Start by marking “Acidalia The Beginning of Kallos (Kallos, #.05)” as Want to Read:
Acidalia The Beginning of Kallos (Kallos, #.05)

Acidalia The Beginning of Kallos (Kallos .5)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Published September 15th 2012 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly

To ask other readers questions about Acidalia The Beginning of Kallos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acidalia The Beginning of Kallos

Wanda Hartzenberg
Aug 29, 2012 rated it liked it
It is hard for me to review short stories or prequels as a rule. The very fact that it is a short story usually does not afford the author the luxury to get descriptive or showcase their talent to the utmost. This story is no exception. It runs on pure emotion and promise great things to come. I can tell you this, for an author to be able to engage a reader in 9 pages, talent must be evident and I was fully engaged. I'll keep my eyes open for Kollos to see how this author comes into her own in a ...more
Carly Wallace
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well, well, well. I've just read Acidalia The Beginning of Kallos, and wow way to pack a gut wrenching punch in a small story! Big things come in small packages I guess cause oh my wow!! Guess I'll be reading Kallos very soon cause oh my what a way to start a series!! Brilliantly described scenes, beautiful emotions, and heart wringing sorrow. I can't wait for more in the Kallos Series. 5 out of 5 stars for Khelsey Jackson and her beautiful short story!!
Julie
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ebook: Acidalia The Beginning of Kallos

Author: Khelsey Jackson

Fiction, Paranormal,

This review may contain spoilers

I was given this novella for an honest review from the author

Summary: When Acidalia knows her end is near, she is forced to say goodbye to her life as well as Sean and Ian Hunter. Her final wish is they be there for one another after she is gone..

The Review
I was so moved by this short novella, I balled for ages afterwards, I Love a story to have a happy ending normally but I am so i
Bianca
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This short story was given me from Khelsey in exchange of a honest review.
I don’t know how many things you can say about a book that has only 9 pages. “Acidalia –The Beginning of Kallos” is actually a great short story, meant to introduce you in the story. I am very curious about this story and what will happen next, if there will be a book. I hope so , because Khelsey promises a lot of things with her writing and her story. I can see great things coming and I can also see a great series, if Khe
Jocelyn Sanchez
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
I loved this short story. It was so emotional yet beautiful at the same time. A must read for anyone who is a fan of this author and her books!

Acidalia knows her end is near. She knows she is not the girl that will break Aphrodite’s Curse. But, she has seen the girl who might be the one. Now, knowing her life is coming to an end, she must say goodbye to the loves of her life. She knows it will be hard for the boys to move on after she is gone. But she hopes they will honor her last wish, for the
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I always find it incredibly hard to review novella length books. It's almost impossible not to mention any spoilers, but I will try!! Acidalia is very short at only around 8 or 9 pages long. But let me tell you Khelsey Jackson sure manages to pack a lot of awesome into so few pages!!

Let me start by saying how much I love the cover!! It is gorgeous in it's simplicity. Having already read the unedited version of the next book in this series Kallos, before it was picked up for publication I was inc
Monica
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
-A fantasybooks-27.blogspot.ro review-

I was a little surprised when I noticed that "Acidalia" have only 9 pages. BTW? I got this book for review from Khelsey Jackson, and you can buy it after 15 september 2012, when is her release.

It was a great beginning. I noticed too that this book will have a continuation, named "Kallos". It seemed a extraordinary book. And look what: I founded out that It`s about a love triangle, with two extraordinary boys, names Ian and Sean, that she has a main charac
Shelly Hammond
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a super short little glimpse of a story that leads up to the book Kallos. After reading this short story, I am very much looking forward to reading more to find out where the story will go!

The author has a great writing style that pulls you in and keeps you just waiting to see what is coming next because it’s moving so quickly and smoothly. Waiting for the new Aphrodite to come is a pretty cool concept in and of itself and that’s all you are getting from me about this story for now! I
Claire Taylor
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Khelsey Jackson
Acidalia: The Beginning of Kallos
Prequel to Kallos

Acidalia knows her end is near. She is forced to say goodbye to her life as well as to her loves, Sean and Ian Hunter. Her final wish is they remain strong together while they wait for the new Aphrodite.

A short novella which helps set the scene for Kallos. How would you feel if you knew you were going to die, and the people you love will love someone else more in the future? This is exactly what Acidalia is going through, and she
Sabrina
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
Review:

Acidalia has, apparently, two boyfriends: Sean and Ian. Though she doesn't love both of them equal, she can't choose one. And when she feels that her end is near, she ask both to promise her that they will stay togheter. She says goodbye to her boyfriends who love her and she dies, seeing in future the girl that they will fall in love and the girl who will replace Acidalia.

My opinion:

Though " Acidalia " has just 8 pages and you don't have much time to make an opinion about it, this little
Bella Doerres
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Acidalia
By Khelsey Jackson

Acidalia is dying. Aphrodite has told her that she is leaving the world. She is leaving her two loves the brothers Sean and Ian. She has to leave them with hope, let them know that the future holds the love they need but as I said Acidalia is dying.
Khelsey Jackson writes in a manner that allows you to see the feelings and examines the pain Acidalia feels on leaving behind those she loves. Sean and Ian’s reaction to what is happening is so human you feel their pain and
Allana Kephart
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Acidalia is the prequel to Jackson's novel, Kallos (available as of January 18th, 2013). It is told from the third-person and follows Ian and Sean, dealing with the loss of Acidalia.

