Start by marking “The Summer Son (The Rift #4)” as Want to Read:
The Summer Son (The Rift #4)

The Summer Son

(The Rift #4)

In The Summer Son, the last volume of The Rift, the end is at hand.

A small group of men and women who have survived the plague now find themselves trapped between Sam's Children, a host of undead beasts, and the SNF, an army of living men no less vile. To defeat both enemies, the survivors will need all their fortitude.

Reaching the Florida coast just might be the only hope
Published July 24th 2012 by T.R.O. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Summer Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer Son

Start your review of The Summer Son (The Rift #4)
One Pushy Fox
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
For those of you unfamiliar with this series, you can check out information on the first three books here, here and here. For those of you who are familiar with this gut-wrenching, amazing, absolutely brilliant series, I will do my best NOT to be spoilery. But really....it won't be easy!

We rejoin the folks we left in Death Springs Eternal after the enormous cliffhangers and life for the people in this world aren't good. Surrounded by madness, murder and destruction, it's hard to imagine how thes
A.G. Dow
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well, the end has come. Robert Duperre has delivered his final installment in The Rift series and we must now say good-bye to all of the characters we have grown to love, and hate, inside the pages of his last three books. When I first read the post online about this book being released I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it. I was thrilled to see that it had been completed and was now ready to read, as I couldn't wait to see where the story would go and what would become of the fictional men ...more
Darkfallen
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-n-reviewed
WOW...okay...here I go. It's all come down to this, and Robert Duperre doesn't disappoint!!

There are only a few survivors left between Sam and his monsters, and the SNF (a human army that's' no less evil than Sam). To say that these survivors are lucky to be alive would be an understatement. But they are and that's what matters. Now they are left to take on Sam and the SNF on their own. There's not much hope for humanity...but there is some.

Truthfully I was a little worried going into this book.
shawn barker
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Long Read That Grows on you

I started this series knowing nothing about the author or the book. At firs I didn’t care for the writing with the first book but continued on simply out of finishing what I started. Through the second book it began to grow on me and the characters became more real and more important. Because the length of the series you become friends and bitter enemies of the characters. To the point of shedding actual tears for them in moments.
The storyline is an apocalyptic zombi
Steven Simpson
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie-horror
Ok here we go, just finished the final installment of the Rift series by Robert J Duperre.

I have to say I really enjoyed it, action packed and all the books where neetly tide together as parts of book 1,2 and 3 you wondered where it was going, but as I said it all ties together.

Book 4 summer son continues where book 3 finished. it follows the journey of the main charactors and there persute of destiny, there are chased by the evil Sam and his hord of disfigured mutant zombies.

Im not going to spo
Melissajane Clingan
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
With the amount of detail leading up to the final struggle I thought for sure there was to be a fifth book. And then I got to what I felt was a quickly thrown together epilogue. And the series was done. It just feels very incomplete to me.
Cliff Townsend
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three books I felt was a bit much for a build up to the last book but in the end it was worth it. The last book was quite good and I enjoyed it right through. The end was a rather interesting twist of design.
Thom
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: done
A long read, 4 volumes, but not a bad zombie story if you're into that kind of thing.
Don
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent work! Super conclusion to the series
Elizabeth Mcqueen
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The best one yet - hated that it finished - had me in tears!
Renato R. Chacon
Sep 07, 2014
Dan
Oct 29, 2017
Montana Medina
rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2013
Ross
Dec 09, 2014
Katelin Gannon
Jan 17, 2016
Peter McGovern
Dec 28, 2013
Robert Duperre
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Linda Harrison
Dec 31, 2015

• Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump
  • Maggie-Now
  • City of the Dead (The Rising #2)
  • The Rising (The Rising #1)
  • The End of Everything: Book 8
  • World Departed (Cascadia, #1)
  • Dead: the Series (Dead #1-12)
Born on Cape Cod and raised in northern Connecticut, Robert Duperre is a writer whose main ambition is to create works that defy genre. His first novel, "The Fall: The Rift Book I" is now available in paperback and for the Amazon Kindle.

Robert lives with his wife, the artist Jessica Torrant, his three wonderful children, and Leonardo, the super one-eyed Labrador.

The Rift (4 books)
  • The Fall (The Rift #1)
  • Dead of Winter (The Rift #2)
  • Death Springs Eternal (The Rift #3)

News & Interviews