Start by marking “Rebel (Reboot, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rebel (Reboot, #2)

Rebel

(Reboot #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  10,467 ratings  ·  1,138 reviews
Wren Connolly thought she'd left her human side behind when she dies five years ago and came back 178 minutes later as a Reboot. With her new abilities of strength, speed, and healing—along with a lack of emotions—Wren 178 became the perfect soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation). Then Callum 22 came along and changed everything.

Now that they've
Published May 13th 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Rebel, please sign up.
Imo ~High Lady Of The Night Court~Feyre Darling~ 1. Sort of
2. Has the same details
3. In my opinion, the first one was better, but this book was more discriptive and had a better plot line
4. Duh
5. Not…more
1. Sort of
2. Has the same details
4. Duh
5. Not really..but I want it to continue(less)
YA Novels of 2014
1,544 books — 9,148 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,437 books — 15,701 voters

More lists with this book...

·  10,467 ratings  ·  1,138 reviews

Ellie
Oh. There is a SECOND book.

Oh.

Oooooooooh.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS A SECOND BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait. May 6th?

And the year is...

2014. Of course.

Of course.

No. Nononononononono. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not again...

Dear Author, dear Editor, please, give me an ARC of this book.
I just CAN. NOT. WAIT. UNTIL. MAY.
Please. PLEASE.

...
Please????

Danielle (Love at First Page)
4.5-5 stars

Wren was silent.
She stood completely still next to me, staring straight ahead with that look she got sometimes, like she was either happy or plotting to kill someone. Either way, I loved that look.

That's the opening paragraph to Amy Tintera's final book in her Reboot duology, Rebel, and hell if it's not the perfect way to introduce us to Callum's point-of-view. Reboot was one of my favorite books last year, an exciting new take on "zombies" with thrilling action, a kickass heroine
Candace Robinson
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What I love best about Tintera’s characters are they are not annoying. I tend to get annoyed with a lot of main characters at some point. Plus she writes humor excellently! Wren and Callum were magnificent together. And I did get pretty sad about a certain character!! The violence was great, and this series was so much fun!!

Review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Simona Bartolotta
“I sort of liked the sound of bones breaking. It was like home.”

More than the sound of bones breaking, what I heard reading this was something like zzzZZZzzz...

description

This sequel is useless. It's so predictable that I feel as if I had read it even before reading it. Since finishing Reboot, I knew exactly how this was going to end: rebels who turn out to be not totally good, uprising, government down, happily ever after and blah blah can someone please explain me why I'm wasting my time here?

There are s
Sydney
Jun 20, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-releases

Until then I guess I'll just

Read all my reviews at www.rattlethestars.com
Caitlin
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read, 4-stars
Well, that was fast 😂

I literally flew through this book, just like I did with the first one. However, the first one was definitely better than this one as Rebel seemed to be missing the spark that was present in Reboot. Although, this is what I've come to expect with duologies - often the second one isn't as good. But, overall this book was still good and I'm pretty happy with how everything wrapped up.

Really enjoyed this one even though it wasn't as good. I would definitely recommend this duo
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Amy Tintera's Reboot is one of those rare dystopian series that are actually REALLY good. I've read multiple dystopian novels, and the Reboot Duology definitely stands near the top of my favourites.

While Reboot is narrated only by Wren, Tintera's sequel is narrated by both the main characters, Wren and Callum. And unlike some novels that have dual-perspectives, I could tell the difference between the two voices. Both are very distinct from the other and I lov
Gavin
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books
This finale to the Reboot series was an entertaining read. It was of similar quality to the first book in the series and shared most of the same strengths and weaknesses. The characters and their relationships are the main strength while the simplistic world building is the major weakness.

Wren and Callum may have escaped from the HARC facility but their problems are just beginning. The Reboot settlement is not what they were hoping it might be and its leader has a few unsettling plans and ideas
Vivianne
Reboot: 3 stars
Rebel: 3 stars

This book was enjoyable, the characters where likable, the plot is fast paced and there is a lot of action. But my problems with this book are actually quite the same as the previous book and I did think that it was a really weak ending.

