Start by marking “Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)

Sweet Peril

(Sweet #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  42,764 ratings  ·  2,838 reviews
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party gi
Published April 30th 2013 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Peril, please sign up.
Kailey Yes! Yes! Yes! This book is 100% guarenteed to bring a big smile to your face! This book is so great but you have to read the first one to understand…moreYes! Yes! Yes! This book is 100% guarenteed to bring a big smile to your face! This book is so great but you have to read the first one to understand the second the first one is call Sweet Evil even the title sounds mysterious like the book it filled with romantic scenes! if u have any kids wanting to read this book under the age of 12 I wouldn't recommend them reading this unless they are mature enough! If your a child that I'm answering your question to and your under 12 I wouldn't recommend this book for you just ask your parents first! but believe me this book wont make you regret your choice of buying it! Thank You! :)(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,576 books — 11,066 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,500 books — 12,321 voters

More lists with this book...

Sam
Update: Awwwesssssssomeeeeee! Love Kaidan so much <3

A SEQUEL!

YES, YES, YES!

No release date?

description

UPDATE: OMG! YAY! IT'S BEING PUBLISHED!!!!!!
description

IWANTKAIDANROWE. IWANTKAIDANROWE. IWANTKAIDANROWE. IWANTKAIDANROWE.

Ida
Oh Kai, your mind is a very dirty place to be that I have no problem on living in. ;)

Merged review:

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Call on a battalion of firefighters because I think this book just set my whole being on fire!

Here in our country we are currently experiencing an epic case of heat wave, but dammit, it wasn't the thing that got me sweating an entire ocean!

Seriously, THIS. BOOK. IS. HOTTER. THAN. THE. SUMMER. SUN.

And I think I just died of heat stroke and went straight up to heaven, because that'
Jennifer Armentrout
The followup to Sweet Evil is amazing and seductive. And Kai...? Swoon
Wendy Higgins
Jul 24, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ah, I love being in this boy's head...or having him inside mine. Both. His way of looking at things is so interesting. And hot.
Sandra
Meet Kaidan Rowe...

53da1a21 fb0e 436e 92e6 aeab74ade17d zpsed10de16

Who is he?

The main drummer in a band

tumblr loz9is Y6661qd36g7o1 500

Desired by all the girls

Loved by his fans

But he's also an 18 year old boy and the son of Pharzuph, who's the duke of Lust.

And against the rules, Kaidan fell for a half angel-half demon girl, who's the daughter of Belial - the Duke of substance abuse (e.g alcohol, drugs, etc).

Meet Anna Whitt...

556c24c8 c725 4553 9ec7 3e9cf056c25b zps57be01e7

Who is she?

A good 17 year old girl who is turning bad ever since the boy she loved left her. She is struggling to resist the temptations, but i
Monica :)
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
After reading
Yes, three stars and you'll know why. I didn't feel like anything really happened or maybe it's just me but seeing Anna again was really refreshing. She's changed but she's still like the Anna we met in Sweet Evil.

Review is under construction.

Edit 11/6/12
IT HAS A COVER!

Anna looks so ..so much like a bad girl. Look at her face and I never imagined her wearing black. Kaidan has a innocent look going on ...oh the feels. THE FEELS.

Dear publishers,

Me and other lovely and awesome read
Mersina Seena
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-fav-s
I stand here as a woman of 28years old, crying like a friken lunatic because I need this book.

I think I am in need of serious psychiatric help!

Hurry up hurry up hurry up!

Photobucket
Nyrae Dawn
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, well written, exciting follow-up to Sweet Evil. I can't wait until everyone can read it.

Oh and two words.

Kaidan Rowe.

Enough said ;)
Fue una montaña rusa.
Los segundos libros (la mayoría) tierna la característica de ser los libros de las rupturas, pero aunque podría haber sido malo, no cayó en eso y tuvo un muy buen desarrollo por parte de los personajes.
La búsqueda de aliados fue genial y Kope fue un amor, en serio, adoro al chico. Las gemelas, aunque no tuvieron mucho protagonismo, estuvieron fabulosas, ¿y ése momento Ginger/Patti? Maravilloso. Kai, ah, Kai... bueno, lo amo, no se puede hacer nada. Blake estuvo maravilloso
Danny
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read full Review at Bewitched Bookworms

Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Heartbreak
By the end of Sweet Evil we were up for a dangerous heartbreak as we all know wondered how Kai and Anna could be together, ever. so, with the beginning of Sweet Peril we are already sad and heartbroken and .. Anna’s pure little heart is no less broken and sad. The whole story of Sweet Evil centers around 2 major important plots and one of them is definitely the epic love between the Demon Son and the Angel Daughter. Evil and Pure – how can they
Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)

Initial Reation:

This book should never be a consideration, just a definite yes, yes, and YES.

description

Give The Sweet Evil trilogy a chance. The first book did not disappoint and imagine just how freaking unbelievable this one is going to be!?

description

Yeah, I know! I'm rooting for Wendy Higgins and all my favourite characters here :) Get it, girl!

