Start by marking “The Color of Greed (Raja Williams #1)” as Want to Read:
The Color of Greed (Raja Williams #1)

The Color of Greed

(Raja Williams #1)

What do a private detective, a hacker and an assassin have in common? The desire to help when justice needs a hand.

Neither the dark, tragic anti-hero nor the James Bond super-hero type, Raja is a wealthy Oxford-educated PI of mixed Caribbean descent who possesses a strong empathic power and a sixth sense for evil that gives him headaches and steers him straight into troub
Published July 24th 2012 by Crackerjack Publishing (first published July 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Color of Greed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Color of Greed

Start your review of The Color of Greed (Raja Williams #1)
Tulay
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading this book.

Like spending time with these characters, thrill, mystery, suspense and humor are all in this book. Rich PI always wants to help people with his talented hacker, all the technology on her fingertips. Kept me guessing all the way to the last chapter. 15 rules Raja uses should be practiced by everyone.
Mandy
I received this book in return for a honest review from the author Jack Thompson. The book is about Raja Williams a private investigator who doesn't charge his clients but asks them to pay it forward. He has his own private plane, drives Ferrari's and has a partner who is one of the best hackers out there who happens to look like a super model.

Raja gets called to L.A. to find out what happened to a grieving widow's younger husband who's murdered on his yacht. Once he starts to unravel the murde
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri by: Jack Thompson
Review of The Color of Greed
Raja Williams is not the routine private investigator. Of Caribbean background, he is very wealthy, yet unassuming, an individual of real moral integrity and backbone. His business partner Vinny is a former hacker-turned NSA employee-turned hacker again, who can make any computer or database tap dance on the head of a pin, and find out anything there is to be known. The two of them function well as individuals, but as a team are unbeatable; and Raja has other “team me
Nancy Silk
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the first detective story I've read by Jack Thompson. It reminds me of the old time radio shows where the private detective comes to the aid of a woman; in this case, a recent widow. The author doesn't waste any words and neither does a good detective put his feet up on his desk. It's time for action, and that is what the novel offers. Detective Raja Williams speeds to the west coast at the call of new client, Clarice Hope. Her husband, Randy, had been found dead on the topside of his ya ...more
Critique de Book
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What I liked: “Wow” is all I can say. The name of this book fits perfectly - it was a story about greed – greed – greed. I loved the characters. They came alive for me, most especially Raja and Vinny. Their struggles touched me. The story flowed easily – like water - and was so riveting that I was unable to put it down. I read to escape, and this book was packed full of everything you would expect a mystery to be and then some more. A great read and look forward to reading more.

What I didn’t li
Shirley
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love a good mystery that features a lead character that has an attitude and this one fits the profile. Another character type I like is the computer" geek"and ergo this book has met two of my favorite prerequisites. Looking forward to reading more from this author ...more
Mike French
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable page turner! I am looking to the next Raja Williams book.
Julie
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
When private investigator Raja Williams receives a call from Clarice Hope, who insists that her husband Randy was murdered, he decides to fly out to California and take on the case. The police declared Randy's death an accident, but it doesn't take long for Raja to believe that he was indeed murdered. With help from his partner and hacker, Vinny, Raja works to uncover what really happened.

The Color of Greed by Jack Thompson is a fun mystery with an old-fashioned feel to it. It reminded me of the
Sharon Michael
Oct 13, 2012 rated it liked it
With a bit of an old-fashioned tone to the storyline. The very rich, well-dressed main character reminded me vaguely of an early favorite of mine, Del Shannon's LAPD Lt. Mendoza, updated in this case by a quirky hacker partner.

Standard plotline, with private detective coming to the aid of a distressed widow. The political situation, which has apparently triggered a series of murders, brings this mystery into a very modern storyline. Interesting twists make this an entertaining, quick read.

My onl
Joyce
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great plot and fast paced. My only dislike was that there wee times when no explanations were given for deductions that were made. The characters were interesting and the reader will want to know more about them. All in all, I will look for more Raja Williams novels.
dennis l mcnett
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This was a story that fit my interest to a t. Kept me waiting for the the next page with excitement
Silver Screen Videos
NOTE: The author graciously gave me a copy of this book and asked me to write a review.

The independently wealthy private detective is a time honored character in mysteries, dating back to the days of Lord Peter Wimsey and Nick and Nora Charles. Author Jack Thompson carries that concept forward into the 21st century in The Color of Greed. Thompson's detective, Raja Williams, is the heir to a liquor fortune and probably has a net worth that would exceed that of Wimsey and the Charleses combined. W
Tony Parsons
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pacific Ocean CA. The Maid Marion (40’ yacht) arrived in the Alamitos Bay Yacht Club (Seal Beach).
Sandy & Darryl Harmon were getting quite hot/heavy.
The Clarice (Azimut 40’ high-end luxury sports yacht) had come right up next to them.
Detective Thomas “Tommy” Rafferty (LAPD) & Dr. Sharon Becker (Chief of Forensics, LA County coroner) had arrived on the crime scene.
Randall “Randy” Hope (32, husband) was the deceased found on board.
Clarice Hope (yacht owner, nee Smith) called Raja Williams (PI,
Alan McBee
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quit-reading
Bev
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read, own-it
This story is about murder, greed of course, and how high on the food chain the corruption goes. When a wealthy heiress's husband is found dead on his yacht, Raja and Leeny is called out to California to find out who killed him. The more they dig into things, the more things they find that they don't like. Soon just staying alive is at the top of their list of things to do. But who is really after them? The Chinese mafia, or the governor? This is a great story that will keep your interest with t ...more
Rhonda
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt like I had read this before, but I kept reading. It is a good story with a lot of characters of questionable ethics. The body count is adding up and with his loyal friend and college Vinney, things go from bad to worse until the case is solved. True dat! Gotta love Vinney. Raja Williams is the man to go to to solve this crime. A good read. I felt like I had read this before, but I kept reading. I did receive this book free and have enjoyed leaving an honest review.
Lee
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love Vinny she’s my hero. And Raja just “knows” when something is wrong and begins to work on the problem. He was asked to look into the murder of Randy Hope by his wife, Clarice.
This is a twisted tale combining different people and their own weaknesses, obsessions, and goals. so it’s easy to not see the total picture until the end. The building of the characters and the story line are beautifully dealt with. Mr. Thompson has created a great series that I will enjoy reading.
Robert Rawls
Jul 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bland doesn't cut it

It came up as a suggestion and I checked reviews even ! I had to add mine to keep things real.

