Start by marking “The Most Beautiful Tree in the World” as Want to Read:
The Most Beautiful Tree in the World

The Most Beautiful Tree in the World

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Every year a tree is chosen to be the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. This is the story about one of the trees chosen and the family it belonged to.

Originally published in Family Circle Magazine in 1954.
Published 1956 by Wonder Books (first published 1954)

To ask other readers questions about The Most Beautiful Tree in the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Beautiful Tree in the World

Judy
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this had been published as a book! I have the Family Circle version of this story. Mom had cut it out (along with many other clippings) and saved it until my sister and I were old enough to appreciate the story. She read it to us while we gazed at the lights on our own Christmas tree. We thought the story was wonderful ... but that's probably because the story was part of our Christmas tradition.

I should also have two or three other Family Circle Christmas stories. Now I'm inspi
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
A Christmas story for children written in the 50's. According to the cover, this book cost 39 cents back then, yet it cost me a whole dollar from the used book store. Inflation! A pleasant read, although you can definitely tell this book is from 60 years ago- the mother is just sort of off having another baby.
Deana
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my all-time favorite Christmas-related stories when I was a kid.
Indiana
Mom2rock
Jan 08, 2018
Daiana
Jan 31, 2018
Leonard Weisgard, Caldecott award-winning illustrator of more than 200 children’s books was perhaps best known for his collaboration with the author Margaret Wise Brown.

Weisgard was born in New Haven, Connecticut but spent much of his early childhood in England, where his father originally came from.

His interest in the quality of children’s books began after his family moved back to the USA when
More about Leonard Weisgard