Start by marking “Jude (Bible #65), ESV” as Want to Read:

Jude (Bible #65), ESV

(Bible #65)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  115 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
1 page
Published (first published March 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Jude (Bible #65), ESV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jude (Bible #65), ESV

Faith
“But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference:”
~ Jude 1:20-22 KJV
Shantelle
A short book of warning, and some interesting topics.

"To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power, and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevemore! Amen. Jude 1:24-25 NIV
Charlene
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The letter of Jude only contains 32 verses. However the letter demonstrates that Jude was very serious about his faith in Jesus Christ. Jude provides an exhortation of how to and the importance of contended for our faith.

Recommended for ALL Christian's!
John Martindale
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
THE AUTHOR
So first, off, who is the author? It is Judas... but... as we all know, another man by this name spoiled it forever. So there was a name changed to protect the innocent, yes they replace the AS with an E, leaving us with Jude.

Jude, was likely the youngest brother of Jesus, with his others brothers, he had his doubts about Jesus, if you think about it, how bizarre would it be if your oldest brother went about claiming to be God and the savior of the world! I am sure it was unsettling t
Royce Ratterman
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this work of immense interest and importance.
The compilation of historical accounts, wisdom & proverbial insights, and thought provoking texts, along with descriptive and informative footnotes, are of great value.
Explanations, including varying scholarly views depicting the material related in this book, are available for each of the 66 individual books of the Bible.
This book is but one of the individual 66 books/letters which were written by forty different authors over at least 150
Captmashpea
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was a fun short little book. It definitely was a product of its time in the warnings and the sayings but the message of it is the same, be warned against people who have twisted the gospel into something it is not, and that is a very good warning.
I read this in the message version but I wanted to include this as a separate book entry into Goodreads so that's why it's the ESV. I also compared some of the passages to my Kindle hcsb version (the one Beth Moore uses).
Hard copy and eBook cross-c
Courtney
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The reading of God's Word is so remarkable that there is nothing that I can say to make it any better. Please, if you are a lost soul, turn to God! He can heal you and give you the greatest peace that you will ever know!
Glow
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not sure when I actually read this this year, but I know I did. I'm just putting it in between Romans and 3 John, because there are a few days in there that are unaccounted for.
Amber
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible, non-fiction
Family Bible time re-read aloud, NKJV.
Andrea Cox
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
by Andrea Renee Cox

This book is very encouraging to me. I highly recommend it.
Fables&Wren
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
WrensReads Review:

Sidenote: The reason for such vague and short and "eh" words on each of these books, is because I wasn't challenging the study of the Bible when I read these. I was challenging myself to read the whole Bible in a year because I knew it would be discipline to keep at it daily. I do, however, plan to pick up a book and study what it is saying. Those will be longer reads and more notes.

So here is my review from my "Read the Bible in a Year" challenge. Usually just snippets of thou
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jude a short book was about false teachers and believers guarding against such so as not to be mislead. It was also about encouraging believers to stand firm in the faith.

0 But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God’s love.

Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Book of Jude such a short book, just one chapter but filled with so much. Build up yourself in the faith by praying in the Spirit, speak to the power that comes with praying in the Holy Spirit. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Bless the name of Jesus!
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Glen
Jul 29, 2018
Andy Zach
Dec 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

Bible (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • Genesis