Predictable, Dull, Contrived w no clear purpose other than this super rich guy and this omnipotent hacker. Did I say how good looking they both were? Language is extremely simplistic pretending to be hip. Suspense = Zero.
Neera Sawhney
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Color Of Greed caught my interest from the very first page. I just could not put it down. Raja Williams reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, a detective who follows the clues and whose intuition is spot on. Raja and Vinny are a perfect foil for each other. This is a must read series.

Kim
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I really enjoyed the mystery book. It was a good quick read. It was easy to get attached to the characters in the book, and allow them to take you on their solving of a murder mystery. Look forward to the next book in the series.
Lisa
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just an ok read in that there where lots of pages that could have been written with way more action and lots less boring facts. Just wasn’t a great action story. It was a great story line, but the writing left the reader trying to figure out what exactly the writer was trying to explain
SA Krishnan
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raja and Vinny form a very interesting group to investigate into a murder. The story has plenty of action and enough of family moments between Raja and Vinny. The dialogues seem natural and it blends with the story. Enjoyed it.
Barb
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book 📚, a very good mystery, well written, good characters, and the story moved right along.
Jeanie Kidd
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book I really enjoyed reading this book . A lot of the things happen that actually sounds realistic and cover ups. Especially the Goverment and political people.
Pat Welte
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. Different point of view.
pat goode
Enjoyd

Was a good story,but of drama,but of humour,I liked the characters too.also lot of computer skills told the story too
Georgina Currie
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Color of Greed

What a great book, could not put the book down. Can not wit to get the next book, cast LA vie.
Cameron Wiggins
Aug 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Jack Thompson's "The Color of Greed" is a very good book. Moreover, it is just a fun book to read. "Greed" is like one of those old gumshoe novels fastforwarded to the present. Let's just drop all of those silly inhibitions, guidelines and other useless obstacles and kick our feet up and enjoy a fine weekend getaway read.
The above being said, one might wonder why the 3-star rating dude? I only give out a handful of 5-star ratings. So, a 4-star rating from me is a very high rating, and a 3-star r
Kimberly
Nov 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Up for a little mystery?  A little political intrigue?  Throw in a dash of suspense and a cool as a cucumber PI and you have The Color of Greed, the first novel in the Raja Williams series by Jack Thompson.

We get to know James Bondish Raja and his trusty hot genius computer hacker assistant Vinnie when they get a call from a wealthy grieving widow in California who is convinced her husband has been murdered, despite the fact that his death was ruled as natural.  The plot takes us from LA to Hol
Patricia Hamill
The Color of Greed is a solid murder mystery set in LA. Raja Williams, the private investigator, is one of those charismatic heroes who make this sort of story fun to read. Vinny is also cool, though she’s the typical mega hacker, pretty much able to accomplish whatever she wants as long as it’s connected to a computer.

The plot is well-designed and, though I couldn’t figure out who the culprit was, I did have fun trying. There’s a lot going on in this story: conspiracy, corruption, infidelity, a

• Raja Williams Mystery Thriller Series: Books 4-6 (The Raja Williams Series Boxset #2)
  • Harry Starke (Harry Starke #1)
  • Raja Williams Mystery Thriller Series: Books 1-3 (The Raja Williams Series Boxset #1)
  • Raja Williams Mystery Thriller Series: Books 7-9 (The Raja Williams Series Boxset #3)
  • Nicolette (Lt. Kate Gazzara #9)
  • The Lolita Conspiracy (Harry Starke Genesis #4)
  • The Assassin (Harry Starke Genesis #3)
  • Calaway Jones (Harry Starke #10)
  • Checkmate (Harry Starke #4)
  • Burden of Truth (Cass Leary Legal Thriller, #1)
  • Emoji (Harry Starke #11)
  • Two for the Money (Harry Starke #2)
  • Family Matters (Harry Starke #6)
  • Calypso (Harry Starke #8)
  • Hoodwinked (Harry Starke #12)
  • Gone (Harry Starke #5)
  • Aftermath (Harry Starke #14)
  • The Raven (Harry Starke Genesis #2)
Jack Thompson is an international bestselling author finding voices in many genres. In addition to his popular Raja Williams mystery series, Jack writes science fiction, political thrillers, paranormal romance, children's stories and fairy tales.

According to Jack, whether reading or writing, what makes a story great is how well it communicates to the reader. Whether presenting him with a hero he w

Raja Williams (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • When Raja Met Vinny (Raja Williams #0)
  • C'est La Vie (Raja Williams #2)
  • Swimming Upstream (Raja Williams #3)
  • Diamonds Never Die (Raja Williams #4)
  • Muerte en Las Vegas (Raja Williams #5)
  • Vendetta in Venice (Raja Williams #6)
  • Death Down Under (Raja Williams #7)
  • Buried in the Bayou (Raja Williams #8)
  • The Mexican Way (Raja Williams #9)
  • Colors That Bleed (Raja Williams #10)