Start by marking “The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)

The Retribution of Mara Dyer

(Mara Dyer #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  45,272 ratings  ·  6,329 reviews
Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution
Hardcover, Signed Edition, 470 pages
Published November 4th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Retribution of Mara Dyer, please sign up.
Aleksander Yup, it's been pushed back a million times... I hope it actually will come out this November!!
If they push it back one more time I will go to the…more
If they push it back one more time I will go to the publishers and make them sell me a copy x)
(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,437 books — 15,688 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,545 books — 9,150 voters

More lists with this book...

·  45,272 ratings  ·  6,329 reviews

Chellee
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
After the cliffhanger, I sat like this for about twenty minutes, more or less.

description

FRIGGIN HODKIN WHY?!?! And Noah? Noah, NOAH, NOAH, NOAH!!!!!! UGHUGH.
COME ON, now I have to wait a whole year. Brb, sobbing still.

Amina
UPDATE!
Loving the cover! AND WE HAVE A DATE! just the blurb to go then, not long till THE BOOK IS FINALLY MINE! MUHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW..*cough cough*
******

LOVE THE TITLE; well we know what that will look like...

Is it too early to be thinking about Movie casts?? Heck.
My choice for Noah;
Douglas Booth

OR Max Irons

I agree Max irons is waay sexier but then Douglas Booth is a Brit...

So to put my mind off of that GODAWFUL cliffhanger, I've decided to share these quotes and fanmade jewels :)

--The unbeco
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
UGH WHYYYYY

I have no idea how to rate or review this book, because I really enjoyed some parts, but overall it was just BAD. LIKE REALLY BAD.

things I liked:

-Jamie
-Jamie referencing The Hunger Games and Harry Potter a few times
-the last line was good, it made the story feel like a full circle (sort of)

things I disliked:

-Mara did insane things and nobody really seemed to care
-Mara didn't act like the same character AT ALL.
-THE ENTIRE PLOT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS BEING PUNK'D. LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL?
dee
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing

It's over..

description

And I don't know what to do with my life right now. I need help.
Do not have any coherent thoughts at the moment. Be back. Bye.

No, srsly. This book was FANTASTIC! Like vavabooommmm baby!!!

And Michelle ..

*****

THAT IS ONE GORGEOUS COVER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAY WHUT ?????????

noun \ˌre-trə-ˈbyü-shən\
Definition of RETRIBUTION 1: recompense, reward 2: the dispensing or receiving of reward or punishment especially in the hereafter 3: something given or exacted in recompens
Joie
Dec 03, 2012 marked it as to-read
adljfhlasdfhalkdflasjdh THAT COVER <333

Katerina
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
“The villain is the hero of her own story.No one thinks they're a bad person.Everyone has reasons for doing what they do.”

Don't they say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions?Protect the world,protect those you love,protect yourself?I just finished a story about teenage mutants with superpowers and a history of mental illnesses who were tortured in the name of science but the only thing I can think of is that in the end I didn't know who was the hero and who was the villain.The
Danielle.

THE

H E L L

IS

THIS

Hodkin whatever you think you're doing, don't you effing dare.
Dont. You. DARE.

(view spoiler)
Josephine
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
After reading:
It was good, that's all I can say :)

Release date:
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now two years of waiting are done!!! It's OUT! And I have it :D

Pre release date:
Hold on... June 2014???????? Nooooooooooo

*About 3 or so months before the June release date*

And now it's November 2014 .... :(

MischaS_
It wasn't as good as the first 2 novels but it's still our Mara. Mara that we cannot trust because even she doesn't know what's real. (I seriously love this! That we cannot trust the person who is telling the story, that's so good! I need more of this!)
I can tell you that from a certain point there is also Noah's POV. And my first thought was: Allegiant.

The only problem was that there are still so many unsolved questions!

MAY BE SPOILERISH!!!

What the hell were those things Mara had in her stoma
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Do not find peace. Find passion.”

