Start by marking “Down In New Orleans” as Want to Read:
Down In New Orleans

Down In New Orleans

When artist Ann Marcel tries to help her husband Jon clear his name of a shocking murder charge, she steps into the shadowy and sensual New Orleans world of erotic clubs and after-hours jazz joints. Racing against time and the detective determined to send Jon to prison, Ann is soon embroiled in a fight for her life.
Published April 1st 1996 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Down In New Orleans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down In New Orleans

Sláinte Wanderlust

Cover & Title - 3 out 5
Favorite Character - Cindy

"anger was passion"

I could not of been more pleased by this book!
As soon as i started i was hooked, i am not joking - when i finished reading the first page i knew i would have to know everything. I didn't have as much time to read this book non-stop as i would normally do but every time i had to stop reading i was thinking about it & rushing to read it again.
I was describing this book to a friend while i was reading it, this is what i said; suspense, drama, mysteCindy
"anger
Aisha Oaktree
Originally posted on By The Broomstick
It wasn't until I was searching for the links for this book that I discovered that it is a re-issue with a new cover & I'm sure some updating on the language& things like cellphones. since i have never read it, I'm intrigued by it.

This is a different take on the typical Graham book, this time the woman isn't a cop, or even close to being a cop, she's an artist. For a book placed in New Orleans the only Voodoo participant is a secondary character & ther
Sharon
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, new-orleans
This book starts off with a bang -- Jon Marcel shows up at his ex-wife Ann's door, covered in blood and saying "I didn't do it." One of the women whose portrait he painted has been murdered. Then, he goes into shock and, eventually, into a coma.

So, we meet detective Mark LaCrosse as he interviews Ann at the hospital .. since Jon is his prime suspect. However, there's another murder while Jon is in the hospital ... and soon murders or attempts thereof seem to dog Ann's footsteps.
Tina
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fianna Whitman
Jul 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
I could not finish this book. In fact, I really couldn't start this book. This is how the beginning goes:
1. Marcel (Artist) is on his way to ex wife's house because they are going to an art show.
2. He's late and when he arrives he falls into ex-wife's arms, bleeding to death from 12 stab wounds.
3. Doctor says all major organs have been damaged.
4. Detectives (without investigation) say he's the killer of a prostitute found in an alley.
5. Marcel's blood trail led 3 bl
Sandy
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Down in New Orleans

A very interesting and suspense filled story of murder and mistrust. An artist painting portraits of the dancers/ prostitutes working at a jazz club falls in love with one of them but is soon the number one suspect in her murder. The only one who seems to believe in his innocence is his ex-wife who finds herself uncontrollably attracted to the lead detective on the case who is trying to prove her ex is guilty. What a confusing case and it makes for great reading.
Heather Bireley
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this suspense romance. I love everything Heather Graham writes and this was no exception. I thought I might have read it before but as I got further into it I hadn't.

Jon and Ann Marcel are divorced but best friends. Both artists in New Orleans they share a very unique relationship. Jon has painted a series of pictures from a strip club. On opening night of the showing of his paintings Jon arrives at Ann's door covered in blood and saying he didn't do it.

This story had some very uniqu
Brenda Davidson
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It keeps you from putting down the book.

I chose the ratings base on how I couldn't put the book down.
I would recommend this book to people who would like to see what happens to the ladies who work the strip clubs. That they are working moms and dads and
students trying to make a living.
Bev Hoffman-Rush
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book fanatic

I dtartedreading Heather Graham's books about 6 months ago. I am hooked. End up reading them.pretty quickly as I like to know what is happening. Been an avid reader all my life. Probably will never stop. She is a great actor and speaks my interest to where I can't stop reading.
Bren
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this quite awhile ago. It takes place primarily in New Orleans. It is a mystery, gritty and dark and filled with fun and odd characters and one twist after another.

Only gripe? I wanted to do a reread but the price is crazy..it is selling for like 50 bucks. I was a bit baffled by that and still am. Every now and again I check as I'd like to own a hard copy of this book.
diana romano
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Down in new Orleans

Another winner. Great romance and mystery. This author writes wonderful storylines and great characters in every book. I have read all her paranormal ghost series with FBI agents as they are my favorite. Read most of her romance books also. Over fifty of them. I highly recommend all her book s to all. Diana Romano
Claudette Smith
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder n mystery in New Orleans

Oh how I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars. What an incredible read. I think I have found myself a new author.
Being from the New Orleans area, I really liked reading about my city in such a good light. This book will keep you guessing till the end.
Susie Marino
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once I started reading this book I couldn't wait to finish it. This is the first book I have read by this author . It was a good mystery and had me laughing out loud at certain parts. I plan on reading more from this author in the future.
Charles A. Geer
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good suspense, romance in New Orleans culture

A fun, quick read which is well written and keeps the suspense to the last pages. A clever plot of murder, a good flavor of New Orleans culture including two tracks deep into the bayou complete with ample romance and intimacy.
Jen Girod
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg!

I have read Heather Graham for years. This was the best one yet. Great action, fantastic sex scenes. And its about my favorite city in the world. In definitely recommend this book for an afternoon or weekend distraction!!
Denise Schellinger
Excellent

Excellent! One of the best romance and suspense I’ve read in a long time! I love that there’s a lot of suspense, a definite twist and some romance. She does go over board on the romance or try get to over the top with the sex. It was so well done and so well
Written!!
joe childs
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the story Love New Orleans anf the atmosphere of the city and the many twists and turns of the plot. Caught me by surprise.I wo

recommend a hmm posted for a great mystery that's an interesting flavor of the big Easy.Good bye and good night reading
Sandra K. Miller
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New Orleans add flavor to the mystery. Some of the characters were somewhat stereotypical and shallow but each add to the tension. This is one mystery in which I wasn't able to guess the perpetrator before the ending.
Laureen
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book, quick read. I wish the characters had been flushed out a bit more but otherwise I enjoyed the story and the mystery.
Karen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really grabbed me from almost the first page, first because it’s set in New Orleans, but then the characters took the stage and the plot thickened. I had trouble putting the book down!
Mel
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review

This was definitely a great read!! Graham kept this one moving right along with plenty of intensity and suspense! This is one you won’t want to miss!
Cathie Schumaker
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
She's a prolific author. I'll have to check out some of her other books. A little too much "romance" for me.
Amy Cox
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a slow start. I didn't expect the ending and it got more fired up the last 100 pages.
Loraine F Langlois
Constant suspense

Couldn’t put it down. Just had to keep going for the next surprise and tense moments. One extreme moment led to the next.
Bobbie Barker Ulmer
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, New Orleans is a favorite destination for us. The places, jazz bars and foods in the story brought back fun memories.
Crystal
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the characters, good plot, happy ending.
Mare
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice bit of escape.
Portia
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the setting of New Orleans and it was a good mystery too.
Marene
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook-books
Quick, easy romantic mystery
Nancy
Jul 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very disappointing. Could barely finish this book. Not the best effort of Heather Graham. Usually, a huge fan.
Nook books: July 14, 2017 1 1 Jul 14, 2017 07:48PM

• Tempestuous Eden
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • A Teaching Handbook for Wiccans and Pagans: Practical Guidance for Sharing Your Path
  • Goddess in the Middle (Forgotten Goddesses, #3)
  • How to Marry a Warlock in 10 Days (10 Days, #2)
  • Witch Moon (Shayne's Supernaturals, #6)
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis