Start by marking “James (Bible #59), ESV” as Want to Read:
James (Bible #59), ESV

James (Bible #59), ESV

(Bible #59)

Published (first published 85)

To ask other readers questions about James (Bible #59), ESV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about James (Bible #59), ESV

Start your review of James (Bible #59), ESV
Els
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, I have it memorized for all practical purposes and my team won the Bible Bowl, so- mission accomplished? Ish? Need to do some more memorizing- that part of my brain is getting rusty.
Shantelle
James ... another short but great book from the Bible! :)
Courtney
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The reading of God's Word is so remarkable that there is nothing that I can say to make it any better. Please, if you are a lost soul, turn to God! He can heal you and give you the greatest peace that you will ever know!
Joan Haughton
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book of James commands Christians to pursue a life of holiness. Christians evidence of their faith is by walking in certain ways and not others. Faith that does not produce real life change is a faith that is worthless James 2:17 - So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

BLESS THE NAME OF JESUS!
Amber
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible, non-fiction
Re-read aloud during Family Bible Time.
Chere' Brady
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love your neighbor
Suzanne Cowan
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books of the Bible.
Mrs. Gold
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book of James is my all-time favorite book of the Bible to read. I used to read a chapter from James every day, but this year I have read through the book only six times, and I look forward to reading it again. James is my favorite Biblical author because he was not afraid to use sarcasm and irony to make much-needed jabs at believers' poor decisions. If the books of the Bible had all been given topical titles, I feel that James would have titled his book, "Stop and Think." It is full of ...more
Wesley Scarbrough
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
James Review (No Spoilers)

James might be one of my favorite books of the Bible. Even though it’s short, I feel like James has a lot of good advice. The advice in James can help us live a Christian lifestyle. James is a very helpful book of the Bible. I have found some of the best advice here. I would reccomend this book to anyone. I give James 5/5 stars.
Captmashpea
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Book of James is one of my favorite books in the Bible. I think the material is easy to understand and easy to it just makes logical sense and I think it's very encouraging I had to memorize the book of it in 5th grade and I don't have all that memorize still but I think they picked a good book.
A book with Kindle dictation.
Molly
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trying to read the whole Bible, I’ve decided I’ll never do it in a year, but I’m chipping away a little at a time. I read all of James last month during a women’s challenge at church. Good book, this one.
Benjamin Stahl
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
An impassioned reprimand to those who turn away from God.
Whitney
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full of wisdom and such a pleasure to read. Really helped to ease some of my anxiety.
Jodie
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
faith = good deeds!
Jon
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
Most notable from James is that this book seems to disagree with the previous Pauline books regarding redemption via faith, versus redemption via good works.
Betsy Gant
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very humbling book. Definitely helps to pray through this wisdom.
Kristin
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book for the practice of walking out your faith. Tame your tongue, ask for wisdom, and do good works. Enjoyed reading this in morning time.
Fables&Wren
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 03-stars, bible-books
WrensReads Review:

Sidenote: The reason for such vague and short and "eh" words on each of these books, is because I wasn't challenging the study of the Bible when I read these. I was challenging myself to read the whole Bible in a year because I knew it would be discipline to keep at it daily. I do, however, plan to pick up a book and study what it is saying. Those will be longer reads and more notes.

So here is my review from my "Read the Bible in a Year" challenge. Usually just snippets of
Doyle
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
je l'ai lu selon la traduction de Louis Ségond (1910), disponible sur Wikisource (selon divers grands traducteurs passés) : c'est extrêmement court et facile à lire.

Cette édification morale insiste - au dépit de Luther - sur la nécessité d'adjoindre absolument les oeuvres à la foi pour s'accomplir, sur l'importance de la patience dans l'épreuve même si le mal capitalisé par les riches est fustigé.

On ne peut opter pour la colère humaine car elle s'oppose à la justice divine mais la bonne parole
Royce Ratterman
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this work of immense interest and importance.
The compilation of historical accounts, wisdom & proverbial insights, and thought provoking texts, along with descriptive and informative footnotes, are of great value.
Explanations, including varying scholarly views depicting the material related in this book, are available for each of the 66 individual books of the Bible.
This book is but one of the individual 66 books/letters which were written by forty different authors over at least
Joan Haughton

Jun 21, 2017
John Stanifer
Dec 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Alice in Wonderland (Disney Alice in Wonderland)
  • The Spider Weaver: A Legend Of Kente Cloth
  • Mansa Musa: Leader of Mali (World Cultures Through Time)
  • Holly Banks Full of Angst
  • Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?
  • Woodrow, the White House Mouse
  • Use Your Brain
  • The Wife (Kristin Lavransdatter, #2)
  • Usborne Time Traveler
  • Buffalo Bill
  • Babette's Feast
  • The Ring
  • The Biggest Bear
  • The Cross (Kristin Lavransdatter, #3)
  • Squanto and the Miracle of Thanksgiving
  • What's Smaller Than a Pygmy Shrew?
  • Every Trick in the Book (Novel Idea, #2)
  • The Baby Bump: 100s of Secrets to Surviving Those 9 Long Months
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

Bible (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • Genesis (Bible, #1)
  • Judges (Bible #7), ESV
  • Ruth (Bible #8), ESV
  • The Bible, King James Version, Book 9: 1 Samuel
  • 2 Samuel (Bible #10), ESV
“Count it all joy, my brothers,when you meet trials of various kinds,for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. -James 1:2-4” 2 likes
“God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.-JAMES 4:6” 0 likes