Start by marking “Coming Out of Winter” as Want to Read:
Coming Out of Winter

Coming Out of Winter

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
It's 1950 in the small, western Georgia town of Crossroads. Eighteen-year-old LUDY PORTER is about to marry his sixteen-year-old sweetheart, CORRINE YARBROUGH. Both young people resonate with anticipation over their impending union. They are so much in love they can scarce bear to be apart. They are the perfect match, the perfect couple but they are not without their secre ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 161 pages
Published June 26th 2012 by Vabella Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Coming Out of Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Out of Winter

Mary
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The words, "Through sickeness and in health. Through richer and poorer" are spot-on when it comes to the relationship and subsequent marriage of Ludy and Corrine Porter. Ludy, a flawed, self-absorbed, ego-driven dreamer, and Corrine, the practical, smart, beautiful redhead who spends her life raising kids (they had 12!) and trying to keep her husband's feet on the ground and out of trouble.

In "Coming Out Of Winter", you fly through decades of joy, sorrow, murder, and deceit with the Porter's and
Jessica
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is written by my husband's Uncle Tom. It's his first novel, and I already can't wait for the second. I absolutely loved this book. It was a serious page turner, and I found myself squeezing in reading time whenever possible. This is a good reminder to enjoy the time you have with those that you love.
Bridget
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A portrait of an American dream through the eyes of a coouple from the silent generation (by my estimate). True love, challenges and success, family and loss. A very real book with a lot of heart. I truly enjoyed this one, just wished it were longer. It's not that it was unusually short or anything. I just really enjoyed it.
Zan Marie Steadham
Feb 11, 2013
Lindsy
marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Thomas Young grew up steeped in the stories of country life.
"The early years of my life saw us on the road. A lot. I was born in central Florida and recall many moves between there and the northern part of the state. Over several summers before I turned the ripe age of twelve, I traveled with my paternal grandmother to my uncle's farm in southwest Georgia. Images from that time come to me now sure