that, I still really enjoyed it. It shows that Nathaniel may not be the total jerk he made himself out to be in book 1. This book has some re ...more
Maja
I really love this book!!!
I loved the story and just couldn't stop reading.
description

Abby King and Nathaniel West❤❤❤ They makes a beautiful couple. They look perfect for each other.
description
Lucia
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fanfiction
Notice: Read this AFTER The Submissive

Since I always prefer EPOV, I liked The Dominant better than The Submissive. Beside the couple of new infos, I knew exactly what was about to happen all the time so it was not so addictive reading. Still very good though.
Marilena   ⚓
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Πολύ καλύτερο απ τον πρώτο βιβλίο!
Το να βλέπεις τα αισθηματα του Ναθάνιελ για την Άμπι να ξεδιπώνονται(επιτελους) ειναι απολαυστικό!!
Μου άρεσε πραγματικά και το προτείνω!
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
This is how you write a male POV novel that pairs with a prior story. There are so many new scenes, so much insight into his head and terrific heartbreak and vulnerability. I’m completely tied and bound to this series. THE DOMINANT leads you down the path of a complicated Hero, allowing you entry into the crevices of his mind that he doesn’t share with anyone else.

I adored Nathaniel. I mean, I thought I loved him at the end of The Submissive but NOPE, layers were peeled back and truths were expo
Wanderlust
I think it is because I am in the life style that i found so many errors with this book, maybe if i was a bored vanilla housewife (not that there is anything wrong with being that) I would of thought this book was kinky & exciting.
Instead i found this book completely and utterly ridiculous.
I sighed, I rolled my eyes, I got angry, I considered poking my eyes out... maybe even smashing my kindle into my face so i would never have to read drivel like this again all while reading this book.
I
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
This is my dominant

photo AD1CCFB3-264F-42F3-AF9C-027622206EC2_zpsdwdciuzw.gif
Sara Kate
I don't know why I just wasn't feeling this a whole lot. Maybe it's because I read the Submissive over a year ago so I kind of felt disconnected and forgot some things that happened. Will read the next book though.
Beliz
Sep 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sadece zaman kaybıydı. Bu Adam serisini bile okumayı tercih ederim.
~Tina~
All those wasted years. All those years I'd longed for Abby and, miracles of miracles, she'd been longing for me.
How was it possible?

Nathaniel West is a strong, successful, intelligent and powerful man. He owns his own company, lives more then a comfortable lifestyle and has a kind and supportive family. But he's still missing that one percent. The one unattainable dream that he's longed for so many years. Abigail King. But already living the life as a Dominant, he couldn't believe a normal life
Jillyn
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 50 Shades fans
The Dominant is part two in a BDSM erotica trilogy. It retells the story of the first book The Submissive, but instead of being from the submissive Abby King's point of view, it is told from the Dominant Nathaniel West's perspective. Nathaniel is a successful CEO who in his free time is a notoriously strict Dominant. When Abby's submissive application falls into his hands, he should ignore it. She's not even trained, and he doesn't bother with training new subs. But he cannot resist her, and soo ...more
Tammy  Zautner
Jul 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
I stand by my initial review of book one. Nothing has change except now you can read the same exact story with a few changes from the males “mind.” My feelings regarding the story and the author’s writing also has not changed from my review of The Submissive; all the same issues are still the same issues. There is still no “real” connection between those two, so it is hard for the reader to accept their relationship as believable. 90% of the time I was pretty much rereading The Submissive all ov ...more
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • Fourteen
  • The Billionaire Bum
  • Grave Refrain
  • Living Backwards
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Three Daves
  • Gilded Cage
  • A Touch of Winter (Pleasures, #1.5)
  • Cocktails and Dreams (Cocktails and Dreams, #1)
  • Clipped Wings and Inked Armour
  • A Political Affair
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Black and White
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • With This Collar (Mastered, #1)
Tara Sue Me wrote her first novel at the age of twelve. It would be twenty years before she picked up her pen to write the second.

After completing several clean romances, she decided to try her hand at something spicier and started The Submissive. What began as a writing exercise quickly took on a life of its own. An avid reader of all types of fiction, she soon discovered she enjoyed writing a va
More about Tara Sue Me...

Submissive (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Submissive (Submissive, #1)
  • The Training (Submissive, #3)
  • Seduced By Fire (Submissive #4)
  • The Enticement (Submissive, #5)
  • The Collar (Submissive, #6)
  • The Exhibitionist (Submissive, #7)
  • The Master (Submissive, #8)
  • Claiming (Submissive, #8.5)
  • The Exposure (Submissive, #9)
  • The Flirtation (Submission #10)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
  • Dancing in the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Never Marry a Viscount (Scandal at the House of Russell, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Secrets (The Sinclairs #6)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Extreme Measures (Aegis Security, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • For the Record (Record, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taking Control (Kerr Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Gray was two people from different worlds coming together unexpectedly and creating something new. Gray took the best parts of us both and fit them together into something larger than we were apart.” 3 likes
“She needed cans.
Cans, because it was her who show me that I could be much more than the world thought. We could be much more than the world thought. - Nathaniel West”
1 likes