It's really hard for me to rate this.

First of all it was as intense and terrifying as The Unbecoming and The Evolution. And way more satisfying, because Mara finally got her Retribution.
Second of all, it was confusing, complicated and not really resolved. Too many loose ends (which will hopefully be resolved in The Shaw Confessions).

Nevertheless, I'm so madly in love with this series. It's shocking and ruthless but also quite funny and never disappointing. Miche
☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
I don't think I have words that will aptly encompass this book. I absolutely loved the entire book and have no complaints. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer trilogy is now most definitely on my favorites list, I have grown enamored of it.
The Retribution of Mara Dyer is my favorite of the trilogy. It is adventure filled, mysterious, and is a great finale to the trilogy. This book upheld the atmosphere that the first book began very well and also did a great job in putting together the past and the pre
Ferdy
Spoilers

This had the potential to be an amazing read, the heroine was on the verge of going full on crazy/vengeful and the mystery/WTFery was getting really good. Sadly, it ended the way most YA PNR usually does with nonsensical non-answers and a speshul snowflake heroine who thinks she's a badarse but is actually just a boy-obsessed-twit who gets her sappy-speshul-snowflake ending. Ugh.

-The plot didn't consist of much, most of it was repetitive. The first 75% or so was just Mara/Jamie/Stella go
Matilda
Jan 16, 2013 marked it as to-read
OH MY GOD. THAT COVER, THE PLOT. MY LIFE. I NEED HELP PLEASE. MEDICATION OF SOME SORT THAT WILL KNOCK ME OUT AND WAKE ME UP THE DAY THIS BOOK ARRIVES AT MY HOUSE.

The fact that they would even ...

My sanity is truly in the hands of Michelle Hodkins! I'm about this > [| close to snapping. THERE'S BEEN A MISTAKE. That's the only reasonable explanation. The release date should say 1/16/13 9:50:11.5 , which is about ... NOW!

I CAN'T EVEN. ALL THESE FEELS!

Check out my rant? http://characte
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
One of these things is not like the others hmmm...
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Daiane

Thirst not completely quenched, hunger not fully satisfied, questions not fully answered and yet I’m still one happy gal and one of the things about the entire series that made me happy is how I could never point out what it really is. After finishing the third book, I’ve decided that it’s a mix of everything- paranormal, mystery, suspense, sci-fi, fantasy and best of all, humor which what made me completely enjoy the books.

☼ Just for my personal record, the books in the series should be entitl
Angela
Nov 04, 2012 marked it as to-read
I wanted to read this so badly but as the publication date got pushed further and further back, I pretty much forgot everything that happened in the first two books. -_-
Evie
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, best book/series finale I have ever read. Fucked up. Insane. Gutting. Tragic and beautiful. So good! SO GOOD people!!!
Corrin B
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Daiane
Actual Rating: 4.5

"Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real.
Except that when I want it, it should".

Don't be afraid my friend, the end is not bad. It is not too fast and in my opinion, it was carefully staged.

"The villain is the hero of her own story. No one thinks they’re a bad person. Everyone has reasons for doing what they do".

I must confess that I was scared with the ending arriving. I actually thought that there was a fourth book that I didn't
Andrea
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brandi
"The villain is the hero of her own story.'

The conclusion to Mara's story was full of twist and turns, shocking reveals and thankfully everything is wrapped up surprisingly well. In The Evolution of Mara Dyer the author introduced side story, that honestly had me in a constant state of confusion, but in this fast paced, eerie finale, everything is cleared up.

description

I don't think it is really possible to review this without spoilers, so I am not really going to try. I will say it was a bit creepy, an
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"This is a love story. Twisted and messy. Flawed and screwed up. But it's us. I don't know how our story will end, but I know how it will start. I pick up my pen and begin to write:
My name is not Mara Dyer, but my lawyer told me I had to choose something."

Beyond in love with this trilogy. It was breath taking, haunting, tragic and beautiful (as always).