My Review

This book could have been better. I say this because Sweet Evil was the book that I pimped everywhere. I can't say that I will be doing the same with Sweet
Ow Kai

description

I loved being in Kai's head. We can see how much he struggles to be worth of Anna's love.
I love his dirty but fun mind. It's impossible not love him!

He is definitely my favorite male character and I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye to this series.

It can't end it just can't, Wendy!

Merged review:

CAN'T WAIT!

Sweet Evil was one of my favorite reads of 2012

EDITED

Wendy just posted this on her website

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

EDITED

This just happened

So, I'm like this

And this

[im
Taschima
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Traveling the world in search of possibly hostile Neph and eluding murderous Dukes seemed like a piece of cake in comparison to trying to be a good girl in the arms of Kaidan Rose"

description

Holy damn. Sweet Mercy is what this book should have been called. I am not going to lie, this is a hot piece of novel. Be beware: this book is prone to make the person reading take short and shallow breaths. But there are as many cons as there are pros, sad to say.

Let's get the cons out of the way first. Big con? The
Lucia
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it

I was amazed by writing, captivated by story and mesmerized by characters. I LOVED IT! This book is about love and hatred, hope and despair, sins and humanity. Sweet Peril is much more than just ordinary paranormal story. Without exaggerating I can say that this series is definitely the best one when it comes to fallen angels (or angels in general) stories!

My Kaiden:

My Anna:

Anna is not this naive girl we knew in previous book anymore. Story is set couple of months after events in Sweet Evil, Ann
Victoria Scott
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are very few trilogies in which the second book is as strong as the first. Even fewer where the second book blows the first book to kingdom come. Well, folks, SWEET PERIL plants Wendy Higgins's series firmly in the latter category.

Knowing full well that SWEET EVIL was one of my favorite paranormal romance novels, I knew Higgins had her work cut out if she wanted to impress this girl--but impress she did. SWEET PERIL is chock full of steaminess, excitement extraordinaire, and an ending pow
eileen
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

After the big kaboosh that was Sweet Evil, you expect Sweet Peril to be even a bigger kaboosh, or at least not fall prey to Second Book Syndrome. Luckily, Sweet Peril did all of those things.

Anna Whitt, our protagonist, resident nice, innocent girl, is surprisingly not what I expected her to be. Yes, I read the first book and I got a fair glimpse of who she was as a person, but her innocence act eventually started to make me w
Meli
SDFGHJKLKJHGFDSDFGHJKLKJHGFDSFGHJKLLKJHGFDSDFGHJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK! I AM ALRIGHT! *freaks out* I NEED this book NOW!! I am literally hyperventilating about this...this book NEEDS to be RELEASED!!

KAIDAN I LOVE YOU!!...I WANT THIS BOOK WITH PASSION!! T__T

SO Ill patiently wait, I might cry a little...but Ill wait.
Andreea Pop
10/26/2012: It has a freaking cover! And I absolutely adore it! Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Countdown for more Kai begins in three... two... one... IWANTSWEETPERIL! IWANTSWEETPERIL! IWANTSWEETPERIL!

Bring out the teasers, Wendy! Let's roll.

UPDATE March 2013
I've just read the prologue and first chapter.
Talk about a damn teaser...
I'm loosing it.
Who wouldn't really? Especially after somebody mentiones someone.
I mean it.
I know you do, self!
I'm going crazy.
You already are, self. Congrats on
Anushka
Oh Sweet Lord!!!!!
I can't believe it!

[image error]

I'm dancing!!! <3

Kaidan! Kaidan! Kaidan! Yayyy! I want him now! NOW!

I. Want. Him. Now.

Why, oh why so late? :(

EDIT :
WHATTTTTTTT! THE NAME CHANGED! OH MY GOD!
I liked Sweet Hope. :|
But Sweet Peril is nice too! Can't wait for the book anymore!

EDIT :

NEW COVERR!!!!! <3 <3 <3
OH SWEET LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It. Is. So. Awesome.
I. Want. It. Now. Now.

Awesome cover Wendy! Hats off! I like the darkness, sort of foreshadows a lot.
Booknut
'"I need you to be serious."

His blue eyes scorched me. "Oh, I've never been more serious." He leaned his face down to mine, and I wrenched my head to the side.
"You're trying to distract me."
His lips skimmed my neck. "I've no clue what you mean."

Oh, his voice.

"I'm serious," I said, hoping I sounded stronger than I felt.
We have unfinished business, Kai."

He turned my head back to face him and breathed his next words against my mouth. "Oh I'd say we have quite a bit of unfinished business, little A
Caru
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 5 Stars

My Opinion of This Book: I loved it!
___________________________________________

THE GOOD.
Anna Anna has grown so much. In Sweet Evil, she was so innocent, but in this one, we see a whole different side of her. We see this party girl that's so kickass and can defend herself. She's not this weak, naive girl anymore. This Anna is strong. I loved her.