Contains spoilers!

The beginning was kind of an anticlimax. The previous book ends with Wren and Callum finding the sign for the reboot territory and I mean that’s the perfect ending to have a super cool beginning. But the first 20% of
Annwyn
Dec 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
DUOLOGY? I'm not even done with the first one but DUOLOGY? Wow I am so surprised it isn't a trilogy. *slowly claps it out*
Neil (or bleed)
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
What I don't like about Reboot is the romance. What I mean is that it almost engulfed the plot and it was everywhere in the middle of the book. Though, I found it cute, it is still not okay to me. In this sequel, Rebel, the romance was just enough for me. It didn't affect or sweep away the main plot fortunately.

Rebel, matter-of-factly speaking, is really an enthralling read. It was action-packed, dark, full of tension that allure me to read, read and read. Even there's an element in the book th
RJ
5 Amazing Stars!! This book was all kinds of awesome!!

description

The year long waits in between these dystopians have caused me to lose interest in A LOT of them. Especially the trilogies. Most of the ones I've read had two already out so I read them back to back, and when it came time to read the third and final one, I found that I just didn't care about the worlds anymore and didn't feel any inclination to finish the books.

But not with Rebel! No second-thoughts on whether I actually cared about finishing
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: long live Amy Tintera! If you enjoyed her debut last year, you are going to love the sequel. Rebel is absolutely thrilling: the rapid pacing and impressive character development are just two of the things that make Tintera’s sophomore novel an absolute success.

Rebel is unputdownable from start to finish: strong plot, moral dilemmas and the wonderfully mature romance all perfectly entwined to create a breathlessly exciting read. While Reboot w
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
'Riley turned to us, an amused look on his face. “Are we done making out?'

<-- Me while reading both Reboot books. Minus the amused part.

Rebel was even worse than the first instalment. And the ending was fucking weak! I basically skim read the whole book, don't even know why since Reboot was already terrible. Plus there's even MORE romance in Rebel and it's so fucking annoying. There's nothing good or memorable about the duology.
C.G. Drews
I read Rebootback in July, 2013 (and you can sneak a pick at my fangirling review on Goodreads) and if there's only one thing I wish I could've done: it would be REREAD Reboot before Rebel. The details were smushy for me. (I couldn't remember who Addie was.)

I honest to goodness looooved Rebel, but it didn't hit my fangirling instincts like Reboot did. Why? Patience, grasshopper.

I HAVE MADE A LIST.

THINGS I LOVED.
WREN AND CALLUM! Oh how I love them. They are epic together. They belong toget
Few authors can write a strong sequel, and even fewer can leave us with a satisfying conclusion. Amy Tintera has mastered both of these arts.

A guide on how to write a good sequel:

✔ Add character development and make us root for these people even more. Make them sympathetic and memorable.

✔ Want to add another PoV? Make sure that the new voice adds something to the book and makes both narrators more dimensional and likable.
Callum’s perspective was refreshing and easy to distinguish from Wren’s.
AH
Initial Thoughts: It took me a while to get through this book. It is not to say it is a bad book, I guess my attention lay elsewhere this past week. I did like Callum's character and despite his low designation, he was an apt tactician. I also liked watching Wren's character evolve. Lots of explosions, lots of hairy moments, there is plenty of action in this book to engage a young adult reader.

The Review:
Rebel is the much anticipated conclusion to Amy Tintera’s debut novel Reboot. Rebel finds W
Christina
This one is worth all the stars. It was the perfect conclusion to this imaginative journey and I can't wait to be able to talk about it with everyone. (So, go get it as soon as you can so when can discuss.)

My full review will come closer to the publication date, but just know that you aren't going to want to miss out on this. I loved being in the heads of both Wren and Callum. I laughed out loud the whole way through, swooned a good bit, shed a few tears, and never could turn the pages quick eno
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

With Reboot being one of my most surprising reads of last year, there is no way in heck I could have resisted picking up the sequel, I just wasn't capable of saying no to it.