Noah and Mara went through a merde-storm just to get the love they deserved and fought for but it was worth all of it in the end. Wow.

"Maybe
Rachel E. Carter
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-paperback
description

Well this book made me cry. Three -THAT'S RIGHT- three times. Well done, Michelle. That said, all my predictions were wrong and I am a little bit bummed they didn't play out. I was so convinced from book one that the brother Daniel was actually terrorizing his sister, or that she had never woken up/left the hospital/Noah wasn't real. This book was all over the place. I feel a little lost from all the crazy plot lines (throughout the series), but I love Michelle's writing style so I don't really
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)
“As I was saying. He could never use you. You own him. You should’ve seen the way he was looking at you while you were out.”
I smiled a little. “How?”
“Like you’re the ocean and he’s desperate to drown.”

A MASTERPIECE ! INTENSE, DEEP AND DARK

So long time a saga did not interfere so much in my heart and soul like this one

description

It has been a unique journey into a world that Michelle Hodgkin has created, where at times I have completely forgotten the fact that it is actually in the real world as every day.
Heather
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
3 1/2
I feel more confused at the end of the series than I did when I began it.
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
UPDATE: It's really happening, they're releasing excerpts and shit!

NOVEMBER 4TH IS TOMORROW!!!

You can read an excerpt from The Retribution of Mara Dyer here

When I read the first line of it, I was like this:

GOOSEBUMPS!!!

*****************************************

I'm very, very sad!!! I love this series and the release date keeps getting pushed further and further away! Dear author, please just release the darn book! I'm begging you!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

So I've bee stalking Michelle Hodkin on every
Fenia
OH MY GOD. THIS. MINDBLOWING. I just. This book is creepier and more thrilling than the other books. Its a masterpiece. Usually book 3 in a trilogy is the worst book,but this one is the best.

Where should i begin? From the constant fangirl mentions? Like the Hunger Games reference or the Harry Potter one or or the Lord of the Rings?? Michelle gets us.

Lets talk about the freakiness and creepiness. Like. I almost screamed in public. And the faces i was making.... I was ridiculed :P Anywayyy since
Cynn
Aug 24, 2013 marked it as to-read

WAIT UNTIL...

WAIT A MINUTE

¿NOVEMBER 2014?

Jamie-leigh Haughn
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure why so many people were so disappointed with this conclusion. I actually thought it was quite good! While it was a bit slower than the first two books, I still found it to have that creepy vibe and the story all came together for me in the end. My main issue with this book was that there were too many of the "before" parts and I wasn't a fan of that story line. Overall this is a great series! I listened to it via Audible and I thought it made great audiobooks!
"This is a love story. Twisted and messy. Flawed and screwed up. But it’s ours. It’s us. I don’t know how our story will end, but I know how it will start. I pick up my pen and begin to write.
My name is not Mara Dyer..."

This has been one hell of a ride.
After all time waiting for this book and creating and sharing theories I feel like this hole in my chest now I finished it.
How can I explain Mara Dyer?
I cannot.
Will I ever be over this book?
I will not.
The more I think about what I just read the

• Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Let the Storm Break (Sky Fall, #2)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Out of Control
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Fall of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, #2)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • The Severed Tower (Conquered Earth, #2)
Michelle Hodkin is the author of the Mara Dyer Trilogy, which was a New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestselling series. The trilogy, which includes The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and The Retribution of Mara Dyer, was described as “haunting and dreamlike” by Cassandra Clare and “darkly funny, deliciously creepy, and genuinely thoughtful” by Veronica Roth. ...more

Mara Dyer (3 books)
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
“Do not find peace. Find passion.” 640 likes
“Je t'aime. Aujourd'hui. Ce soir. Demain. Pour toujours. Si je vivais mille ans, je t'appartiendrais pour tous. Si je vivais mille vies, je te ferais mienne dans chacune d'elles.

I love you. Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever. If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If I were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.”
590 likes