"My girlfriend is a party-angel who can kick some arse and cook."
~Kaidan

Kaiden:
description
Kaidan is as charming as ever, if not even more. I
Carmen
Jul 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
Update #2: So now the name is Sweet Peril? HMMM. At least it's picked up for publishing now! :D

UPDATE:

WAIT. THEY. DELETED. THE. PUBLISHING. DATE. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. >:(

EXCUSE ME PUBLISHERS, BUT HOW CAN YOU BE DENYING US FANS FOR MORE KAIDAN ROWE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCETABLE, I DEMAND A RELEASE DATE THIS INSTANT. LIKE NOW, LIKE IN THE NEXT 1 SECOND.

HUMPH. HUMPH.

PLEASE GIVE US SWEET HOPE!!!!!!
*praying to pretty much every god you can think of*

**********

YESSSSSS!!!

WAIT. WHAT?! 2013.

-_____-

HUM
Pearl Angeli
"You bring out everything in me, little Ann. All of it."

What went wrong?

While the first book Sweet Evil was phenomenal, Sweet Peril seemed to be sort of a letdown. I don't know what to think. There was just too much going on in this book but most of those things are not important I don't think they should be included. The plot progression was a bit frustrating. And the first half was also a bit slow.

Apart from that, I find the forced love triangle quite unnecessary. Don't get me wrong. I love
Ecmel Soylu
Kitap boyunca bir şeyler olmasını beklerken ben:

Ben bu seriyi çözemiyorum ya gerçekten. Karakterlerin çoğunu sevmiyorum, kitapta neredeyse hiç aksiyon yoktu ama sevmedim demeye dilim varmıyor. 2 verecektim, ona bile elim gitmedi.
Kitap kocaman bir geçiş, hazırlık bölümüydü. İlk kitabın bıraktığı yerdeki aksiyonun tek bir damlası bile yoktu. Anna'nın yer yer yine onursuz olması sinirlerime dokundu ama çok da dert değildi.. (umursayamadım daha doğrusu :'))
Kısacası bu seri hakkında şunu şöyleyebilir
Jackie
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
[image error]

And I don't know if you can swear on here or not but....

Selen
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hayır olmaz yapamayız. Yapmamalıyız. Olmaz. Olmamalı. Yeter ama sonunda oldu. Olabiliyormuş demek ki.

Kitap ilki kadar hareketli değildi. Ama yine de güzeldi. Kai ve Ann artık kavuştu. Bütün engellere rağmen. Kız yavaş yavaş akıllanmaya başladı.

Kitapta yine güzel bir çeviri vardı. Kai "Façanı alırım aşağa." dedi ya başka hiç bir şey önemli değil. Bu laf aklıma bu resmi getirdi. Koymasam olmaz.

photo C98C7ED5565CE1965E22F971C40F3D0E_zpscyp1tivr.jpg
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Holy. Mother. of. Heavens.

I'm officially addicted to this series. I sigh for Kai. I love Kaidan Rowe. This hot fallen angel drummer is absolutely swoon worthy. I have a new guilty pleasure and I feel so dreamy. I'm such a hopeless romantic.

Anyways, Sweet Peril is a great sequel. Anna becomes the good-girl-gone-bad by partying and drinking to please the demon whisperers because it's one way to survive. As a daughter of Substance abuse, she has to work by promoting the sins to people. It's also
Deborah Obida
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy,paranormal and Angel fans
Recommended to Deborah by: Dilinna
Wow, this is even better than book one, the Plot is better and the character development is just so great,the new characters are amazing and the old ones are better, the plot is more intense than the first and everything falls into place. This book is also very diverse, the main characters are all from different races, Wendy really outdid herself there.

Plot summary(with spoilers)
Anna found herself working even when she vowed that she will not, cause the demon whisperers stalk her like crazy, Kai
Jolene Perry
Okay, so I think SO often the second book in a series lets you down, this was DEFINITELY not the case with Sweet Hope.
The tension was incredible.
Kaidan was just as hot, if not MORE so.
Not kidding.
This book had some great twists and turns, and I can't wait to see what'll happen in number three...
Anna
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
The buddy read continues and yes Anna and Lisa Jayne are still fighting off the forces of evil ...

YA Buddy Readers'...: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins - Restarting September 16th 2017 196 301 Sep 28, 2017 08:50PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Sweet Peril (Sweet Trilogy #2) - Read-along Begins December 10th 5 14 Nov 18, 2015 03:59PM
the book eaters: This topic has been closed to new comments. Sweet Peril May BOTM 1 4 Jun 05, 2015 06:05PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 23, 2015 06:22PM
Appropriate? 7 192 Sep 30, 2014 01:42PM
Kindle Book Sharing: Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) 1 10 Jan 23, 2014 03:06AM
The Wide Web of F...: Sweet Peril 10 35 Nov 09, 2013 07:30PM
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Angel of Mercy (Cambion, #3)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Natural Born Angel (Immortal City, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng

Sweet (4 books)
  • Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
“I love you,” I whispered.

“I've loved you longer,” he said.”
290 likes
“Ready to s-snuggle?” he asked Kaidan, a slight clatter in his voice. Only Blake could joke on a night like this and get away with it.
Kaidan shook his head and undressed down to his boxers, too, the tension finally shedding away from his frame. “I swear, mate. If I feel something poke me in the back. . .”
Blake's laugh was dry. “I'm pretty sure my junk froze off, man, so don't worry.”
227 likes