Start by marking “Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)

Wild Child

(The Wild Ones #1.5)

Jenna Theopolis has always known what she wanted. Getting out of her small hometown of Greenfield was number one on her list of priorities. Until she met Rusty Catron.
Rusty’s fun-loving personality was the perfect match for Jenna’s inner wild child. But what started off as a summer fling quickly turns into something more. At least it does for Jenna.

Rusty has lived with the
Nook
Published October 21st 2013 by M. Leighton (first published October 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Child

Pam
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Don’t ever take this away from me again,” he says softly.

“Don’t ever ask me to,” I reply.

I loved this little novella, it’s been awhile since I had a lil of Trick in my life, but glad the Wild Ones are back at it again. Rusty and Jenna were a perfect match from the very beginning making their summer fling last longer than they both expected, hoping to one day follow in Cami and Tricks footsteps. Getting roped into the wedding and Cami’s crazy-premarital-no-sex-rule, there was a wh
Michelle Leighton
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
author
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Communication is key! That is the lesson we should all take away from Wild Child. Oh these two! This was such a lovely lovely novella. Rusty and Jenna clearly love each other however both have a hard time communicating that to one another. Each has their own idea of their relationship and speaking up would have helped clear a few things up. I absolutely loved Jenna and Rusty’s story and after waiting what feels like forever for this book, I was not
Jessica
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy to read Jenna and Rusty story finally. They are the best friends of Trick and Cami who were main characters of the first book. Jenna and Cami plan on being celibate until Cami and Trick get married. Wow this book is hot and funny. I love how there wondering if girls can have blue balls too.
Michelle
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow. Now that is how you write a novella. This was a short read, but packed such a punch. With such a variety of emotions, it read more like a full novel than just a glimpse into Jenna & Rusty's struggle to find their way together beyond the fears that held them back.

Jenna is not the type of girl to live in the same small town she grew up in, she has big dreams to escape the small town life. Rusty has always known that Jenna was not the kind of girl to stick. He was just waiting and enjoying
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
It's M. Leighton and it had hot cowboys, couldn't be less than 5 stars! I know I am always spouting my dislike for novellas but that is usually because I never have enough time to connect with the characters...well not here! Jenna and Rusty are hot, sweet, intense and perfect! And might I add...DAMN! i will forever respect a mechanical bull! M Leighton can turn any inanimate object into the best sexual toy in the world! Happy Reading to all...nothing bad here!
Katherine
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Kathryn
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FREAKIN AWESOME... The things that happen in this book...
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
M. Leighton is flippin brilliant!!!!

FULL REVIEW:
*sighs heavily*
I was so excited to be able to read about my beloved characters from The Wild Ones series. The first book rocked my socks and I fell soooo in love with Trick and Cami. I couldn't wait to dive in to Wild Child and ride the fun with Jenna and Rusty.
Well, I am going to start out by saying...YEE-HAW baby!!! Wild Child threw us right in to the lives of Rusty and Jen
Lyndsie
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wild Child, Wild Child! I’ve been waiting forever for Rusty & Jenna!! You need to read The Wild Ones first before you start this. You need to get the background on these two and you need to meet MY Trick. Yes, I said MY Trick!

Wild Child picks up after Jenna finishes college and heads back for Trick and Cami’s wedding. Cami has the brilliant idea to withhold sex from Trick until their wedding night and gets Jenna to join her with holding out on Rusty. To me this is hilarious! They all try th
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
While I didn't finish All of You by Christina Lee today, I did start and finish this gorgeous title here. In one sitting at that! I devoured all of its goodness and couldn't get enough of it. I read Andrea's review on The Bookish Babes and I knew I would not be disappointed by this novella. I wasn't! I had a fun time with Trick and Cami, but my heart truly belongs with Rusty and Jenna. I loved loved loved their firecracker, fun-loving and snarky personalities and I truly adored these two. At fir ...more
AH
3.5 stars. Read this book as a bonus in Some Like it Wild. I liked getting some background on Jake's little sister Jenna and her love interest Rusty. This was a fun little romance written in alternating first person points of view of the main characters. The story takes place immediately before the events of Some Like it Wild.

Jenna's best friend Cami takes on a vow of celibacy in the week leading up to her wedding to Trick. In the spirit of sharing, Jenna agrees to do the same with her boyfrien
❤️ Diana ❤️
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
M. Leighton is becoming one of my favorite authors. From YA To NA to PNR she knocks it out of the park!! This is a novella about Rusty and Jenna, but even in a novella M Leighton still evokes real emotion from you. There was a bit of drama, some hot sex scenes and some tears, both of joy and sadness. Plus we got to witness Cami and Tricks wedding!! Ahh Trick how I have missed you!! Plus she's gotten me excited to read about Jenna's brother Jake!!

5***** Wild Stars!!!
Breanna
Dec 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
Omg! Omg! Omg! Super exited!!!!
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 "leaving kind" Kisses

Wild Child just took me for a wild ride! I was not prepared...I knew it would be hot (which it was)...angsty (which it so was)...and of course emotional (ooooh boy was it!). I was not however prepared for the tears. Yeah...M. Leighton just made me ugly cry!

