Start by marking “The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #3)

The Ballad of Aramei

(The Darkwoods Trilogy #3)

Everything about Adria Dawson’s life has changed in unimaginable ways: the shattering betrayal of her mother, the fight for her life and sanity…the loss of her humanity. But now Adria must face the ultimate challenge and risk not only her life, but the lives of everyone she loves at the wrathful hands of Isaac Mayfair’s father.

Determined to help unravel a mysterious messag
Published November 18th 2012 by J.A. Redmerski

To ask other readers questions about The Ballad of Aramei, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ballad of Aramei

Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareInescapable by Amy A. BartolOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Best Supernatural Series
932 books — 1,148 voters
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisNightshade by Andrea CremerLinger by Maggie Stiefvater
Werewolves
793 books — 1,187 voters

More lists with this book...

Sylvia
I AM ABSOLUTELY FLOORED BEYONG WORDS and all I can say is WHOA! This book is unbelievably AMAZING and RIVETING and CAPTIVATING and FANTASTIC and HOT and SEXY and RAW and PRIMAL and RAWR RAWR RAWR. It is my all time favourite werewolf/shifter series EVER!! I am in love with this series so much you really don't understand. From start to finish it has been one hell of a breathtaking, exciting and tension filled ride, and I'm sad to see that it's over. I could have easily kept reading this forever i ...more
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
I'd been dying to read this for so long bcuz I couldn't wait to see how this would all end & while I loved the background & history the rest of the book didn't feel like this was an ending. More of the story & the end didn't feel like an ending either. It felt more like the leaping off point to the next part of the characters lives.

I wanted to love it. I loved the pervious books but it left me feeling kind of eh. Full review to follow.
Erin
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe it's over and I have to say goodbye!!!! Nooooo!!! When it comes down to it, when there's a series that you absolutely love, it feels like you've gotten to know the characters so well that it's just so sad when the finale wraps up and you realize it's all come to an end. That's how I feel about this series, with characters that I adored and went through so many emotions with, and it's hard to send them on their way knowing it's the last I'll see of them!

Ballad was such a captivati
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After losing myself in the first two books, I knew I had to read the last book. At a brink of battle, things are about explode!

What I loved most about this book is the great plot. I loved how well everything come together. It all made sense once the big picture is shown to the reader. And once that hits the fan, all hell break loose. The decision that is made is the pivotal point in the story that sparks just great emotion, anger, and a war!

The love interest worked out like I thought it would wi
Devon Ashley
Wowsers. Now that's how a finale battle is supposed to go down.
Melissa
By far one of the best books I've read this year.

It starts off right around were Kindred left off. Adria survived the Turn but she and Isaac still have to deal with an unknown traitor in their midsts. Not to mention that Trajan is becoming restless, wanting Adria to help him figure out what Aramei is trying to tell him.

I have to say that for such a long book, with more than a few storylines, the writing flowed seamlessly. I never felt like Redmerski was dragging out certain parts, but rather all
Brittany
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have never felt so complete after a trilogy before. Jessica never leave me hanging! Well, correction, she has, but she's totally made up for it. Since Mayfair Moon I've been totally drenched in the life of Adria Dawson and Issac Mayfair! And this finale of the three never disappointed me! I hate giving away spoilers, for fear of those who want to read the novel and need a little review to sweeten the deal! But I must say, there was so much in this book I didn't see coming, I might have to brea ...more
Nicole
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN??????????

This series has honestly become one of my absolute favorites! I just love them so much! So this also means that J.A. Redmerski is officially a part of my top 5 favorite authors! Along with Sarah Dessen, Rachel Vincent, Jennifer L Armentrout, and J.K. Rowling. Big news right? So what's with all of the fuss you may ask? Well I'm going to tell you!

Even though this series started off with "insta"-love (which I usually despise), the series as
Aira  Cabrera
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This song was in my head while reading this.

REVIEW

WHOA. That's how you end a trilogy! This book was freakin UNBELIEVABLE. This series is definitely one of my favorites! I'm sad that it's over, but I'm satisfied with the ending.

The story picks up where Kindred left off. Adria is now facing new challenges. Isaac's father wants her to communicate with Aramei and find out what she wants to tell them. Adria is so brave and she doesn't let Trajan boss her arou
Ashly
Oct 08, 2012 added it
Shelves: december-2012
This was the perfect ending to the trilogy...Everything was wrapped up and everyone was addressed and I felt closure. I hated that it ended but I hate more when authors dont give you the full run down of how everyone ended and I got exactly what I wanted with this last book! I can honestly say that Ms. Redmerski is my new favorite author and I will be clinging to these books until she writes a new one :)
Lauren the Book Slayer
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Darkwoods trilogy is easily a favorite of mine. Exploding with rich characters, unique werewolf lore, twisty plots and plenty of action; Redmerski hits all the right spots. Book one, The Mayfair Moon caught me by surprise when I read it back in January. I was slowly warming up to were-centric novels, a process seriously sped up the moment I was introduced to Isaac Mayfair. He was smoldering. The perfect eye candy. True, he had loads of secrets that were sure to cause some trouble down the ro ...more
Anna Banana
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow!! I honestly don't even know where to start with this book! It was by far one of my favorite books this year, that is for sure. From the moment I started reading I couldn't stop. Nothing was stopping me from finding out what was going to happen; not sleep, eating, even going to the bathroom and for me, those are the best kind of books.

