Start by marking “Genesis (Elemental Enmity, #3)” as Want to Read:
Genesis (Elemental Enmity, #3)

Genesis

(Elemental Enmity #3)

Having just escaped the nefarious plans of the Order, Rayla Tate thinks all she has to do now is rescue her family and sort through her feelings, but bonding with five men might just be her undoing. Not only does she have to deal with all of them reading her mind, Rayla must choose a bondmate before she will be allowed to venture into the mortal realm to save those she lov ...more
Published July 27th 2012 (first published July 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Genesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Genesis

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Author
Quick review:

Cover: Love It
Rating: PG-13
Overall: The best book so far in the series
Characters: Amazing
Plot: Rayla is forced to make a decision when it comes to her suitors
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Heath

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This series just keeps getting better. Rayla has a hard choice ahead of her and I didn’t envy her position. Five men and she had to chose one and not only by her heart but by her head. Because she would be giving one
David Estes
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading and enjoying the first two books in this series, I was so excited to get to beta read for Christie Rich for this book. OK, so the first book is still my favorite of the three--I just really enjoyed the college bits--but this one is a close second. I loved the way Christie built on the intrigue and mystery surrounding each of the fae lords, and liked getting an inside view of each of their kingdoms which are each unique and have something different to offer. I really feel Christie's ...more
Karla
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, awesome series, read the entire series in a couple of days, I was hooked.
Penumbra
I was given this book to read by the author through the Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics R2R group for an honest review, thank you.

(view spoiler)
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

I loved this book, each book in this series just gets better and better, and now I really need to get book 4 Horizon. I was left wanting more. I hope to be able to get it soon.

I really fell in love with Heath in this book. He is the ultimate hot guy that has it all. In my opinion. I won’t say why I like him so much, beyond his hotteness, but that is not all there is to this complicated man.

I feel so bad for Rayla and what she has to go through in this book. I felt like I was on an emotional rol
Nereid
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series, Rayla has grown from a naive young girl to a woman who makes the best of her situations and forges ahead regardless of the costs to her. Some may say she is crazy and impulsive but I love that she stands up for those she cares about. Everyone seems to have their own agenda and she is finding it hard to discern who really cares for her and her wants her power. The Council suggested she bond with all of the Fae Lords to thwart Ainessa from trying to bond with her. ...more
Nancy
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to have read an advanced copy of Genesis from the Author. Christie Rich is a gifted writer and her latest edition to her Elemental Enmity Series was fabulous!

Rayla continues to flex her elemental muscles in this latest book. I was sooo not in favor of Heath at the end of Dark Matter (Book 2) I even tweeted to the author! But when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Throughout Genesis I found myself rooting for Heath - the whole time! Characters that I thought were good showed their darker sides
Marcy
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Probably the best of the three so far. I rather enjoyed it compared to the other two. Though, one of my biggest pet peeves about this series (and others like it), is the constant "We cant explain that to you right now, but continue to blindly shuffle through the next few weeks of your life, because the information I could have given you but refuse to give you for some ODD or 'its not time' reason... could have saved you a bunch of heartache and time." So yeah... that crap drives me up ...more
Tammy Pigott
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure why I like these books so much. If I had to pin it down, it probably stems from the fact that I love the developmental stages of a relationship; which this series is chock-full of due to the fact that Rayla connects with five different men. This has been my favorite book of the series thus far.

Finally, some of Rayla’s powers develop and more action ensues; not a great deal, but the first glimpses at the possibilities to come. Visiting the various realms and kingdoms was intriguing,
Denna
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Genesis by Christie Rich is the third novel in this series about an Elemental named Rayla Tate. So far it has been my favorite. In “Five” the first of this series, we are introduced to Rayla, who is an Elemental, or one who can manipulate the elements. She was raised in the dark about Elementals and the fae realm she’d soon get thrown into. We are also introduced to four fae lords, all of who are hoping to win Rayla’s heart and convince her to bond with them. The first novel wasn’t action packed ...more
Jessirie
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok.This is an amazing series, but this is seriously not for readers who hate easily manipulated heroines. Don't get me wrong. I'm amazed with Rayla. She doesn't have any idea what to do in a world she didn't even know not too long ago, but she's really trying and she doesn't blame others for her mistakes and she forgives them even though she was used like an instrument (view spoiler)

I love the story... very much . My pr
Thomas Winship
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“Genesis,” the third installment of Christie Rich’s “Elemental Enmity” series, really injects the romance into paranormal romance.

There are more emotional entanglements in this novel than at the nearest Twilight convention. I mean, really, all Stephenie Meyer could come up with was a rather sedate love triangle … and even KStew’s best, er, recent efforts can’t hold a candle to Rich’s construct--a full frontal love hexagon.

That’s right. One woman. Five men.

Gives new meaning to putting a hex on s
Ginny  Gallagher
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rayla is an Elemental and is learning to manipulate all five elements while at the same time trying to understand and get to know each of the Lords, make a love connection, avoid the evil fae lord sister Ainessa, rescue her family, and trying to not get captured by the Order again.

Poor Rayla! You can’t help but feel bad for the girl but at the same time envy her a little.