Jenna Theopolis is a hell cat...she's feisty and fiery and you never know what's going to come out of her mouth. Most of the time it's hilarious or will make you blush...or both. She
Page Turning Book Junkie
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 Smokin' Southern Heated Stars!
[image error] photo image_zpse37a1921.jpg

Holy heated sexual tension Batman! Someone definitely turned the heat up in here because there is a southern bad boy who is trying to tame a beautiful wild child and it was a sizzling experience. Michelle Leighton continues to amaze and dazzle with this addition to The Wild Ones series.She always knows how to write a solid connection between two seemingly unlikely-to-be couples.

"His loose gait is like that of a lion, stalking his prey. And I
Andrea
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Trick Henley was my first fictional cowboy crush. But.... I also fell hard for his best friend Rusty Catron. Whereas Trick and Cami were the star-crossed, Romeo and Juliet-esque couple that had me on the edge of my seat, Rusty and Jenna, Cami's best friend, were the wild cards, the couple who had my giggling and hoping I would eventually get their story.

Wild Child is their story. And while I was initially bummed that they were getting a novella and not a full-length novel, I will say that Leight
Bettyrudy
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story was so good!! I freakin loved it! M. Leighton is one of my fav authors for a reason. This book has it all!!
Kim
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
We met Jenna and Rusty in book one The Wild Ones as Cami and Trick's best friends. Jenna is also Jake's sister from book two, Some like It Wild. Jenna is spirited, outspoken, and fun loving. She has always looked forward to leaving Greenfield behind and making something out of herself. Rusty is wild, passionate, and charismatic, but has insecurities stemming from his past. They are totally compatible, hot for each other, and have strong feelings. But they do have some issues with communication. ...more
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-release
Oh how I love M. Leighton. The Wild Ones was such a fun and emotional read, I expected Wild Child to be something along those lines. And that’s what I got, but in a way – more.

I really liked Jenna as Cami’s best friend in The Wild Ones, but to be honest, I didn’t get a good reading on Rusty as Trick’s best friend.

However – my reading on Rusty in this novella was loud and clear and I. Love. Rusty.

I’m not doing to delve into the plot, I want to concentrate on the characters and my feelings here.

Je
CrazyForRomance
In questa novella ritroviamo Cami e Trick che abbiamo conosciuto, come ho già detto, in Averti è impossibile che si trovano a pochi giorni dal loro matrimonio e hanno deciso di praticare l’astinenza prima di tale giorno... e Cami coinvolge in questa storia anche Jenna la sua migliore amica.
Jenna nel frattempo è in una relazione non propriamente definita con Rusty, stanno insieme ma non hanno dichiarati apertamente i propri sentimenti. Jenna vuole andare avanti con la sua vita, fare progetti, ma
Milot
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
BEAUTIFUL, INTENSE, TOUCHING love story

Michelle Leighton did it again. !!

I loved this book and I do mean LOVED!! And what’s really special to this novella is that, it teaches us lessons in life to live by.

Wild Child is the story of Jenna and Rusty and their struggles in keeping their relationship works. Wild Child makes me experience a roller coaster of emotions. I smile, giggle, laugh, pant and cry. And I can’t deny a fact that every time I read Michelle Leighton books I always end up pantin
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
eh.....was a quick read - wanted more out of this story.
Alyssa
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"...Help me to be the kind of man you could spend the rest of your life loving. Because that's who I want to be."

Loved Rusty & Jenna's Story
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Innanzitutto ci tengo a dire una cosa: Se non volete fare come me, spoilerandovi un libro, vi consiglio di leggere questa novella (per chi si accinge ancora a conoscere questa serie) prima di Tutto è possibile tra noi.

Chi è Jenna Theopolis? Partendo da un'ovvietà? La migliore amica di Cami, la protagonista dello scorso volume e, cosa non meno importante, una ragazza con la testa sulle spalle ed un carattere molto vivace, se così possiamo dire.
Con il suo
Rose Maniscalco
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a short read about Jenna and Rusty from the Wild Ones. We already knew they were together from that book, but Rusty doesn't think Jenna will ever stick around. Jenna isn't sure Rusty wants her to.

Things come to a head at the wedding of their two best friends. They finally admit how they feel about each other.

Cute story.
Kayla Jackson
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can’t tell you one book my leighton I didn’t like

Sooooo good. A must read
Simone
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Elizabeth Ayala
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-leighton
Great book.jenna and Rusty are hot together!
Elena Mora
Mar 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Per essere solo un racconto è decisamente meglio del primo volume della serie, anche i personaggi hanno un maggiore spessore e la storia ha più senso.Una stella e mezzo.
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Lucky Me
  • Depravity
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
  • Burning Up (Bound Together, #2)
  • Given (Give & Take, #3)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Altered (Devoured, #3)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Flawed (Connections, #5)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • What the Heart Takes (Soulmate, #3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels ...more

The Wild Ones (4 books)
  • The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)
  • Some like It Wild (The Wild Ones, #2)
  • There's Wild, Then There's You (The Wild Ones, #3)