Start by marking “Jane-A-Day: 5 Year Journal: 365 Witticisms by Jane Austen” as Want to Read:
Jane-A-Day: 5 Year Journal: 365 Witticisms by Jane Austen

Jane-A-Day: 5 Year Journal: 365 Witticisms by Jane Austen

A Jane Austen journal sure to delight and inspire!

This five-year journal has become one of the most popular ways to keep a diary. Simply turn to today's date and take a few moments to reflect on one of 365 quotes from Austen's iconic works. When you finish the year, start again. As the years pass, you'll notice how your entries evolve alongside the timeless witticisms of
Published November 8th 2011 by Crown Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Jane-A-Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane-A-Day

Start your review of Jane-A-Day: 5 Year Journal: 365 Witticisms by Jane Austen
Marie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I ordered this online and it was much smaller than I was hoping for... hardly any room to write, less than half a sheet of paper. That being said, the Austen quotes are wonderful.
Laurel
This charming journal completely missed my radar when it was released last November. Not surprising, really. Who would know from the title listed online that it was inspired by Jane Austen?

The actual cover is more helpful; it has a subtitle, 365 Witticisms by Jane Austen, that was unfortunately omitted in the online listings. Bingo! Janeites will also recognize her silhouette in the cover design, but the uninitiated will be clueless. Honestly, Jane-a-Day could be for any famous Jane, like:
Clarissa Simmens
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I missed the point about Jane Austen in the 60’s when in high school. She had nothing to say, as far as I was concerned. What could this silly maiden aunt from the upper class tell a blue collar daughter? My heroes in high school were Dylan, Ginsberg, Kerouac, all the Beat Poets and Plath of The Bell Jar.

I rediscovered Austen, the Brontes, Woolf and Plath of poetry after returning to school in my 20’s. Like most converts, I embraced them obsessively. Now, because of some talented Indie authors,
LaVerne George
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
I have not yet completed the 5-year journey with this book, but I continue to find enjoyment every night. The daily quotes come not only from Austen's published works, but also from her letters and the letters of her family. After reading the quote and smiling at the memory or wisdom, I use the brief space as a "gratitude" journal to record the events, things and people for which I am grateful that day. I don't often note it, but I am grateful for Jane-A-Day!
Jeanne
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I recently began to write in this 5-year journal. I've only kept a weekly journal for many years, but this is easy enough to write in every day. I like the concept of coming back to the same page every year for five years. There isn't enough space to write everything, which forces me to condense my thoughts.
Cecelia Blair
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Obviously this is not a book, but I love this diary. Beautiful quality, will last forever! I am working on my 2nd year of the 5 years. I was worried they might not sell it in the future, so I bought a few extra. I should be good for the next 20 years of my life!
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I had this for a few years, must find it between my things and proceed!

Emi Mukai
Oct 13, 2018
Veronica
May 15, 2014
Kendra
rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2018
Rebecca St.Ann
Feb 10, 2018
Nikel27
Sep 13, 2017

• Baking with Grace: Discover the Recipe for Ooh La La!
  • The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place
  • The Book on the Bookshelf
  • Half Broke Horses
  • The Printing Revolution in Early Modern Europe
  • Owl Babies
  • The Book: The Life Story of a Technology
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through A History of Magic
  • Sources of the Holocaust
  • Luciana: Out of This World (American Girl: Girl of the Year 2018, Book 3)
  • The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures
  • Blaire
  • Blaire Cooks Up a Plan
  • Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library (Mr. Lemoncello's Library #1)
  • Salt in My Soul: An Unfinished Life
  • Crimes Against a Book Club
  • Mansfield Park
  • Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen