Start by marking “Jude (Bible #65), ESV” as Want to Read:
Jude (Bible #65), ESV

Jude (Bible #65), ESV

(Bible #65)

1 page
Published (first published 120)

To ask other readers questions about Jude (Bible #65), ESV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jude (Bible #65), ESV

Start your review of Jude (Bible #65), ESV
Faith
“But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference:”
‭‭~ Jude‬ ‭1:20-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Shantelle
A short book of warning, and some interesting topics.

"To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power, and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevemore! Amen. Jude 1:24-25 NIV
Victoria Goodbrand
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
so apparently I’ve already read this, this year and accidentally reread it?? whoops. xD never hurts to read it twice!
Elizabeth Dragina
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
💖💖💖
Charlene
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The letter of Jude only contains 32 verses. However the letter demonstrates that Jude was very serious about his faith in Jesus Christ. Jude provides an exhortation of how to and the importance of contended for our faith.

Recommended for ALL Christian's!
Loraine
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jude is the shortest book in the Bible with only 32 verses. Jude was one of Jesus' brothers. In this short book, Jude repudiates those who oppose Christianity because the church had degenerated. He tells the faithful to fight for a historic faith and not be taken in by false prophets. ...more
Jules
Jan 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: bible-challenge
Only one book left to go. Ooh, the anticipation!

MY BIBLE CHALLENGE:
In January 2015 I set myself the challenge to read the complete Bible within a year. I discovered that was an unrealistic challenge, and decided to pick up my Bible as and when I felt ready to read more of it. Here is a link to all the reviews in my Bible challenge so far:

Joan Haughton
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book of Jude has only one chapter but it is very potent.

Words from the entire book of Jude:

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delive
John Stanifer
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Na, na, na, NA NA NA NA!!! Oh, sorry. Wrong Jude . . .

*Ahem*

Jude is a short but passionate letter, with a few curious passages that hint at intriguing stories long lost (presumably) to our common storehouse of lore.

"Yet when Michael the archangel was disputing with the devil in an argument about Moses's body, he did not dare utter a slanderous condemnation against him . . ."
Jude 9

Um . . . what?

Michael and Satan once argued over Moses's body? Now THAT would have been an argument well worth hearin
Faith
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jude v. 3
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
John Martindale
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
THE AUTHOR
So first, off, who is the author? It is Judas... but... as we all know, another man by this name spoiled it forever. So there was a name changed to protect the innocent, yes they replace the AS with an E, leaving us with Jude.

Jude, was likely the youngest brother of Jesus, with his others brothers, he had his doubts about Jesus, if you think about it, how bizarre would it be if your oldest brother went about claiming to be God and the savior of the world! I am sure it was unsettling t
Captmashpea
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was a fun short little book. It definitely was a product of its time in the warnings and the sayings but the message of it is the same, be warned against people who have twisted the gospel into something it is not, and that is a very good warning.
I read this in the message version but I wanted to include this as a separate book entry into Goodreads so that's why it's the ESV. I also compared some of the passages to my Kindle hcsb version (the one Beth Moore uses).
Hard copy and eBook cross-c
SweetheartSeerBooks
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Written by the brother of Jesus and James, this book encourages Christian's to stand strong in their faith.

God is continually being hurt and let down by us humans. It is heartbreaking. The speaking I'll against God part really got to me because there are times when I may not have outright spoken ill but I denied. When I didnt believe.

Then there were times when I did speak ill to sort of try to relate to others because I wanted to what? Fit in? Be accepted by them? For what? ...

Not worth hurting
Wesley Scarbrough
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jude Review (No Spoilers)

Jude is the second to last book in the Bible. I see it as kind of a reminder and a warning to obey God’s commands and to be a good Christian. It says that God will judge us and that we have to be prepared. It said to not follow ungodly desires and warned us that the wicked will not go to heaven. I think this was a good warning and reminder. I give Jude 4/5 stars.
nicolette
Jun 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: bible-things
here we are reminded that there are false teachers among us, and we are provided with ways to prevent ourselves from getting influenced by them: keeping ourselves spiritually, praying in the Holy Spirit and looking to Jesus, our living hope. but the best part is this: God is the One that prevents us from stumbling. so we look to Him, we do what we can, but ultimately our trust is in Him, not in our efforts.
Benjamin Stahl
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this short book of the New Testament very interesting in that it makes many references to the lives of the Heavenly Angels - I cannot remember many if any direct references being made to such events as the Archangel Michael battling the Devil or Lucifer's banishment from Heaven. Maybe I have just forgotten, but if not I would like to know where such revelations were first given. ...more
Joan Haughton
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jude a short book was about false teachers and believers guarding against such so as not to be mislead. It was also about encouraging believers to stand firm in the faith.

0 But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God’s love.

BLESS THE NAME OF JESUS!
Courtney
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The reading of God's Word is so remarkable that there is nothing that I can say to make it any better. Please, if you are a lost soul, turn to God! He can heal you and give you the greatest peace that you will ever know! ...more
Glow
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not sure when I actually read this this year, but I know I did. I'm just putting it in between Romans and 3 John, because there are a few days in there that are unaccounted for. ...more
Alexis Genareo
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books in the bible. I think that this is a book that has a lot going on in such a short time.
MayorEmma
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a doxology!!!
Chere' Brady
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Now unto him who is able to keep us from falling. Rev. Machen spoke this so often. Please keep us Father.
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Real intense.
Liam
Apr 05, 2020 added it
Reading through the Scriptures alongside the book introductions of the ESV Study, Calvin and Luther.
Amber
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, bible
Family Bible time re-read aloud, NKJV.
Milly
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I was drawn toward the message in this book!! It is extremely true on why we should stay true to our faith and beliefs.

Chp. 17-19 “..in the last days, people won’t take things seriously anymore...they’ll treat things like a joke..”

Chp. 20-21 “..But you dear friends, build yourself up in the most holy faith...This is the unending life, the real life!”

(MSG version)
Andrea Cox
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
by Andrea Renee Cox

This book is very encouraging to me. I highly recommend it.
RA Ratterman
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this work of immense interest and importance.
The compilation of historical accounts, wisdom & proverbial insights, and thought provoking texts, along with descriptive and informative footnotes, are of great value.
Explanations, including varying scholarly views depicting the material related in this book, are available for each of the 66 individual books of the Bible.
This book is but one of the individual 66 books/letters which were written by forty different authors over at least 1500 ye

• Lamentations, KJV (Bible)
  • Scarification (Irons and Works, #6)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
  • My Last Skirt: The Story of Jennie Hodgers, Union Soldier
  • A Puppy for His Little (Collared by Love, #1)
  • American Traditional (Irons and Works, #3)
  • Bio-Mechanical (Irons and Works, #4)
  • Second Act (His Chance #1)
  • Challenging Chance (Love Letters #3)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Snap Shot (Cayuga Cougars, #1)
  • Reservations
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • The Only Way to Live (The Mechanics of Love, #1)
  • A Family for His Daddy (Collared by Love, #3)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • The Boy Who Belonged (The Boy #1.5-2)
  • Unveiled: Tamar (Lineage of Grace #1)
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

Bible (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • Genesis (Bible, #1)