Who do you trust when everyone wants you for your power? Can you even hope for love when you are being forced to bond with on
Aleyn Lucier
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elemental-enmity
❤Rose (◕‿◕✿)
OMG. I can't wait!
1. I thought it was meant to be HER choice? bonding with zach was definitely NOT her choice... oh well. All is still well in the world :D

Gods, LOVE Heath! I hated that name, after the HoN series, I hated that name, and the characters that come with it, but OMG, this book definitely changed my mind. He loved her. And he wasn't using her love for him to get her power, he hnestly didn't even believe in her power at first, it's just so wow. Also, I'm am so happy to say my guess was
Danielle Smiley
As Junie B. Jones would say, "Wowie-wow-wow!" If you've read this far in the series you know what to expect from Christie Rich: amazingly descriptive scenes, crazily creative characters and sizzling, smoking chemistry! And Genesis does not disappoint! Yummy, yummy, yummy!

I love, love, love the absolute depth of each character and we get to really know each of the lords in Genesis ... and each and every one of them are a surprise!!! It's amazing how much emotion you feel along with Rayla: fear,
Em
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another great installment of the Elemental Enmity series.
Packed with unanticipated twists and turns to keep you turning pages.
Christie Rich has done a remarkable job bringing the characters to life,
and weaving a most delightful hidden world.

Rayla Tate is an intriguing heroine, if not slightly exsasperating (in a good way)as she
battles to find her way through a group of five adoring fae lords all vying for her affections and
find love,all while trying to ward off enemies bent on claiming her pow
Rebecca
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Repeating the other reviews I have posted, lol. Love these!! Each book is has a exquisiteness to them. For me, as I read it started to feel as though I was Rayla & her problems & decisions were mine. It took me a week & a half to get through all 3 books. I found myself, as I did my house routine, drifting back to the book wondering what would happen. Pulling myself from the book was hard to do. I got so submerged. Now that I have read them all I'm TRYING to wait for the next one. Don ...more
Bonnie Halperin
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you have read the first two books in this series this one will make you go crazy for more. Rayla has gone through so much and so far held it together, I am so exited to find out what happens next. Ms. Rich's writing style will capture you and plunge you into Rayla's life to the point that you will try to turn the page before you finish with it. I must tell you to beware this series is quite addicting and will make your mouth water for more!!!
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I feel like i just got off of a rollercoaster! This book had so many twist and turns in it.. I went from being angry to yelleling out yaah in a matter of seconds. I enjoyed this book..And i loved Creed and Cerb!!!! I did get slightly confused when some names popped up- was trying to remember where they had took place in the book(s).. And with an ending like that (not really a cliffhanger) I cant wait to read the next book!!!!
Erica Lawrence
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the first book. The 2nd was good as well but.... The 3rd was too much repetition of the same "I love them all and don't know who to choose!" Blah blah blah... And a lot of tangents that wasn't really important and seem to last so long I'd find myself skipping up many pages... It definitely started to get better by the end enough to make me want to buy the last one.
Shelly
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
4.5 stars. Rich has created a fascinating world. She has kept the story fresh and it makes me want to know all the answers. I will definitely continue this series. I would like to know when the next book is coming out!
Tia
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
YAY! Finally it's all shaping up and I adore that it's Heath, Luke and Zach always made me feel so slimy. I was shouting at her saying "NOOOO!" through most of these books, since Heath became a main character!
Amanda
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall the story was really good. can't say I am thrilled with how it ends up, but that is always the risk you run when forced to decide who you think a character should end up with. part of me wants to stop reading there but even more I want to see what is next.
Kimberly
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in the series, I highly recommend that you read the entire series in order. You will get much more enjoyment out of it. Rayla continues her journey to select one of the 5 lords as her bond mate. What a wonderful world the author has created!
Kathy Harrington
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian
How many twists and turns can there be? Who can you trust? Tabitha, Heath, Zach, her mother? And who was the angel? You see, there is so many variables it can make your head spin. But, it is so worth it!
Trishawna
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought, fae
Heather  Ann Lynn
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Why? It's going to be impossible for me to wait for the next book. Why, oh why did I get myself mixed up in a series that I never want to end?
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
Wow! What a ride. So far this is the best if them all. I loved getting to know the lord more, and the twists and turns! Can't wait to read the last book in the cycle!

• Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Shooting Stars (Surah Stormsong, #1)
  • Step (The Senses, #2)
  • Sun Damage (Sunshine, #3)
  • Silence of the Wolves (Call of the Wilderness #1)
  • The Aqua Secret (The Aqua Saga #1)
  • Unless You Can Be a Unicorn (B3, #1)
  • Outbreak (Destroyers, #3)
  • Shadows and Light
  • Dangerous Lovers
  • Dark Waltz (Praestani, #1)
  • To Light The Dragon's Fire (Dragons, Griffons and Centaurs, Oh My! #1)
  • Howl (Kane Wolves, #1)
  • Dead Man Running (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)
  • Reason (Greystone, #3)
  • The Regent's Gamble (Spellbound Consortium, #1)
I love to be creative. It is more than a hobby. It is a need of mine. Whether writing, reading, painting, flower arranging or trying something new, I spend most of my time in the pursuit of freeing the creations inside me.

Elemental Enmity (4 books)
  • Five (Elemental Enmity, #1)
  • Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity, #2)
  • Horizon (Elemental Enmity, #4)
“Quadruple crap. Why couldn’t I control myself? Why did he have this effect on me? “Are you compelling me right now?”
To my surprise, his smile held an edge of sadness. “That would give you a much needed excuse, but I am afraid I am not.”
Curse my body for reacting to his. As long as I kept him out of my heart, I would be okay.
“I think it a bit too late for that, my dear.”
“You’re using old man speak again.” I made a face. “It’s creepy.”
He chuckled. “I’ll try to remember that, but I haven’t been around humans much in the past hundred years. It’s hard to keep up with the changes in common dialect.”
“Let’s keep on topic, Jett. You were going to teach me how to control my mind.”
3 likes