Start by marking “Woodlife” as Want to Read:
Woodlife

Woodlife

3.18  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Valerie Bain only ever plays by her own rather flexible rules. Unfortunately, when the self-styled 'private facilitator' takes on a risky yet highly lucrative assignment, she soon finds her mysterious new employers haven't bothered to read them. Having to choose between life and death in order to collect her fee was one thing she never bargained on.

Nick Wheaton's long foot
Published February 29th 2012 by Rambrook House

To ask other readers questions about Woodlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woodlife

Bandit
Oct 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book has set on my kindle for ages and I really wish I had left it at that, but no I had to check it out and then my OCD compelled me to finish it and thus the day was wasted. Yes, almost an entire day with reasonable intermissions for food, toilet, sanity, etc. not because I'm a slow reader, but because this was such a tediously slow plodding read. What is it about mediocrity that loves to wrap itself in verbosity. This might have been decent at third of half the length, the writing wasn't ...more
Sallian
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book, Read it in bed, and it kept me awake because I'd get to the end of the chapter and then have to keep reading to find out what happened next! I couldn't predict what the next twist or turn was going to be. While I was reading the book I felt I was travelling along with the main characters, experiencing with them their successes and failures. Perhaps partly this was due to the fact that I recognised a few of the real life locations from personal experience.
I really liked
Arturius
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Atmospheric British Horror/thriller. Not especially scary but then I don't imagine it was supposed to be. All the thrills came from the perpetual guessing game of what was going to happen next as the various characters found themselves in one dire predicament after another.

Reminded me a lot of one of those Dennis Wheatley books, although without any of the devil worship and black magic. Great characters too, particularly Valerie Bain who I'm sure even James Bond would doff his cap to for resour
Derek
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Won this one in a blog giveaway. Not sure what to make of it at first, but the more I read of it the more I liked it. Imaginative supernatural/mythological themed story with unusual but interesting characters. Very British with a few colloquialisms that passed me by though no less entertaining for that. Probably worth closer to four and a half stars in reality.
Kimberly Dull
Sep 18, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was a decent, if not a great, read. It was an interesting and original story but I didn't find myself become engrossed in it or overly attached to the characters.

I received an ARC of this book.
Hayley
Oct 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
I had trouble getting into this novel. I felt that the characters were quite flat. And the 'surprise' of the novel was disappointing to say the least. Overall, it just didnt do anything for me.
Steve
Aug 11, 2012
Donna
rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2012
Aug 10, 2012
Elyssabeth
Aug 12, 2012
Paranormal and Ho...: Introducing my novel, WOODLIFE. 1 5 Aug 21, 2012 10:59PM

Richard M Vickers was born in Manchester, England. A keen interest in all things otherworldly goes back to his early childhood and remains with him to this day. He still likes a good mystery and constantly finds himself in the centre of at least one on an almost daily basis. Sadly, they’re usually of the “Why aren’t the car keys where I put them only five minutes ago?” or “How come there’s a large
More about Richard M. Vickers...