Start by marking “Love's Secret Fire” as Want to Read:
Love's Secret Fire

Love's Secret Fire

The biggest story of reporter Valerie Daniels’s career could be the one that kills her.
A part-time news reporter, Valerie is determined to prove her twin brother is not responsible for the rash of suspicious fires in Benton Falls, despite all the evidence that leads undercover investigator Adam Michaels to believe he’s caught his arsonist – Valerie’s brother.

Adam Michaels
Published September 24th 2012 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about Love's Secret Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Secret Fire

Start your review of Love's Secret Fire
Becky Lower
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love’s Secret Fire, a romantic suspense by Rena Koontz, had me on the edge of my seat from page one. I was convinced I knew who the bad guy was early in the book, but Koontz is much too clever to give up the goods so quickly. She did a great job of misdirection. There were enough twists and turns to rival the best roller coaster. The added touch of country to the story was icing on the cake. Adam’s the kind of man we all wish we knew, and Valerie’s got enough spunk that we don’t even begrudge he ...more
A.E. Jones
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm a pushover for a good romantic suspense and in Rena Koontz's debut novel, Love's Secret Fire, I was not disappointed.

Valerie Daniels did not have an easy childhood. Between an absent father and an alcoholic mother, she could only rely on her twin brother Vince. Now she is working hard to be taken seriously as a reporter at the radio station where. When a rash of fires start happening in the town where Vince works as a firefighter, Valerie starts investigating.

Adam Michaels is an FBI agent wh
Bookswithbenefits
Rena Koontz debut novel Love’s Secret Fire is a story of instant compel-and-repel. Like Pride and Prejudice’s Darcy and Elizabeth or You’ve Got Mail’s Joe and Kathleen, Adam and Valerie feel attraction to each other, but that won’t get in the way of their fighting at every turn. And Valerie does not have a thing for Cowboys (certainly not!), even if she can’t stop from trembling every time she gets close enough to smell Adam or admire his muscles.

Another unexpected treat: Rena’s research in fire
Lynn Crandall
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
High stakes intrigue, sizzling romance, expertly crafted characters. Rena Koontz’s Love’s Secret Fire delivers it all.

The opening paragraphs hooked me as I immediately loved the female protagonist, Valerie Daniels. A sympathetic and spunky character, she asserts herself on the page. It also didn’t take much more than an introduction for me to take to the male main character, Agent Adam Michaels, who oozed personality.

Set in a backdrop of an intense urgency to find and stop an arsonist, the story
Judy Totts
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In "Love's Secret Fire," author Rena Koontz has delivered a fast-paced story that will have readers turning the pages to the very end. Published by Crimson Romance, the book offers a great combination of romantic heat and heart-pounding action.

Radio personality Valerie Daniels and undercover agent Adam Michaels immediately come to vivid life with Koontz's deft handling of detail, playing off their attraction for each other even as they are drawn into a situation where they often are at odds. Sh
Jan Mathew
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As the title suggests, “Love’s Secret Fire” is hot. And author Rena Koontz fans the flames from start to finish, with twists, turns, and characters that leap from the pages and lodge themselves in the reader’s psyche. Valerie Daniels — reporter and rising radio broadcast star with sass and smarts to spare. Will she solve a string of arsons throughout Benton Falls, Pennsylvania, and thereby clear her firefighter brother Vince, who’s under the shadow of suspicion? “Adam Mitchell” — he’s working un ...more
Jen
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rena Koontz's Love's Secret Fire is a HOT read from beginning to end. The spark betweek Valerie and Adam burns white hot as the two race to uncover the delinquent mastermind terrorizing Benton Falls when a string of arsons breaks out. Valerie, an aspiring radio newswoman, receives mysterious e-mails regarding the deadly fires, and wants to be the one to break the story. Adam, an FBI agent working undercover, is working hard himself to uncover the madman. As the story twists and turns, sparks fly ...more
R.T. Wolfe
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rena Koontz’s Love’s Secret Fire is a page-turning whirlwind of firemen, undercover police officers, journalists, family ties and a myriad of suspects all tied in a string of arsons and a forbidden romance. She writes in a clear and confident voice as she drops hints and clues in this curiously attracting mystery.

As a writer, Koontz does a great job with male point of view and dialogue. She leads us through an undercover police operation using Adam Michaels who poses as a fire inspector. He’s a
Brandy Dorsch
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this story! Adam was a character that I have a huge crush on. He has good instincts and he just knows that Valerie is someone he is interested in even if it looks like her brother is an arsonist.
This book is full of twists and turns and there was a part that I seriously bawled my eyes out during. I have never thought of myself as a “fireman girl” but this book as made me take a whole new look at these delicious men!
Sometimes life throws more at us than we think we can handle. I a
Kym Lucas
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Since other reviews have provided thorough summaries of the story, I won't repeat those details here. Instead, just let me just say Ms. Koontz's debut novel, "Love's Secret Fire" is a winner! Her main characters, Valerie and Adam, are likable, but not perfect, so I found them very believable. In addition, the plot kept me guessing to the very end, which is always nice!

I recommend you take a chance on this new author. You won't be disappointed.

Nancy Luebke
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave this a 4.5 rating. I really enjoyed this although there were some tough issues in this. It's about a serial fire starter. Between an investigator reporter and a undercover cop things keep getting hotter, both the fires and them. I like how the issues were dealt with. Will enjoy reading more of this author's work. ...more
Shirley
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Romance at it's finest. With fall on the way, I had so much fun curling up with my kindle and a cup of hot tea and immersing myself in the lives of the characters. Great suspense that kept me guessing while making sure hot passions was kept up between the main characters, Adam and Valerie. All American story with a cowboy flair. Can't wait for Koontz's next book! ...more
Lhenry
Good exciting ending. I also liked how Valerie matured through the story. The relationship between Adam and Gina was surprisingly believable and I liked that it was not used as a plot device to keep Valerie and Adam apart.
D'Ann Linscott-dunham
Kim Coomey
Alaina Maxam
Michael Sanchez
Jan 14, 2013
I am a native of Pittsburgh, PA., and a graduate of Peabody High School and the University of Pittsburgh with a bachelor's degree in English. I try to work Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh connections into my stories. I'm an avid sports fan so my characters often wear black and gold or reference the city's sports teams -- The Pittsburgh Penguins, The Pittsburgh Steelers, The Pittsburgh Pirates.
I've bee