Start by marking “Blue Nebula” as Want to Read:
Blue Nebula

Blue Nebula

Sola de la Vega is on a mission to save the galaxy, and nothing will sway her. Not even the pleas of her beloved husband, Captain Javan Rhodes, to keep herself and their unborn child safe.

Fitted with a series of technological "enhancements" entwined with her central nervous system, Sola is not fully human. Her father is the undisputed leader of Earth, and Sola is driven to
Published September 24th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Blue Nebula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Nebula

Start your review of Blue Nebula
Marlene
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

If you like science fiction romance AT ALL, get Blue Galaxy now. I'll wait for you to catch up to me. It is just SO worth it. Don't believe me? Take a look at my review of the first book in Diane Dooley's Blue Universe for the first chapter of Javan and Sola's story.

(And it's impossible to review book two without spoiling book one at least a little. I want you to discover this world for yourself. Much more fun that way.)

At the end of Blue Galaxy, Javan and
AnnaM
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-sfrs, sfr
Disclaimer: I got my copy free.

This is the 2nd book in the Blue series by the talented Diane Dooley. Sola and Javan are back and in as much danger as ever, but this time they might be their own worst enemies.

Personally, I think people would enjoy this story more if they read it right after the first one. both are short enough that I hope they're someday released together (hint, hint).

I love the cover. The look on Javan's face just gets me. I still really like him. The plot in this surprised me
Stephanie Collins
Sep 19, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a decent read but I think I need to go back and read the first one.

Sola has had a ton of enhancements done to her by her dictator father. She's married to Javan and it turns out she's pregnant. She doesn't quite know how to handle this news as she plans on going to Earth to kill her father even though it will be extremely dangerous mission. Her husband desperately wants to keep her and the baby safe but Sola is determined to do what is best for Earth even if that means losing Javan.

Robert Appleton
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good sci-fi read. Not the sequel I was expecting, but I enjoyed Blue Nebula on its own terms. Given Sola's deadly capabilities and her hatred of her emperor father, I geared up for an action-packed ride. What I got was an intriguing space opera novella more concerned with who she was, what she was, and where she came from; it featured the most dysfunctional royal family EVER. It also served up several solid twists that complicated Sola's revenge on the old tyrant. Javan wasn't given as much to ...more
Jaime
Sep 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
I did not read the first book in the series, but I was never lost. The story is very short, only about 100 pages but it did fill me in on what happened before so I never felt lost. Unfortunately the story was drab and the writing was terrible. The heroine is a cyborg and the writing was robotic. The story was so short, but loaded with twists, turns, and drama that never got a shot at being fleshed out. I didn’t care whether the character’s lived to died, and it didn’t really seem like they did e ...more
Jo Graham
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first, but still a lot of fun. It seemed underwritten. There was really excellent stuff here, but it was hurried through. A little more time and a little more explanation would have put flesh on the bones, so to speak. I particularly think we needed to see more of Delia, given her importance to Sola.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
A good addition to the series. If you like Blue Galaxy you have to read this one.
Emmeline Lock
Jeremy
Aug 29, 2013
K.M. Fawcett
Sep 08, 2014
Diane Dooley is, first and foremost, a passionate reader. She lives in Upstate New York with her husband and sons in a falling-down farmhouse on seven acres of woods. She writes science fiction, romance and horror - sometimes all in the same story.

News & Interviews