Start by marking “Nahum (Bible #34), ESV” as Want to Read:
Nahum (Bible #34), ESV

Nahum (Bible #34), ESV (Bible #34)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Along with the prophets Jeremiah, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah, Nahum was a witness to the Southern Kingdom. The Northern Kingdom had been carried into captivity by
Assyria almost a century before (722 B. C. (Before Christ). Now it was in the purpose of GOD to visit that nation which had been the rod of God's anger on Israel.

The prediction of Nahum was written probably shortly b
Published (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Nahum (Bible #34), ESV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nahum (Bible #34), ESV

Jules
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bible-challenge
Nahum is another prophet. My conclusion is don't get on the wrong side of God!

In January 2015 I set myself the challenge to read the complete Bible within a year. I discovered that was an unrealistic challenge, and decided to pick up my Bible as and when I felt ready to read more of it. Here is a link to all the reviews in my Bible challenge so far:
Shantelle
The LORD is slow to anger and great in power; the LORD will not leave the guilty unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet." Nahum 1:3 NIV
Fables&Wren
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it
WrensReads Review:

Sidenote: The reason for such vague and short and "eh" words on each of these books, is because I wasn't challenging the study of the Bible when I read these. I was challenging myself to read the whole Bible in a year because I knew it would be discipline to keep at it daily. I do, however, plan to pick up a book and study what it is saying. Those will be longer reads and more notes.

So here is my review from my "Read the Bible in a Year" challenge. Usually just snippets of thou
Royce Ratterman
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this work of immense interest and importance.
The compilation of historical accounts, wisdom & proverbial insights, and thought provoking texts, along with descriptive and informative footnotes, are of great value.
Explanations, including varying scholarly views depicting the material related in this book, are available for each of the 66 individual books of the Bible.
This book is but one of the individual 66 books/letters which were written by forty different authors over at least 150
Theresa
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Nahum was sent to Ninevah, north of Babylon, to warn them of God’s anger and vengeance.

Favorite verse: (The imagery appeals to me) Nahum 3:2. The noise of a whip, and the noise of the rattling of wheels, and of the pransing horses, and of the jumping chariots.
Courtney
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The reading of God's Word is so remarkable that there is nothing that I can say to make it any better. Please, if you are a lost soul, turn to God! He can heal you and give you the greatest peace that you will ever know!
Benjamin Stahl
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
A prophecy against God's people. They really don't listen.
Brian Schiebout
Nahum is the thirty-fourth book in the Bible. It is inspired by God. Nahum was a prophet who prophesied about the fall of Assyria. He focused his teaching on the capital city of Nineveh. The major difference between his words and those of Jonah are that his words were not headed by the Assyrian people. He predicts doom for the Assyrians because of their cruel actions and the fact that they showed no mercy on those whom they conquered. This book really shows the fact that there is a moral law by ...more
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The burden against Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite.

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD: The Lord is slow to anger and great in power,And will not at all acquit the wicked. The Lord has His way In the whirlwind and in the storm, And the clouds are the dust of His feet. He rebukes the sea and makes it dry, And dries up all the rivers. Bashan and Carmel wither,And the flower of Lebanon wilts. The mountains quake before Him, The hills melt, And the earth heaves at His presence, Yes, the wor
Caitlin
Nahum is talking about the impending doom of Ninevah. This book takes place approximately 150 years after Jonah, so the city had time to change it's ways.

Favorite verse:

The Lord is good. When trouble comes, He is the place to go! And He knows everyone who trusts inHim! But He sweeps away His enemies with an overwhelming flood; He pursues them all night long. - 1:7-8
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WORDS FROM THE BOOK OF NAHUM:

The Lord is slow to get angry, but his power is great,

and he never lets the guilty go unpunished.

He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm.

The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet.

BLESS THE NAME OF JESUS!
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Lord is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet.

Bless the name of Jesus!
Andrea Cox
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Glad to read this book of the Bible again. It isn't one I read frequently, but I plan to study it more soon. Very interesting reading.
NikkiLane
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Was my Bible Reading for today. Like A LOT of the Old Testament it confused and angered me. I thought verses 3:5 & 3:13 were disturbing. Really have such a hard time with the OT.
Chandra Woodward
Sep 20, 2014
Katie Niebes
Mar 03, 2017
Gustavo Marques
rated it did not like it
May 08, 2013
Jul 17, 2016
Laura Marta
Feb 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous

Bible (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • Genesis