Seeing as it is a short story, I will cut it some slack in this, but I was a little confused in some parts. I assume that when I read Kallos, I will understand what is going on easier, but since I read Acidalia first, I'm a bit lost... Very lost, in fact.

While it reminded me of one of my favorite books and I don't li
Amanda
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful beginning to the next chapter in the lives of Sean and Ian. It was also a great introduction for Kallos. Although it was a bit heartwarming for such a short story, ARCidalia gave a bit of insight as to what the two brothers have had to go through while awaiting the arrival of their soul mate and true love. I truly enjoyed reading this novella and went straight into Kallos from there. Well done on a greAt introduction Khelsey Jackson! ~AC Wright (WaAr)~
Kallos (Kallos Series)
Heather Alexander
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a short story, it is the prequel to Kallos. Acidalia's end is near, making room for the new Aphrodite. She has to say goodbye to Sean and Ian (brothers). The one thing she wants is for them to be there for each other, no matter what. Very hard as they both love her intensly. That's about all I can say, give it a read, especially if you plan on reading Kallos. Even in such a very short story, you will like the characters. WaAr
Merisha28
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for a honest review ~WaAr~
This is a great short that gets you involved fast. Love the story and can't wait to read Kallos!
The book is about Acidalia who is in line to become Aphrodite reincarnated. She is in love with both Ian and Sean, however she loves Ian more. After she consults the goddess's looking glass, she finds out that she is short on time. Will the boys be okay?? I gave this a 5 star review loved the short and always love mythology!!
Janie
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.

OMG!!!! I loved this short story, Having read Kallos before hand it helped to explain about the previous reincarnation of Aphrodite and the feelings that Sean & Ian felt for her.
Brilliant short read for anyone :)
Aneesa Price
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, poignant story depicting the fear of the unknown and the fear of lovers' lost. The story was well-written and despite its short length, managed to convey emotion equal to the pending tragedy in its tale.
Yekaterina
Feb 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Perhaps I'm just lost and should have read Kallos, but this is the prequel - right? I have no idea what just happened or why? I was expecting a back story or an explanation of some sort. Nope, just a girl and two guys, experiencing a death. I am so confused.
W.H.
OMGosh! What a splendid, emotional, and heartfelt ride we have going on here.. I read this short twice just to absorb the impact of emotions portrayed by Khelsey Jackson. All I can say is AWESOMESAUCE! I will be checking into Kallos when it comes out..

5 out of 5 Hearts
Lovetiggi's Book Reviews
Lauren
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Acidalia is created to love Sean and Ian, two brothers, equally. However she loves Ian more, which means she is not the one. Very quick read that pulls you into the story. It does end as quick as it begins, however I think it was perfectly done! WaAR
Jessica
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure what is going on in this short story. Sound like a great Beginning to a wonderful story as always. I got that there is a dying girl and her two loves. As short of a beginning as it was it was very heartfelt. Made me teary eyed.
Crystal
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Glad that I got to read this before I start reading the first book. Gives me more into the lives of everyone.
Valerie Mcqueen
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Acidalia by Khelsey Jackson

Rating 5*****

This book was provided by the author in exchange for honest Literary Review.

After reading Kallos, my heart was simply breaking reading this short story. How awful it must be to find love, know that love is not really meant for you, and that you are dying!!!! That was the life Acidalia has to live.
This is a super, but heart breaking story. I could actually feel the guys heart breaking. Even though I am definitely Team Sean, I had to feel bad for poor Ian
Erin
Dec 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Creepy premise, terrible editing, written in present tense. I hope the books are better.
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this series...and would love to see more!!
Amy
Sep 03, 2012
  • Downpour (Ember, #2)
  • The Switch
  • Dark Light
  • Moonlight (Immortalis, #4.5)
  • Blood and Light (Blood and Light Vampire, #1)
  • Silver Mortal (The Gracen Chronicles, #1)
  • Brethren Beginnings: Volume 1 (Brethren,  #0.5)
  • Everlife
  • Paranormal Days Gone Awry
  • The Gift (In Darkness We Must Abide, #4)
  • Doves for Sale (Sparrows, #2)
  • Kylee (Once Upon a Zombie Apocalypse #1 POV 1)
  • Winter Fae (Armored Hearts, #0.5)
  • Yesterday's Daughter
  • The Undying (Hayle Coven #16)
  • Jade (Once Upon a Zombie Apocalypse #1 POV 2)
  • Heart of the Kraken (Tales from Darjee, #1)
Khelsey hails from the Sunshine State (California) but moved to Minnesota when she was 11 years old. Her grandmother raised her and her brother. When she was 18 she did what any sane teen would do and moved to the city of sin, Las Vegas NV. There she met her handsome husband and the rest is history. She loves to read, and will read almost anything guess when you have read just about everything, th ...more
More about Khelsey Jackson

Kallos (4 books)
  • Kallos (Kallos #1)
  • Kallos' Sorrow  (Kallos Series, #2)
  • Aphrodite's Curse