Reboot blew me away with just how much I loved it and to say I have been looking forward to Rebel is a huge understatement.

I knew going into this one that it might not be an easy read. Wren and Callum are two very different people and I just knew they would have their issues and problems because of it but I was ho
Tiffany
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THAT ENDING!
Melanie
Rebel by Amy Tintera is the sequel to Reboot. The story is told from alternating POVs, Callum and Wren's. I liked how the story was told from two different POVs, but there's no clear distinction between the two. I felt like Wren And Callum didn't show enough their own personality. Callum didn't show enough of his personality and I really like Callum. He had ton of potential for his "voice" to be heard, but sadly it wasn't heard. The story also leaves off just after the events in Reboot. Wren, Ca ...more
Trisha
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great conclusion. Action packed and full of twists and turns, but one thing held true - what Wren and Callum mean to each other. I think that was my favorite part.

But I also loved seeing Callum grow and show who he can become. I loved that he really challenged everyone's ideas and assumptions about what Callum's number meant.

Wren learned that her number doesn't define her either.

This was absolutely worth the wait.
Rebecca
This was a terrific follow-up, and I found it more entertaining than Reboot. I especially enjoyed having both Wren and Callum's POV. Overall, this was a solid YA/Dystopian and I'm glad to have finally experienced it.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Despite not being a fan of Reboot, Amy Tintera manged to surprise me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Wren is still a boss and Callum finally found his own voice. Action scenes were great and those emotional ones weren't so far behind even though I didn't really care about the romance. I just wanted Wren and Callum to show everyone who's in charge.

Now I'm mentally kicking myself for not reading Rebel sooner.
Gia
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Superb!

Rebel was wonderfully written in dual point-of-views i.e of Wren and Callum. It was great to read that way. How completely different they were from each other. They was outstanding character development of Wren and Callum. Wren's a total kiskass! Love that! ;) All other new characters were amazing too.
Sasha
Rebel is one of my favorite reads this year. And Reboot was one of my favorite reads of 2013. Amy Tintera, write more books!

You can read the rest of my review on the blog!
Alicia Siekierski
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book took a turn i did not expect! I thought "reboot" was a bit fake because their plans didn't really make sense at all and their results were incredibly unrealistic but "rebel" was soooo much better! The plot made sense and the romance between every conflict in the story was really cute.
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

Phew...What an thrilling ride in REBEL! Amy Tintera has done it again, and she has manged to surpass REBOOT on so many levels! And that's hard to imagine, as much as I LOVEDDDDDD REBOOT when I read it last year! I can happily say, REBEL has come out on top in the duology, and become one of my favorites for 2014!

In REBEL we had so much growth in the main character Wren. In the first book REBOOT, Wren was a cold blooded killer. Really, she killed without question and without remorse. But it's tot
Anatea Oroz
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This review is also posted on my blog, Anatea's Bookshelf.

Not long ago, I read Reboot, a book I really liked a lot. Since then, I was impatiently waiting for Rebel to come out. And it finaly did! I am happy to say that I liked this one even more then the previous one. It's that great, okay?

Rebel starts off just where Reboot ended. Wren and Callum, along with the rest of the Austin reboots they freed, arrive at the reboot camp, lead by Micah. After fighting off the HARC, they are trying to learn

• Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • Wild
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • The Shadow's Curse (The Knots Sequence, #2)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • Deliver Me
  • Talker 25 (Talker 25, #1)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • Frozen (Taken, #2)
Hi! I'm Amy Tintera, NYT Bestselling author of the REBOOT and RUINED series. My next book, ALL THESE MONSTERS, the first in a new sci-fi duology, comes out July 7, 2020.

Reboot (2 books)
  • Reboot (Reboot, #1)
“I still have the scars from when they captured me and beat me in the middle of the street."
"You don't get scars."
"Emotional scars then.”
17 likes
“Maybe you need to take a look at who I am, instead of who you wish I were.” 15 likes