Start by marking “Down In New Orleans” as Want to Read:
Down In New Orleans

Down In New Orleans

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  731 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
When artist Ann Marcel tries to help her husband Jon clear his name of a shocking murder charge, she steps into the shadowy and sensual New Orleans world of erotic clubs and after-hours jazz joints. Racing against time and the detective determined to send Jon to prison, Ann is soon embroiled in a fight for her life.
Published April 1st 1996 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Down In New Orleans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down In New Orleans

Wanderlust

Cover & Title - 3 out 5
Favorite Character - Cindy

"anger was passion"

I could not of been more pleased by this book!
As soon as i started i was hooked, i am not joking - when i finished reading the first page i knew i would have to know everything. I didn't have as much time to read this book non-stop as i would normally do but every time i had to stop reading i was thinking about it & rushing to read it again.
I was describing this book to a friend while i was reading it, this is what i
Aisha Oaktree
Originally posted on By The Broomstick
It wasn't until I was searching for the links for this book that I discovered that it is a re-issue with a new cover & I'm sure some updating on the language& things like cellphones. since i have never read it, I'm intrigued by it.

This is a different take on the typical Graham book, this time the woman isn't a cop, or even close to being a cop, she's an artist. For a book placed in New Orleans the only Voodoo participant is a secondary character &am
Sharon
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, new-orleans
This book starts off with a bang -- Jon Marcel shows up at his ex-wife Ann's door, covered in blood and saying "I didn't do it." One of the women whose portrait he painted has been murdered. Then, he goes into shock and, eventually, into a coma.

So, we meet detective Mark LaCrosse as he interviews Ann at the hospital .. since Jon is his prime suspect. However, there's another murder while Jon is in the hospital ... and soon murders or attempts thereof seem to dog Ann's footsteps.

Inevitably, inexo
Tina
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather Bireley
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this suspense romance. I love everything Heather Graham writes and this was no exception. I thought I might have read it before but as I got further into it I hadn't.

Jon and Ann Marcel are divorced but best friends. Both artists in New Orleans they share a very unique relationship. Jon has painted a series of pictures from a strip club. On opening night of the showing of his paintings Jon arrives at Ann's door covered in blood and saying he didn't do it.

This story had some very uniqu
diana romano
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Down in new Orleans

Another winner. Great romance and mystery. This author writes wonderful storylines and great characters in every book. I have read all her paranormal ghost series with FBI agents as they are my favorite. Read most of her romance books also. Over fifty of them. I highly recommend all her book s to all. Diana Romano
Claudette Smith
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder n mystery in New Orleans

Oh how I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars. What an incredible read. I think I have found myself a new author.
Being from the New Orleans area, I really liked reading about my city in such a good light. This book will keep you guessing till the end.
Charles A. Geer
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good suspense, romance in New Orleans culture

A fun, quick read which is well written and keeps the suspense to the last pages. A clever plot of murder, a good flavor of New Orleans culture including two tracks deep into the bayou complete with ample romance and intimacy.
Susie Marino
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once I started reading this book I couldn't wait to finish it. This is the first book I have read by this author . It was a good mystery and had me laughing out loud at certain parts. I plan on reading more from this author in the future.
Jen Girod
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg!

I have read Heather Graham for years. This was the best one yet. Great action, fantastic sex scenes. And its about my favorite city in the world. In definitely recommend this book for an afternoon or weekend distraction!!
Nook books: July 14, 2017 1 1 Jul 14, 2017 07:48PM
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • Burn
  • Slow Burn
  • Goddess in the Middle (Forgotten Goddesses, #3)
  • A Teaching Handbook for Wiccans and Pagans: Practical Guidance for Sharing Your Path
  • How to Marry a Warlock in 10 Days (10 Days, #2)
  • Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World
  • Witch Moon (Shayne's Supernaturals, #6)
  • Once Again a Bride
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes, Volume 2
  • Lust Plague (Steamwork Chronicles, #2)
  • Horns of Power: Manifestations of the Horned God
  • Cowboy Behind the Badge (Sweetwater Ranch, #2)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)
  • A Pagan Book of ABCs
  • Hooked: When Addiction Hits Home
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar, #3)
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis Po
More about Heather Graham Pozzessere...