If feels like everything that I was left questioning in the previous books gets answered though I was honestly shocked about some of the turns in event. E
Inna
Review also appears on my blog
I am a huge fan of this series and I have been waiting literally forever for this book to come out. When I saw that it was released early (as an accident on the part of Amazon and BN.com) I jumped with joy. This book did not disappoint. It was a captivating, heart wrenching edge of your seat read that had me crying and laughing and tearing out my hair all the same time. ( yeah I didn't think that was possible until I read this book either.)
This book picks up right
Nereid
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves
Adria and Isaac have their hands full, she is dealing with being a werewolf and trying to understand the bond she has uwittingly formed with Aramei. Isaac is worried about Adria and dealing with being the new Alpha has him on tenterhooks as he is desperately trying to find the traitor in their midst. These two threads set the main story line for the book and I was taken on an emotional roller coaster ride as they suspect and discount each pack member and ultimately shocked as the traitor is reve ...more
Jill
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-worthy, series

Unquestionably the best book in the series. My one and only complaint was the ending. I felt like there were so many doors left open to more books, which I would definitely enjoy reading after this book, but it's a trilogy, which means three books and seeing as how this was book three I'm just left confused. Is there a spin off series coming? There was a lot left to Alex or Nathan's story at the end...is she planning to take up a new series about one of them? And I really didn't like the last c
Sandra
A great ending to the trilogy, totally wasn't what I expected. Though, if I have to admit, Kindred is still my favourite in the trilogy.

My Thoughts:

1. The plot was definitely action packed. There was never a dull moment. There were so many twists and turns that it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It's a very intense and emotional roller-coaster.
2. Adria has come a long way since book 1, The Mayfair Moon. Since her transition she becomes a lot more mature and responsible in this b
Belle
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“In everything together,” she goes on, her voice breaking, “we live and fight and die together.”

Not even death can make me forget you, or forget that I love you.

Great wrap up to this addictively enticing series. So many unanswered questions got cleared up in this book, and I loved how we finally saw who Aramei was before the Bloodbond and how drastically it changed both her personality and life. You see her rapid deterioration, how Victor was consumed with obsession and how it effected Trajan'
Lindsay
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aptly named, The Ballad of Aramei is just that, a ballad. It is just the most beautiful and perfect ending to this series. Anybody that put down the series after the first book needs to pick it back up, totally worth it. You know those books where you know the author is building to something epic and then you get there and are totally let down by the lame ending? Well, this one DELIVERS! I was squealing with anxiety and excitement by the end of the book. It was...awesome. She told the ending thr ...more
Arlene
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best trilogy I had read..I read the whole trilogy on a weekend...Couldn't put it down...What a wonderful series about werewolf...I have read my share of lycanthrope story, one I love another I didn't care for, but "The darkwoods trilogy", is one of the best there is..It didn't have much action but when it did, it blow my mine away...Specially the final book, I was very skittish at the final show down...Going to miss all the characters..Even thou Ms. J.A. Redmerski ended the series, bu ...more
Nikki Hoehne
this book was so awesome!! I'm soo sad that that was the last book:( I thought it was awesome that we got to see things from isaac and Harry's point of view too. seeing aramei's past was also interesting and everything was so unpredictable! I also thought Xavier was cute too. I'm hoping that even though it was only a trilogy J.A. Redmerski will make more of these books but maybe from their kids point of view...:) this book was amazing and I <3 isaac!
Belkis
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audios-done
This one was chock full of surprises and nonstop heart thumping action. So many twists and turns. Such an exciting ending to this trilogy. Really enjoyed this story. Very interesting characters and plot. Looking forward Nathan's book and hope we get to see the future of the many wonderful characters from this Darkwoods trilogy.
Elaina
Wow, what a roller coaster of a book. The Ballad of Aramei was fast paced, full of non stop action, suspense, romance, and so many unexpected twists and turns. Even when I figured something out, it didn't happen the way I thought it would. A perfect end to the series.
Tracy Dalton
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am not usually too much into werewolves, but this trilogy really grabbed me. I am loving this author and her writing style. I thought it was a really good ending to a surprisingly good series!! Paranormal lovers, give these a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Jessica
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What an epic ending to a brilliantly written series! J.A. Redmerski does a wonderful job pulling readers into the story and letting you ride out the emotional roller coaster straight thru to the end. There was no stone left untouched with this series and I loved it!
LeeSha
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great end to the story, not what I expected at all. Wow
Kelly Halcon
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I will miss this series. Great ending for wonderful characters.

Ashleigh
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing
Omg!!! You know you're reading a good book when you yell out "What the f**k!" while reading ;)
SHOCKING moments.....best Werewolf book I've read!
Kristi, A Book Fanatic
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, ya, paranormal
Loved the finale of this trilogy!!!!
Kelli
So sad that this trilogy is over, but I loved this book and thought it was exactly what the story arc needed. I cannot wait for the spin-off series to come out!
Shannon
5 huge stars!!! What an exciting end to a fantastic trilogy!
WAITING... 2 19 Jan 12, 2013 09:23AM
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Blood of the Sorcerer  (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Silver Moon, #3)
  • Pride's Pursuit (A Wolf's Pride, #3)
  • Unholy Death (Requiem #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Howl #3)
  • Charity Rising (Charity, #2)
  • Taking Back Forever (The Kindrily, #2)
  • Fighter (Outsider, #3)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • Guardian of Time (Shardwell, #2)
  • Clarity (Cursed, #2)
  • A Witch's Memory (The Council, #1)
J.A. (Jessica) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, international bestseller, and award winner, who juggles several different genres. She began self-publishing in 2012, and later with the success of THE EDGE OF NEVER, signed on with Grand Central Publishing/Forever Romance. Her works have been translated into more than twenty languages.

Jessica is a

The Darkwoods Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #1)
  • Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2)
“I believe that no matter what happens, or where we go, or if there's an afterlife, that we'll always be connected. Not even death can make me forget you, or forget that I love you.” 38 likes
“You can do this, Adria. Don't wolf-out on me, especially not in my lap, alright? These are my favorite jeans.” 4 likes